Dreamers

Dreamers

A Poem by Paidyn

In no way am I perfect. I am a poet. Therein lies my largest fault, for as such, I am a dreamer. Have you ever had a dream so intensely beautiful that when awoken you found your face drenched in tears? The next day you may have been so consumed in recalling every scrap of memory that you forgot to live, and you yearned with every particle of your soul for sleep, if only to brush against the blissful fibers of the night-time thoughts of a subconscious mind. Then, with every passing day it slowly fades as a lonely voice into malicious fog, and the fainter it grows, the more insistently rebellious becomes the voice of hopes and wishes. But dreams aren't life. In dreams, the dead speak back. In dreams he loves you, and in dreams a kiss is always cold, warm, sweet, and demanding all at once. But in the end, God must wake us, cruel as never having dreamed at all. He won't let us live into our own measly scrap of mindly Heaven, He'd rather we wake and work towards the real thing. But the tears, oh the tears. When life seems a muddy mucky swamp, the seas of salt then come. When you thought he loved you, but in the end it was another he was heartsick for, then the floods come. When you remember the dream, tears come. You wallow in the sadness and stop living. But dreams aren't real. They are the flirtings of an empty mind with creativity. It isn't life.  I live in these dreams, therefore, I do not live life. There is always a tiny insistent voice in the back, changing life in my eyes and creating new endings. So now I must put down this sheet, start living, and open my eyes to life.

© 2011 Paidyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"In no way am I perfect. I am a poet. Therein lies my largest fault..." this is one of the greatest beginnings I've yet read. So much of the sad realities within our lives lie in our abilities to imagine a better situation, if we lacked that ability, we wouldn't know sadness. The middle line about God waking us is brilliant, for what else could dreams be God and the Devil showing us the greatest Heaven and the darkest Hell - it is the subtlest form of motivation for we create it ourselves. Really well done Paidyn. I look foreward to reading more of your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2011
Last Updated on April 10, 2011

Author

Paidyn
Paidyn

PA



Writing
Rescue Rescue

A Poem by Paidyn


Oasis Oasis

A Poem by Paidyn


Summers Past Summers Past

A Poem by Paidyn