Taking Flight

Taking Flight

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

Thoughts of recurring dreams, from her childhood, came pouring in on Deanna. Dreams in which she was flying, up above the earth, a strange mist beneath her.

"

Deanna woke feeling exhilarated. She knew she had been dreaming, but couldn't quite remember what the dream had been about. She was left with a sense of euphoria.Whatever it was, I hope I dream it again. She went about her day feeling better than she had in years.


That evening, she had her nightly session with her what she now called her “Spirit Guides” - people who had passed on, but had been visiting with her nightly for about a couple of years now. The male called himself, Sun Dreamer, and the female, Amphyllis.


“How did you like your trip last night?” Amphyllis asked.


“I didn't go anywhere last night.” Deanna replied.


“Are you sure you didn't take flight?” Sun Dreamer inquired.


“What do you mean take flight?”


“We call it astral projection, when your spiritual body leaves your physical body, flying off to different locations on the astral plane.” Amphyllis said.


“What makes you think I can do that?”


“We were with you, as we have been many times, since you were a young girl.” said Sun Dreamer.


Thoughts of recurring dreams, from her childhood, came pouring in on Deanna. Dreams in which she was flying, up above the earth, a strange mist beneath her. She had experienced such happiness, and freedom during those dreams - until hands had started reaching up from the mist to drag her down. She became afraid to go to bed at night. She learned to suppress her dreams, until she rarely remembered dreaming at night.


“That was real? They weren't just dreams?”


“You dream about the things you have been thinking of, when first you fall asleep at night. The dreams you have before waking, where often you wake with a jolt, those are astral projections.” Sun Dreamer said.


“Why did I wake feeling so wonderful this morning?”


“We took you to visit with your parents, and brother,” Amphyllis and Sun Dreamer said.


Deanna could feel them smiling as a warmth enveloped her. “Why did I stop remembering those dreams? And why were hands reaching out of the mist trying to grab hold of me, and drag me down?”


“That was our fault...your young soul took such pleasure in flying uninhibited, and we were so excited for you, that we didn't pay enough attention to where you were flying. You got too close to the lower astral plane. The beings there aren't good. It only happened the one time, but you became so frightened, you stopped remembering.” Amphyllis said.


“Do I go see my parents every time I astral project?”


“No, this was the first time we took you to visit them. You go to other realms of the astral plane.” Amphyllis replied.


“What are they like?”


“They are all different, some are barren, some inhabited.” said Sun Dreamer


“Will I remember them the next time?”


“We hope you have overcome your fear, and will be able to enjoy it with us again.” Amphyllis answered.


At eight o'clock Amphyllis, and Sun Dreamer, said good night. Deanna couldn't wait to fall asleep that night. She wanted to remember the experience of her spiritual soul flying free again.



© 2012 Wendy Seames Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
astral travel, nice twist.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely to astral travel and meet our loved ones. Like how you told the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2012
Last Updated on June 19, 2012
Tags: copyright WSG, psychic, flight, medium, astral plane, astral projection, spirits, spirit guides


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing