The Terrible Twos - The Saga Continues

The Terrible Twos - The Saga Continues

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

The Terrible Twos continues, this time with a lot of the eww factor.

"

My little Hope E.'s antics as she makes her way through her “Terrible Twos” year are sure to test this grandma's patience. We are trying to potty-train Hope. At Me Ma's house she will only sit on the potty chair fully clothed - while at home, she has actually used it, twice.


I tell her, “If you are a big girl, like Jessica, and go potty in the potty chair, we will have a party!”


Nope, that doesn't work.


“You can wear pretty “Big Girl” panties if you go potty in the potty-chair.”


Are you kidding me?


Lately, she has started telling me when she has gone poo in her diaper. Yesterday, I was trying to throw some supper together, when I looked over at Hope. She was standing if front of the TV, one hand jammed down into her diaper. Her other hand held a big brown clump.


“Nooo, Hope, ewww!” I exclaimed in horror.  I rushed her to the bathroom to wash her hands, before she could touch anything. Next stop, the bedroom to change one nasty diaper and check her clothes for contamination. “Why do you do that, Hope? That is soo nasty!” I rambled on, totally grossed out.


I must say, Hope comes by this trait honestly. I remember when her father was a little boy, just a bit younger than Hope is now. I heard him giggling one day, when he was suppose to be napping. Entering his room, I was assaulted by a sight and smell I remember like it was yesterday! Brian was brown, head to toe. Poop was smeared from one end of the crib to the other. The walls, within an arms reach, as well.


After eating her supper last night, Hope was taken into the bedroom, where Christy changed her, once again, shapoopied diaper. Caught it before any damage could be done this time. Yes!


A few minutes later, I heard Hope yelling, “Help, Me Ma, mess!” Entering the bedroom, I found the now shredded diaper, strewn across the bedroom floor - courtesy of the dog.


I will be so glad when Hope is finally potty-trained!


I'll throw you a party, Hope, and buy you a dozen balloons. Pretty please, please, please, please, please use the potty chair Hope.



© 2017 Wendy Seames Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I watch a three year old some afternoons, who is potty training. Pee in the potty? No Problem! Poop? Are you out of your mind?! No way, no how! Please, please, please, Lord, don't let him start playing with it!
No folks, it's not all kisses and hugs, we're talking reality, here! Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I watch a three year old some afternoons, who is potty training. Pee in the potty? No Problem! Poop? Are you out of your mind?! No way, no how! Please, please, please, Lord, don't let him start playing with it!
No folks, it's not all kisses and hugs, we're talking reality, here! Great write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OH GOOD GRIEF .. how awful! Do I really have this to look forward to all this one day!

Although this hass absolutely sickening details, somehow i found a place or two when i laughed or smiled. Guess this is what loving a child is all about .. but oh my, Wendy, you must long for the day when you have to stop saying PLEASE!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

its long but i love it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on October 28, 2017
Tags: copyright WSG, grandmother, granddaughter, poop, family, love


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..