Better Left forgotten

Better Left forgotten

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

spider, spider-

"

Better Left forgotten (649 words)  

 

     Santavaloria, known as the City of Jewels, a once mighty and glorious metropolis, was now nothing more than a refuge for vagabonds, snakes, rats, cockroaches and other buggy, reptilian, and half-starved human abominations.  It now laid in ruins, crumpled and decayed--- a desolate wasteland. Only the foolhardy and fanatical minded would dare to wander amongst its rotted carnage to search out its hidden secrets.

 

“Caption, Caption, the jeweled city lies before us. What are your orders? Should we enter its rotted gates or make camp for the night?”

 

     Zacceris Zaboris, Caption of the 5th battalion of the Rooter Legion of Righteousness, a select group made up of warrior priests, was flushed to the reds in religious fervor as their journeys end approached. Standing before him was the once great metropolis and capitol city of the Spider Queens Domain. He needed to gather his wits about him before crossing its borders.  Only the unsullied and pure of heart can enter that city without going mad. He needed everyone calm and rested before entering that accursed city.

 

“We’ll make camp for the night, sub-commander. At first light we’ll enter unto this inglorious city.”

 

     The 5th battalion was never seen or heard from again…until…

 

 

“I think I remember how to do this, it’s been such a long time, ages if I recall when I last did this particular summoning ritual. No matter what happens do not break the circle. If you do, all hell would break loose and I mean that literally.” Said; Priscilla Morningsun a noted spiritualist and high priestess of the Star Covenant.

 

     We did as she asked and held on to each other tight. We vowed that the circle would remain intact no matter what appeared within it.  We were all quivering with excitement as we heard the sing-song chanting summoning the legendary warrior priest, Zacceris Zaboris, within the circle. He, along with his entire battalion, disappeared over a thousand years ago in search for the fabled city of Santavaloria. Now at last we’ll be able to find out what type of fate befell him as well as the location of the city itself. History was about to be rewritten.

 

     Storm clouds appeared as thunder and lightning erupted above our circle meet. A dark shape clad in sword and helmet appeared within the circle. He stared hard into each and every one of our faces and said:


“Do you know what you have done? Your curiosity has killed us and maybe the world as well. Your summoning has weakened our energy; we can no longer hold heR off, The Beast Awakes.”

 

     He flickered in and out and melted right before our eyes. We were terrified and pleaded with Priscilla to break off the summoning but like us; she too was transfixed in place and unable to undo what she wrought.  As the last vestiges of the warrior priest faded away a beautiful and seductive women appeared in his place. heR smile lit up the skies and heR voice beguiled us. shE said:

 

“I am Yukilamia. I’m most grateful for your intervention. Now, do I look like some monstrous beast to you? I come to save the world not destroy it. Those stories you heard about mE are nothing but lies and exaggerations made by fanatics and zealots. Undo the circle so that I may free the world and reward you with riches beyond your imaginings. I will make you my chosen ones; you will sit on mY left side. “

 

     We broke the circle and waited for our spiritual and physical rewards. It was not to be. shE came upon us like a wolf and as we stared in those sin-infested pupils, we saw itzy bitsy spiders swimming within the whites of heR  demonic eyes. shE laughed and licked heR lips as shE started to devour us one by one…

 

     itsy bitsy spiders climbing up the walls…

 

 

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on July 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 3, 2016
Tags: mini shorts of all sorts-

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing