Dear 16 year old self

Dear 16 year old self

A Story by Stella

Dear 16 year old self,

                Your 16 years old. Your life is getting all odd and weird. There are so many things id like to tell you so you don’t get hurt and have to deal with all the pain ive had to. I want to save you from all the pain and all the heart break. I want to save you from meeting the wrong people who f**k you up and i want to help tell you where to go to meet the people who are going to change your life. There are so many things i wish i could tell you without having to mess everything else up.

                This year your going to meet a boy who’s going to change your life. Hes going to make you feel things you’ve never dreamed of feeling. Bad or good its all the same. I don’t want to tell you to stay away from him. Id like you to just be safe and do the things i never did. I want you to no when to walk away and learn when to stay strong and stay with that person. This boy is going to give you the gift of life. Hes going to help you make the most awesome little girl you’ll ever meet. Shes going to change everything in your life and shes going to give you a reason to eat and to get out of bed. This little person is going to make everything in your small little sad life 100% brighter.

                Your always going to meet a lot of people who are going to say a lot of things to you that aren’t going to be true. I wish you all the lucky in the world that you learn early on that you cant always believe what people tell you. And even if it makes you seem like a b***h testing them to see how far there going to go to stay in your life isn’t always a bad thing.

                I want you to no that no matter whats going on you need to love yourself. You need to look at yourself everyday and understand its okay to be you and not everyone is going to like you. I want you to understand that no matter how much your body might change your the same person on the inside. And anyone whos not going to like the inside if the outside changes doesn’t need a place in your life.

                You need to keep your family close to you. In the next few years there going to be the only people by your side. I don’t care if there blood or not. Family is family no matter how there family. You need to make sure they are as close to you as the skin on your back. You need to tell them how much you love them all the time and never be scared to fall back on them if you need some help.

                I love you.

Yours truly,

Your 21 year old self.

© 2012 Stella


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is lovely :) have you heard the pink song where she sings to her 13 year old self? its amazing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012
Tags: love family pain

Author

Stella
Stella

Winnipeg, Canada



About
ive been writing for years. Yes my spelling sucks.. but i feel spelling shouldnt mean anything.. its the meaning behind the writing.. as long as the writing makes you feel something thats all that mat.. more..

Writing