Liturgy of a Spartans “bowl”

Liturgy of a Spartans “bowl”

A Poem by Mountain Bear
"

Reactions to a magnificent display of modern...manhood.

"

Tungsten evoked kinetic energy washed across the convocation of aspiration and broken dreams.  Emotionally charged rays polarized by a global evocation of mirrored neurons pulsing, contracting, jumping, shouting, gyrating, in uninhibited dance alternating incoherently between tragedy and triumph. The warrior millionaires present their bannered colors with prescribed floridity.  The incantation of the media shaman commences.  “He Fumbles …He Passes …He Runs…He Kicks…He Scores!”    The incoherent responsal both deafening and awe-inspiring ensues…and HE cries, “Loss! …Innocence, clarity, justice, simplicity, purity…loss!”  The wonder of SPEACTACLE! ...  Bright, explosive, frenetic,… voluntas seputus!  The convergence of media, technology, humanity, art, music, capitalism, and corruption.  Now it comes: The miracle of metarrhythmisis: The Eucharist of modern Sparta, “TOUCHDOWN!”

© 2010 Mountain Bear


Author's Note

Mountain Bear
Are we more likely to whisper in churches or banks? Do we invest ourselves in religious traditions or sports? Who are we trying to fool? God? Or ourselves?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
Added on February 8, 2010
Last Updated on February 8, 2010
Tags: Sparta, Football, Media, Superbowl, Sport

Author

Mountain Bear
Mountain Bear

Pine Mountain Club, CA



About
Thunderous fury, contagious laughter, another cloistered mammal swimming desperately away from an abyss of despair, impaled by generations of deeply grooved guilt and shame, inhaling exuberant optimis.. more..

Writing
Cycle Cycle

A Poem by Mountain Bear