The Thrasher Wars- Wolven Rising

The Thrasher Wars- Wolven Rising

A Story by Vincent Paul Tran
"

Just the first bit of my fourth attempt at a story. hopefully it's better than the first.

"

The drumbeats of war had started again. They had broken our treaties and encroached on our northern borders for far too long.

Thrasher aggression could not be tolerated!

As war prince to the city of Sha'mella, I could not stand by and see my people trampled under foot. Thrashers had no right to take Wolven land, and even less right to take Wolven life.

“My prince,” Hoofwen said. The war meeting had already begun.

I nodded and made my way to the chamber hall. I passed by a sickly pup on the street as I made my way across the street, too weak to even assume his regal form.

I pitied him. As I pitied all afflicted by the disease those insidious rabbits had passed into our gene pool. It had already decimated our race " it wouldn't take long before it affected us all.

“Tell me Hoofwen, the state of affairs.”

Hoofwen was my oldest friend and my father's most trusted adviser. He and Father had fought in the war of liberation for Sha'mella against the Thrashers. It was Hoofwen that led the assault on the Grand Hall and Father who assassinated the Thrasher prince. My favorite story of those days was how Father described the twitching of the eyes of the false lord as his life essence was taken from him.

It was the first time a Wolven army stood up against Thrasher technology and actually won. It is how my father became king and Hoofwen became his adviser. As the only proof that Thrasher aggression could forced back, Sha'mella's was of vital importance to all Wolven. Most were still enslaved to the Thrasher empire. Hoofwen said it began long before even his birth. Thrashers were the ones who created the first cities, with the great apes as their allies. They invited all races, cheetah, lion, panther, even Thrasher to marvel at this new thing called “city.” It was a marvelous site I was told. With colors and tastes to dance on the tongues and eyes of the beasts of the earth, all stood, awestruck at the power “technology” brought.

But it was all a trap. At first, the rabbits simply pleaded with their fine visitors to stay a touch longer. Then they build them housing, hovels of dirt and cloth really. They would entertain the strongest of us by day and plan our destruction by night.

For you see, along with invented “city”, the rabbits had also invented another technology- war. And they were proficient in it's use..

So ever since my people have followed one law of war " never trust a Thrasher. Never trust his word, never trust his deed, only trust that his lifeless corpse will make an excellent pillow.   

© 2013 Vincent Paul Tran


Author's Note

Vincent Paul Tran
please leave brutally honest comments and suggestions

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

so far i like it. hope to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
1 Review
Added on December 11, 2013
Last Updated on December 11, 2013
Tags: war, animals, rabbits, wolves

Author

Vincent Paul Tran
Vincent Paul Tran

Midland, TX



About
I'm just a guy who wants to share his stories more..