Why Didn't You Tell Me

Why Didn't You Tell Me

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

“We saw how lonesome you were, and wanted to do something to help. We searched, until we found him, it was suppose to be a surprise for you.”

"

Deanna

April 12, 2012


Deanna was a quiet 32 year old woman, who kept to herself. She didn't have many friends, not since her trip to the psych ward, and losing her previous job - no one wants to be your friend if you're crazy.


She started hearing voices a couple of years previously, after a minor accident that resulted in a concussion. Everyone thought she was going crazy, she ended up her in the psychiatric ward. After months of upheaval, and in a moment of exasperation, she talked back to the voices, and they answered. Since then, she had been taking messages for an hour every evening, and delivering them the next day, after her boring day job at a factory.


Deanna Sheldon was speaking with her friends in the spirit world.

“Why didn't you tell me?” Deanna asked.

“We saw how lonesome you were, and wanted to do something to help. We searched, until we found him, it was suppose to be a surprise for you.”

“Well, I was scared to death when I read that ad in the paper, I thought he was the devil!”

She heard giggles in reply to this bit of information. She wasn't really mad at them, their intentions had been good, and she did have that date with Nick looming pleasantly ahead.

“Well, next time, no surprises please. What is Nick like?”

“He is 34 year old, relatively good looking, strong, competitive, creative, energetic and...he's psychic, just like you, Deanna! Both of Nick's parents died in a car crash when he was four years old. With no siblings or even grandparents, he was all alone. Growing up in North Carolina, he moved from one foster care family, to another. He never fit in with the other kids, and spent most of his time alone, talking with us. His foster parents thought he was weird, always talking to imaginary friends.”

“That's sad...how long have you been talking with him?”

“Since he was three years old.”

“That long? How come I couldn't hear you until I was 28?”

“He was born with the ability. You had to have it knocked into you.”

“Can it get knocked back out?” Deanna was alarmed, though it took her a while to get use to the voices in her head, she didn't want to lose them again.

“Probably...we would miss you, Deanna.”

“And I would miss you. Anything else you can tell me about Nick?”

“He's six foot one, and weighs two hundred fifteen pounds. His hair is dark brown, and has greenish brown eyes flecked with gold. Nick joined the Army as soon as he was old enough. He was stationed in El Paso, Texas. He stayed there after leaving the Army, and went to college. We persuaded him that a move to move here to find his soul mate.”

“He sounds pretty nice, anything bad I should know about him?”

“Well...he is impulsive, aggressive and impatient, but those are really balanced out by his good traits. He has some bad migraine headaches at times, puts him right in bed.”

“Are you sure we will get along?”

“You are soul mates, Deanna, made for each other.”










© 2012 Wendy Seames Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wendy! That was awesome. Can you write more to go with it?

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Diane

7 Years Ago

You may like the smaller laptops. They take less a minute to turn on! Updates take less then five mi.. read more
Wendy Seames Garner

7 Years Ago

They have to take my card making and embroidery programs, too.
Diane

7 Years Ago

Oh yeah.. hmmm, they have bigger ones on there. The cost a little but more. I need a bigger one too.. read more
Wow, you have done it again, you could possibly do a follow up, of this lovely story, a great read, more like this please:))Moonbeam

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wendy Seames Garner

11 Years Ago

Thanks, Moonbeam! My granddaughter is begging for more, too.
moonbeam40

11 Years Ago

great stuff:))
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
nice its Deanna's turn to know him. but i wonder who is this ghost match maker. ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My turn Wendy... "Everyone though she was going crazy" Someone stole your "T" !!
The B******s !!!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 17, 2012
Tags: copyright WSG, psychic, voices, death, medium


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Biting Back Biting Back

A Poem by Bubo


PEACE PEACE

A Poem by Coyote Poetry