1. Stan

1. Stan

A Chapter by Wathanya.5KY3

Saturday

Ding-dong!

The front door was answered by a lady in her forties.

“Good afternoon, ma’am. Here’s your pizza.” I sported a smile and handed her the ordered double cheese pizza.

“Ah, right. Thanks. How much is it? Never mind, here, take the money and the change. I’ve got no time.” She slammed the door.

I think I heard something about ordering pizza without permission. Poor child.

Money: Count/Keep

Whew, at least I got tipped.

Motorbike: Ride/Sit on/Cancel

Ride to: Domino’s pizza (work)/Home/Wander around/Cancel

I was welcomed back to work by Andy, my boyfriend.

I’m not supposed to date with anyone in the workplace, but as long as we both keep our professionalism, we’ll be fine. I don’t even know why they have this no-dating rule. I suppose it’s because most couples would do *ahem* non-professional stuff while working. Well, Andy and I are like buddies here. We’ll be fine.

“Did you give the pizza to an obese teen?”

Andy: Truth/Lie/Ignore

“Nah, it was a lady in her forties. She simply took the pizza, gave me the money, and slammed the door at my face. I guess it’s her son that ordered the pizza.”

“Well s**t! He’s been secretly ordering pizza for three months because his mom won’t allow him to eat pizza if he doesn’t get at least a B at school. Can you believe that? He’s gonna get smacked today.” His laughter filled the kitchen.

Andy: Laugh along/Ask/Ignore

“How did you know that?”

“He told me himself. I think it was a few weeks ago when he saw me for the hundredth time. I simply told him to do his best, and we kinda became pizza buddies.”

“Stop chatting and get back to work. Pizzas aren’t going to deliver themselves! Andy, get back to making those bloody pizzas. Stan, deliver these pizzas and refuel the bike if you can,” the manager, Dan, said as he came out of the storage room.

Dan: Obey/Disobey/Ignore

Well, two more hours on the clock!

 

When I returned from my last delivery, it was exactly the end of my shift.

I don’t hate this job or anything, but I think Dan is overworking me. Andy was also hired to deliver pizzas, but somehow he gets to make pizzas. I want to make pizza too, you know.

“Stan! I’m making mutton steak tonight. Wanna join me? We don’t have work tomorrow anyway.”

Andy: Accept/Refuse/Ignore

“Sure! I’ll get some wine on the way.”

I don’t usually drink, but mutton is my favorite kind of meat. Wine also makes it more elegant and enjoyable.

 

I entered a small wine store near my house. The breeze from the air-conditioner revived me from the deadly heat outside.

People should start caring about the environment.

Alcohol: Beer/Wine/Whiskey

Wine: Red/White

As I was choosing from a selection of red wine bottles, a tall gentleman walked over to me.

“Good evening, sir. My name is Chad. I am a wine enthusiast and the manager of this store. I see that you are unsure of which wine to buy. Can I help you?” He spoke with a Southern accent.

Chad: Ask for advice/Chase away/Ignore

“Umm, sure. I wanna have some wine with mutton steak.”

“I see. If your mutton is going to be lean mutton, which is sold commonly, I suggest you try them with Malbec, Syrah, or Petit Verdot.”

I have absolutely no idea how these wines taste.

Buy: Malbec/Syrah/Petit Verdot

“I’ll take the Malbec, please.”

“Certainly, sir. Follow me please.” He pulled an expensive looking bottle of wine out of the shelf.

I followed him to a polished marble counter, palms sweating, because I wasn’t carrying much cash.

“That would be 10.5 randos.” *1 rando(m currency) = 1 USD

Chad: Pay/Refuse/Ask/Negotiate

“Umm… Is there a smaller bottle or anything like that? There’s only the two of us, so we probably won’t be drinking that whole bottle.”

“Indeed, sir. Please wait for a few moments.” He went back to the racks.

Chad: Wait/Escape

Returning with a smaller bottle, he said, “That would be 7.4 randos. Would you like a condom as well?”

I’m kind of glad we live in a place where people casually ask if you would like a condom. It’s like we accepted that sex isn’t a bad thing. I heard that in some places, people actually stop you or just give stares that will stop you from buying condoms.

Chad: Accept/Refuse

“Yes, please.”

I live with Andy. Our parents are cool about that too. The only requirement is that we use condoms. I don’t know if that’s a joke or not, but until we can afford that ring, I’ll never forget to use condoms. Andy doesn't want anyone at our workplace to know that we live together, so he occasionally "invites" me to "his place".

“That would be 8.2 randos.”

Chad: Pay/Refuse/Ask/Negotiate

“Can I get, like, a special price? You kinda made me curious about wine, and I wanna have, like, you know, my guy about wine.”

“Hmm… I’ll count that as a welcoming present to the wine club.” He winked and started pressing buttons on his screen. “Still, that’s a bit too bad for me that you already have someone to use that condom with. That would be 7.5 randos.”

Chad: Just Pay/Pay and ask for number/Walk away

“Thank you very much. I hope you enjoy your wine.”




© 2019 Wathanya.5KY3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Being an old guy as I am, it took a bit of getting used to the menu you use after each opportunity for action, but (thinking back to when those old fogies criticized my bell bottoms) I'm starting to rather like it.
The bit about the condoms made me laugh. You've got a very good sense of humor.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samuel Dickens

4 Years Ago

If you feel the urge to continue this, I think it would be a worthy venture.
Wathanya.5KY3

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the encouragement. I will definitely think about it. And if I decide to continue, I'd hav.. read more
Samuel Dickens

4 Years Ago

That's only normal. I often re-edit my stuff.



Reviews

Being an old guy as I am, it took a bit of getting used to the menu you use after each opportunity for action, but (thinking back to when those old fogies criticized my bell bottoms) I'm starting to rather like it.
The bit about the condoms made me laugh. You've got a very good sense of humor.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samuel Dickens

4 Years Ago

If you feel the urge to continue this, I think it would be a worthy venture.
Wathanya.5KY3

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the encouragement. I will definitely think about it. And if I decide to continue, I'd hav.. read more
Samuel Dickens

4 Years Ago

That's only normal. I often re-edit my stuff.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 29, 2017
Last Updated on August 14, 2019


Author

Wathanya.5KY3
Wathanya.5KY3

Nagoya, Aichi, Japan



About
I’ve been frustrated by the lack of representation of minorities in literature. Not that there are none—because there are—but I want people to have the option to read ones that are n.. more..

Writing
Waves Waves

A Story by Wathanya.5KY3


Papa Papa

A Story by Wathanya.5KY3