In the Morning

In the Morning

A Story by Morgan Renae

                The room seemed still. Soft gentle sunlight streamed through the large bay window. The soft comforter is entangled in your legs, your face buried softly into the large pillow. Birds gently chirped outside the window, awakening the world with their melodic songs. You gently reach over to the other side of the bed, but there’s nothing there. Your eyes gradually open, adjusting to the warm bright white light filing the room. Your hands slide smoothly across the sheets as you stretch out, legs straightening, toes curling, a gentle sigh escapes your lips. The room is still quiet and still. You reach over to the other pillow and pull it tightly to your chest, savoring its soft feel against your skin. Her smell lingered on its gentle fabric. With your face pressed tightly against it you inhaled deeply, heaven.

                You slowly rise, feet slipping gently from the covers onto the cold hardwood. Stretching once more and rubbing your eyes as the birds continue their song. Suddenly a smell of food enters the room. You quietly pad your way from the gentle stillness of the bedroom down the hall. Rounding the corner you stop. There she is. Clothed only in one of your over sized t-shirts that drowns the upper part of her body. She gracefully moves from one pan to another with the grace of a ballerina. Facing the stove her feet gently played on the floor. “Always a dancer,” you thought to yourself as you watched. The light caught her hair ablaze with color, browns, reds, blondes, she almost too perfectly stood there, angelic. She was an angel, your angel.

© 2014 Morgan Renae


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: love, morning, second person, short, quiet, still, gentle, love story