Spiders

Spiders

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

I wake to a black demon from my worst nightmares.

"


I opened my eyes to find I was in a dark tent. Moonlight reflected the shadows of hundreds, if not thousands of spiders covering the tent. I could feel the heavy weight of a large tarantula covering one eye.


Frozen with fear, I closed my eyes and tried not to move, all the time praying the spider would leave. It stayed on my face, for what seemed like hours, but was probably just a minute or two. Through squinted eyes, I watched the spider as it slowly moved down my body, and slipped out the open tent door. 


Who unzipped my tent?


I rushed to zip the tent before more of the spiders could enter! Turning my eyes searched the interior, praying I wouldn't find any more of those terrifying creatures. My prayers went unanswered, to my right sat a black demon from my worst nightmares.


What should I do? 


Looking down, I spied one of my shoes. 


I can use the shoe to smash it! 


I slowly picked up the shoe and tried to muster up the courage to slam it down on the beast. Just do it!. I stood frozen in place, but then the monster started to move towards me. With all my might, I swung the shoe down. There was a crunching sound. 


Good, it's dead!.


 Lifting up the shoe, I saw movement. 


It's not dead


I slammed the shoe down again, putting all my weight into it, and twisted the shoe around. I was almost too afraid to look at it again, for fear it was still alive. Lifting the shoe, I saw a satisfying brownish blob.


I examined the tent carefully but didn't see any more of the hideous things, on the inside anyway. The outside of the tent was another matter. 


Where did they all come from?


Like a mad woman, I punched at the tent, trying to dislodge the spiders. After several minutes, I couldn't see any more spiders.


The spiders appear to be gone, but what if they aren't?


Reaching for my purse, I pulled out my phone and dialed... 


"911 what is your emergency?"









© 2017 Wendy Seames Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha I would have sent that tent on fire. The first time I read this I was like nope nope nope.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Diane

6 Years Ago

well i would hope you would have got out first lol
Wendy Seames Garner

6 Years Ago

Not sure I would be able to think that well after that scare.
Diane

6 Years Ago

haha to funny. I think If anyone could get out of that alive it would be you. The rest of us not so .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 23, 2017
Tags: Spiders, Halloween


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing