The Depths Of the Sea

The Depths Of the Sea

A Poem by Talia
"

Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like to sit at the bottom of the sea.

"

Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like to sit at the bottom of the sea. 


In the very deepest ravine, forever untouched by the light of the sun, I would lay myself. A place utterly foreign to the touch of mankind, save the ancient bones of long-shipwrecked sailors, their former bodies eroded by the cruel water. Unimaginable creatures, ones who have never known the light and land, only the all-consuming darkness and the scent of their prey, would glide past me.  It would be cold, too cold for any human to survive, but I would not feel it. Every part of my body would be surrounded by the water, and it would fill my mouth and throat and lungs, but I would not drown. I would not fear, but know the water as part of myself. 


I would sit for centuries, until everyone I ever knew was dead, along with their ancestors, until my name has been uttered for the last time and the world has forgotten me. Then, finally, the sea would claim me as its own, as my body turns to stone and my bones are covered in algae. 


The sea has been here since far before we were, and will be here for long after, its eternal depths unaffected by the follies of land. 

© 2021 Talia


Author's Note

Talia
open to feedback

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This makes me think of someone searching for peace in their life. A place of tranquility where the soul is renewed. I look forward to reading more from you.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Talia

2 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Added on July 27, 2021
Last Updated on July 27, 2021
Tags: poetry, ocean, sea

Author

Talia
Talia

About
just doing a bit of writing. more..