The Fairy Girl

The Fairy Girl

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

While walking through the woods one fall day, I stumble upon a fairy.

"

I was taking a walk through the woods one day, enjoying the fall colors before they faded. The brilliant reds of the maple trees and the golden to brown shades of the oak trees competed with the greens of the pine trees for my attention, when a sudden movement on my right won out. There I saw a tiny creature. At first, I thought it was a butterfly, but it was too frosty for butterflies. On closer inspection, I saw an exquisite face with green eyes and flowing blond hair. 

"Don't hurt me!" she cried. The tiny voice sounded like music. 

"You can talk?" I gasped. 

After recovering from my astonishment, I noticed that her hair was tangled in a bayberry bush. As I reached to untangle the beautiful hair, she recoiled with fright. 

" I'm not going to hurt you, " I said. 

"My father will be here soon with the entire army," she countered. 

" Oh, " I inquired, "Is it a big army?" 

Unable to make eye contact, she answered, "Well, they are bigger than me, and there are many of them". 

"How many?" I insisted. 

Biting her lips she finally answered, "Three..."

Holding back a laugh, I pretended to be afraid, " Oh my, whatever shall I do! "

Her face brightened, "If you let me go, they won't hurt you!"

" Just what would they do to me"? "Well...they could stab you with their mighty swords." 

" Have they ever taken on an adversary as large as me before? " I questioned.

"No...I don't think so, but they are very brave," she insisted.

With a final tug, I released her hair.

"Fly away now little one!" I implored.

Without a look back, her fragile wings sprang to life, and she was gone. 

Had I really just had a conversation with a tiny fairy girl? Or was I daydreaming again?



© 2017 Wendy Seames Garner


Author's Note

Wendy Seames Garner
Pictures Copyright GaryE.Garner 2016

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fun. I really expected something bad to happen like a fable. I recommend putting the line " Just what would they do to me"? "Well...they could stab you with their mighty swords." " into two lines, one for each character speaking. It threw me for a second.

Posted 4 Years Ago


That was really cute! I enjoyed reading this one.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Diane

6 Years Ago

I like them too but i'm not as good as making short stories. I need to catch up.
Wendy Seames Garner

6 Years Ago

You might be surprised at what you can do.
Diane

6 Years Ago

So far only two. Its so hard for me to stop writing once I start. The prompts really do get your min.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 23, 2017


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing