NEVER GIVE UP

NEVER GIVE UP

A Chapter by Vijay
"

Achieving your goal is not that hard it seems.

"
"Never ever Give Up " .How many times did  you hear of this and decided to do something and never give it up. You start making plans and implementing them,everything seems to fall into place.Problems start looming,you try your best to overcome them but they seem to grow bigger and bigger.Eventually you loose your vigour and sign off.
Here is a story of a runner.He was the favourite for the 400m sprint in 1992 olympic.He had trained hard for the event.It was a effort of years which had brought him here.As the race began he was off in a flash.The stage was set for him,he could see the reward for his hard work decked few meters ahead of him.But things never happen as we wish.As the expectation of him winning rose suddenly he broke down in the middle.He was down crying bearing the pain of torn hamstring.He could barely stand.But he never gave up,he endured through the  pain,limped  to complete the lap.As he crossed the finish line, the crowd of 65,000 spectators rose to give him  a standing ovation.It is marked as the most memorable moment of the olympics ever.The runner was none other than DEREK REDMOND.Had he given up he would have never  been  a guiding light for the innumerable sprinters across the world.
How many of us  would endure such kind of pain ? Somewhere down the lane this is a fact which differentiate DEREK from others.The courage and determination of not giving up.Enduring to the level we never thought we could reach.But we fail to understand endurance come from within so as the feeling of giving up.Its all upon us to choose.The choice we make determines our future.Either we rise to the occasion or we fade away.
We also know there is no special mantra to win but to hang in there till the end.Then what is that which stop us from winning.Why we give up to failures and everything that pushes us back.Why is it only few who withstand the storm,others just wither away ?What is that,which drives people like DEREK.Well its the winning ATTITUDE .Its the uncompromising attitude to win.Accepting nothing less than the winning trophy.Unwillingness to get boged down.This attitude never let them stop,it keeps them running inspite of unbearable pain.
Do we need something special in us to be like them ?Answer is no.You just need to be a human being.Every person breathing have in him to achieve watever he wants.Its just we dont follow our dream.Its because we give up our dream very soon.We always keep working hard to meet others expectation.But we forget to meet our own expectation and the saddest part of the story is we are cool with it.We compete with others but whoever have make it large in life have competed with oneself.Always striving to be better person each day.
Rome was not built in a day.Such is your dream.You cant conquire them in a jiffy.Split your dream into small milestone and start your journey.I am a huge fan of Sachin Tendulkar.Something which touches me is his principle.Someone asked him what is the reason behind his success.He explained "I  always had one thing in mind whenever I went for practice.At the end of the day I need to a better player than yesterday."How easily he set himself little milestones to achieve at the end of every day.This is how people chase their dream down.Nothing supernatural just the right attitude.
Compete with oneself and never let it go friends.Trying risks failure.Giving up confirms it .


© 2012 Vijay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012
Tags: Success, motivation, inspiration


Author

Vijay
Vijay

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India



About
I Love motivating people.Follower of "Law of attraction ".Friendly Adaptive Humorous Professional are few of my different visages :) more..

Writing
GOD AND HIS WALL GOD AND HIS WALL

A Chapter by Vijay


BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES

A Chapter by Vijay


TAME YOUR FEAR TAME YOUR FEAR

A Chapter by Vijay