Acceleration

Acceleration

A Story by Voxharmony
"

A short snippet of a visual that I find easy to describe in writing, as it is so disturbing, but one that also keeps readers on the edge of their seats..

"
                                                                               On the bench he sat, waiting, watching. 

Hurriedly the passers-by crossed his vision, but he was only interested in one type, he saw only one. With eerie rigidness he waited, his glazed eyes paying no homage to the glimmer of the moonlight’s reflections. Slowly he lifted his scarred arm, gripping the cold metal shape in his jacket pocket. Satisfied with its reassured presence, he returned his hand to its place; folded nicely with the other upon his lap.
Steadily the crowds diminished and left the streets lonely and still, minus only the seemingly ominous presence of a man on a bench.
  He sat unfazed by the growing desolation of the dark, he waited. He had only been in the muffled silence for about an hour or three, when she arrived. 
As she approached the pool of light that seemed to drown the streetlight it flowed from, it was then her fate was set.
With a silent swiftness he arose; drawn by the victim and its scent. Without so much as a blink, he soon fell into identical step with the delicate creature. His heart pace accelerated to a rate much higher than it had been while he had waited; he watched with a greater intensity, but the glaze over his eyes remained. As they walked and as he watched, his senses absorbed every aspect of his surroundings, and of his prey.
As if sensing the burnished stare drilling her open, she shivered heavily under the chill of the night, while her portentous follower did not.
With almost inhuman steadiness, his pace accelerated in potent silence. The unconsented duo continued in their soundless scene with no one but the streets for an audience.
                    Coming closer, his veins tensed and bulged, his senses fed off her trembling aura. The alley was approaching; they were drawing near to his lair.
   A final acceleration of footsteps and a swift transfer of movement from pocket to throat brought the swallow of the darkness, and they were gone.

© 2012 Voxharmony


Author's Note

Voxharmony
Let me know what you think, this is another old piece, but let me know nonetheless :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

863 Views
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 12, 2012
Tags: horror, suspense, murder, stalking, stalker, night, death, danger, fright

Author

Voxharmony
Voxharmony

Canada



About
Why hello there! I'm an experimental writer, struggling to find my ambition and my niche. I'd love some reviews and feedback. Some people write for themselves, some for others, I for both. Let me kn.. more..

Writing
Red Gates Red Gates

A Story by Voxharmony