Family Conversation

Family Conversation

A Chapter by vintageromance96

Chapter 3

Family Conversation

I saw a taxi and it had people holding a sign saying CALL YOUR PARENTS IF YOUR NAME IS SARA so I did.

"Hello?" I yelped.

"Honey, is that you?" my mom answered worrying about my voice.

"Yup, was that you passing by Elmwood Street in the taxi?"

"Yeah! Was that you holding on for dear life by yourself, with a robot right behind you?"

"Um, where the heck are you now?"

"Well we just passed by England. And now…. 5…4…3…2…1… um...we just passed by China."

"What day, month, time, and year is it right now?"

"Today is Friday May 13, 2056. The time is 9:05; please stand for the Pledge to the Flag. I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic of which we stand one nation under God, indivisible, and liberty and justice for all."

I hung up the phone and cried. I knew that in order to get to my family back I would have to find a time machine and that was nearly impossible these days. I also knew that today was Friday, May 24, 2008, 2:45p.m.

I called for a taxi and asked for it to take me to 1234 Cherryblossom Avenue, New York City: my home. Once I had gotten there, I packed all of my belongings that I would need for a month's trip or quest if you might want to call it that but I prefer to calm myself and call it a trip, to save my sanity, you see. I took my pet cat Angel and packed her belongings for a month too.

She purred, and purred until she fell asleep on my pink, purple, and white striped window seat. I tried to wake her slumber but I could not do it, she looked too cute. Rolled in a ball; purring; and just asking me to rub her belly. It was just too cute. But on the other hand I knew that if I left her here she would be unhappy and not safe. I needed to do this. The quest. I mean trip. It was an hour later when she woke from her sleep, and she asked me for food but I did not give it to her. Instead I said to her, not aloud though, but thought to thought~ we need to go on a quest, but now more than before. In response she said that is purrfectly fine, and then started purring again. I knew that she wanted food but I could not risk the chance that I would have to carry her, or that she would fall asleep in slumber again. But I did pack her traveling pet carrier, food dishes, and water dishes, along with anything else she would need or want, but I stopped right as I was packing the first item in the suitcase.



© 2012 vintageromance96


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 22, 2012
Last Updated on May 22, 2012


Author

vintageromance96
vintageromance96

Ellicott City, MD



About
Hi, my name is Alexandra. I'm in college majoring in Secondary Education - Mathematics. I love creative writing and love to read. I enjoy writing poetry and I always have something to say. Thank you f.. more..

Writing