A Feeling Lost

A Feeling Lost

A Poem by Voxharmony
"

From the perspective of three; let me know what you think..

"

The Ground who will catch

And with that, my breath was smothered. After such panicked struggle, the contrast in the air that flowed above me was deathly strong. I saw their souls slip away as they came to me; first on their knees, and then to my face. Their bodies emanate now dwindling warmth; I summon the wind to pull my blanket of leaves upon their exposed and ruptured backs. I weakened my surface to cradle the innocents, and inherently absorbed their red iron taste into the dampness of my face. Their stillness draws attention to the tremors from the stepping of many boots across my plain. I hold them in their frozen gaze, apart from this task helpless to aid their grave fate. Like me, none of the beings still here after the sound of the fire will not feel anything anymore.

 

The Fox who will witness

And with that, my breath was sharpened. From my hiding place I felt the tremor of the merciless shots that had been the couple’s end. My copper fur stood on edge as I sensed the evil in the air. Overwhelmed with questions and pity, I heard their souls slip away as the humans fell in despair to their knees, and then to their faces. The uniformed murderers turned away indifferently as a gentle yet bone chilling breeze blew a slight cloak of fallen leaves over the innocents. Though not exposed I could smell the red, life holding metal that now drained from their unnaturally still forms.  The uniforms now walked away, and I tilted my head as I recognized the ugly pride and lack of remorse that swarmed around their heads. Approaching the two I saw fall, I tried to understand why the humans turned with such evil upon their own kind. Placing myself between the two faces paralyzed in dread and love, I knew it must be because those men, those uniforms, could not feel anything anymore.

 

The Victim who is Silenced

And with that, my breath was gone. The last site viewed with life in my eyes was the fleeing and the falls of the others, of my love. I felt my soul slip away as my body fell to its knees, then to the ground. An inhuman stillness washed over me as my flesh collided with the damp earth. My darling lies beside me now, she possesses the same stillness as I, and our icy eyes forever peer through each other. I’m heartbroken that our last memory together was this terror of discovery, of condemnation of our people. Now in the distance, footsteps pound the ground upon which we lie; their echo sending tremors through the earth into my lifelessness. At least here on the ground I am free of that impaling agony that, along with my blood, drained the soul from my body.  But I can also no longer feel the cherished gaze of my love. I cannot feel anything anymore.  

© 2012 Voxharmony


Author's Note

Voxharmony
written in response to a highschool assignment lol, but I still kinda like the concept, i may attempt again sometime..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on August 21, 2012
Last Updated on August 21, 2012
Tags: death, sad, perspective, war, lovers

Author

Voxharmony
Voxharmony

Canada



About
Why hello there! I'm an experimental writer, struggling to find my ambition and my niche. I'd love some reviews and feedback. Some people write for themselves, some for others, I for both. Let me kn.. more..

Writing
Red Gates Red Gates

A Story by Voxharmony