Little Suns on Earth

Little Suns on Earth

A Story by Stella

     "Shes doing it again" I said to myself. She was picking up that white thing and putting it in her mouth and smoking it. "Most you always smoke that?" I asked with a little bit of anger in my voice.
    
    "If you have a problem with it, you can leave the room." she said without even looking at me. She was in one of her moods where i was pretty sure i should leave for the day. As i was thinking about when i was going to go for the day to get the hell away from her i could see from the side of my eye that she was breathing in and smoke was coming out. I couldnt take it anymore so without saying a word i put my book down that i wasnt really reading, i was more just making myself look busy and got off the king size bed. "Where are you going?" She asking still not looking at me. She was looking at her nails on her hands.
   
    "You told me to leave if i didnt like the smoking so im leaving the house for the day. I can tell your not in the mood for me to be around you so im leaving." I went to walk out the door without saying another word when out of no where in a very low voice

    "Just make sure to come home before 9pm." she said still looking at her nails. "Im sorry" she looked up at me. I didnt want to say anything else so i just smiled at her and walked out the door. I walked across the big living room. I could see my cat walking towards the window. He was a black cat with nice green eyes. You could see those eyes even in the middle of the dark night shy. I picked up my shoes and put them one. Grabed my keys and left the house.

     I wasnt sure were i was going. There wasnt many place you could go in a small town like this. Plus i didnt have any money to buy any kind of fast food and chill out there. So i started walking down the road. A few cars went speeding passed me. It was the highway so i couldnt really see anyone in the cars. They went by to fast. But most likely i knew every person in all the cars. After the 5th car went passed i made up my mind to walk down to the lake just a few miles down the road.  It didnt hit me how hot it was out side till the sun was beating down on me. I really shouldnt have put on a black shrit today. The grass was so green in the fields. It made all the corn look like little mini suns on the ground. As i was walking closer to the lake with a smile on my face thinking about all the little suns on the earth. I could just start to see the water. It wasnt moving much but it was as blue as it ever was. From a far i could hear a girl singing. I wasnt sure if it was good or bad singing just singing was all i knew. As i walked passed the last little bit of trees I could see the whole beach now. What little sand there was before you hit the water.

   "Did you happen to hear me?" I heard from behind me. It was a sweet voice. None that ive hear in town before. I was sure i didnt no who this girl was. But by the sound of her voice i kind of wanted to no her better. I went to look at her but she was already moving in front of me. Her hair was a nice black. And when the sun hit it just right you could see a nice blue in it. Her skin was so white like she hadnt be out in the sun all summer. And her eyes were as blue was the water. Looking in to them felt like i was just looking at the lake. She couldnt have been anymore then 220lbs. 

    "I didnt mean to over hear you. I was just walking around." I could feel my face going red. I wasnt sure what was going on but i was going red. "im sorry" I said. Not to sure why.

   "Dont be sorry. I just wanted to know if you heard me." She said with a smile. It was so pretty my heart just wanted to melt. "I couldnt help myself. As soon as i saw the water i had to start singing. I just felt like i had to be apart of the water and the sand and even the sky if i could fly." she was dancing around as she was talking. Her hands in the air and her feet seemed to be flying everywhere. Her shoes kept picking up sand and sending it flying all over the place. I wasnt sure what to say to her. I had never met a girl like her before. I never really talked to girls in the first place. As i was about to open my mouth and tell her i felt the same way everytime i came here and i was going to tell her about the little mini suns of corn on the walk here. She was jumping in to the water and throwing her hands up in the air. She sat down in the water and just looked up at the sky. "Arnt you going to join me?" she asked without looking down from the sky.

   "Yeah i'll be right over." I was about to take off my shoes because i didnt want to get them wet "F**k it." i yelled and i jumped in the water beside her. I got her wet from head to toe. There was a big smile on my face and i couldnt remember the last time i smiled so much. My heart seemed so big and heavy in my body. I couldnt look away from her face. The smile on her face was so big it looked like it was going to fall off her face. "So are you staying with someone here in town or are you just stopping by and leaving soon?" i asked. She was playing with the sand under the water.

     "Im leaving in a few mins. I shouldnt even be here to start off with." She stopped playing with the sand and pulled her hands out of the water and put them on my face. "Thanks for coming in the water with me. And understand how i was feeling." She had a small little smile on her face. I could smell candy now. The candy smell was coming from her mouth. It smelled so sweet. As she moved in closer and put her lips on mine. I had never been kissed before so i didnt no what was good and what was bad but i knew this was a great kiss. She moved her lips away from mine. "Dont open your eyes." she said. I could hear the water around me moving and i could no longer feel her beside me. As i opened up my eyes to see where she was she was gone. I walked around the beach a little looking in the trees but she was no where to be found. I no people have summer loves that last all summer but my summer love was only a few mins and it was the best kiss i could have get.

    As i was walking home the sun was going down and the little suns on the earth were no longer there. The grass was a dark green colour. Only 3 cars passed me as i was walking down the highway. Before i walked in to the door of my house i was hoping the girl in the water would always remember me. Because i knew i would always remember her. 

© 2010 Stella


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is wonderfully hopeless. In a good way lol. It has pain that is beauty. And happiness that is loosing. I love it. Very truthful and a good story. Nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 22, 2010
Last Updated on August 24, 2010

Author

Stella
Stella

Winnipeg, Canada



About
ive been writing for years. Yes my spelling sucks.. but i feel spelling shouldnt mean anything.. its the meaning behind the writing.. as long as the writing makes you feel something thats all that mat.. more..

Writing