If only I had the right kind of heart

If only I had the right kind of heart

A Poem by watch_the_world

I don’t think

You

realize how much

you mean to me.

 

You always say how

you don’t

Deserve

better,

You are every bit deserving.

 

I can’t even put into

words how

Much

brighter my life has become

with you around.

 

I honestly don’t know

how my life could get any

Better

You’re all I need,

All I want.

 

I want to be all I can for you.

I crave your smile more

Than

anything,

in the whole entire universe.

 

I don’t want to lose you.

I don’t want what

Me

and you have to go to waste,

to add your name to the long list of failed relationships.

 

I’ve been hurt repeatedly, violently and cruelly,

There’s not much left of my heart.

But I want you to have it,

I trust you to take care of it.

 

If only I had a heart to love you with

© 2011 watch_the_world


Author's Note

watch_the_world
comments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This reminds me of a story of my friend. He fell in love with a girl who's really wounded --really compeletely wrecked. The girl is also so in love with my friend.
He talked to the girl and the girl said "Take my heart, take my love, it may not be perfect, it may not be the best love, it may not be complete, it is broken, but this is the only heart I have --the best I can give. Take it, it's for free."

I really love a poem with simple words. Straightforward words. Pure Words. I see the truth in your words. And it's all that matters. :)

It's not the heart that loves by the way, it's the person who owns the heart. It's not the heart that is broken, it's the person who's owning it. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is so creative and I love the whole idea about how it says happy feelings, but yet the words together show a more saddened side. Brilliant piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I R&R'd another poem of yours written in the same style, but it was better than this, imo. This one feels a little too plain for me...no imagery, metaphor, or anything like that. If you wrote these same words out normally onto a sheet of paper, it would look like an ordinary diary entry.

Maybe minimalism was what you were going for intentionally, but I would say that you should try and make your poems stand out in other ways than just relying on the cool, but hackneyed split structure thing. Maybe try using your other skills more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


beautifully written

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometime heart can hide and wait for the right person to re-open the door to love. I like the story and the strong description of lost and fear. A strong ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVE THE STYLE THIS IS WRITTEN IN. IT'S SO HEARTFELT. SAD AND HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME. IT MAKES ME THINK. LOVED IT!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a romantic you are... very, very sweet

Really enjoyed it!
Antonio

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was amazing and the words aside are great and very creative ..
i loved this a lot :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a delight to read this, to see the deliberation that went into exposing the similarity between the two can't-be lovers. The side matter mirrors the speaker's feelings about herself, even as she protests those same feelings in her beloved. A brilliant move! And the last line is so powerfully evocative, it almost makes you want to hug the speaker and reassure her that she still has a heart...she just needs trust.

Excellent!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
I really enjoyed this write, format and all. Wonderful write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love your way of looking at things.. and i love your design that has a whole new poem on the side of words taken away. Greatttt job. Really.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

712 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2011
Last Updated on August 18, 2011

Author

watch_the_world
watch_the_world

France



About
Hi my name is Rhylen. A lot of my writing is from when I was really young (like 14) aha so SORRY IF IT SUCKS :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..