The Jungle Life

The Jungle Life

A Story by The Morbid The Merrier
"

Ah, the life of teens in high-school. Woe is me.

"
Arrogant. Beautiful. Obnoxious. Ignorant.
The characteristics that describes the "perfect" person. The person who has been graced with the title "popular".
These people, they stand, all around me. Should I even give them the satisfaction, the pleasure, of calling them people? 
No, I shouldn't. If anything, it's more like animals. Savage, rampant, idiotic animals. Not docile, not intelligent, they are not even capable of remembering something as trivial as a name. Believing everything is theirs, knowing no meaning of work, they know no boundaries. Things come easy for them.
They are predators, while we, are their prey.
My group scours, continuously looking for a place in which we can be at peace. It is not to look for acceptance from them, or wanting to be part of them, but be in a place where the predators are not there, ready to pounce, and go for the kill or prowl about, eyeing us, determining which shall be their next victim to their ruthless abuse in order to keep themselves entertained and amused. We are used, played with and left to die.
The majority of our behaviour is animalistic and the way life here is organized can be simply put like a food chain.
They, the mostly preferred and fit to be, are at the top; popular. While we are at the bottom; outcasted and rejected.
This is where [at the bottom] survival is mandatory and difficult. Everyday is a constant battle in which we must fight and give our all, and if not, downfall.
The teachers, all of them, are just lookers, observers, hunters, unbeknownst on what really happens deep within the lush, evergreen. 
The predators hunt. They kill. We try to survive, we strive.
Welcome to the jungle,
we hope you can make it.

© 2010 The Morbid The Merrier


Author's Note

The Morbid The Merrier
Yes, I have been experimenting/dwelling on teenage life these past few writes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jae
love it!!!! it is so true and i just adore how you put the entire time of highschool in the jungle setting!
LOVE!!!

~Rem

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good, Susie. Deep. I'm sorry if I suck at reviewing and s**t, BUT I STILL LIKED IT. ;o;

It's good. I have a thing for deep s**t. So. This is deep. I likes. ;D And it's written well. *nodnod* C:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

548 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 9, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010
Tags: highschool, drama, behavior, teen, social status

Author

The Morbid The Merrier
The Morbid The Merrier

San Juan, Puerto Rico



About
This part "About Me" is indeed quite empty. I don't want to put info up here because I don't want you to pay attention to me, or like me, but my writing. Create a playlist at MixPod.com more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..