Rule and Reason 343 (A Covenant Broken)

Rule and Reason 343 (A Covenant Broken)

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

I died for your sins

"

Rule and Reason 343 (A Covenant Broken)

 

Preface

 

     The bodies kept piling up. The smell of decaying flesh was suffocating to those that were still able to breathe. The battle was an unending nightmare that refused to fade away. Death was more a friend than enemy. Those few who still hung on to life, dreamed for an end to their suffering and pain. They longed for the welcome embrace of oblivion. Any hope of victory or impending rescue, turned to hopelessness upon hearing the news that the invasion force that they were a part of, was totally destroyed. Only misery and despair thrived and prospered amongst the ruins of Armageddon.

 

......

 

i

 

     Jesus wept, as he viewed the battlefield. Millions upon millions of the faithful were either dead or deserted to the enemy. The few million that remained were barely hanging on. He was beside himself. He waited thousands of years for this moment, only to see it come to this crushing and humiliating end. He was so sure of victory. It was preordained that the light would defeat the darkness, and a new golden age would begin. Was his sacrifice on the cross for nothing? Was he not the favorite son? Did his Father lie to him?

Where was his Father!

 

     He was swept out of his reverie by the Archangel Michael, Lord Commander of his armies. He came before him, gave a overly exaggerated bow and said,

 

“My brother Lucifer is at the gates. He demands our unconditional surrender. He’ll give your followers’ quarter if you accede to his demand, if not, all will be put to the sword.”

 

Jesus was alarmed at Michael’s tone and curious manner. He stated,

 

“Are we not all Sons of our Father? Since when, are they now my followers, and not ours?”

 

Michael smiled and replied,

 

“I, and my angelic brothers and sisters that sided with our Father rather than Lucifer in the rebellion, felt the same way about Man as he did. They are petty creatures with few redeeming qualities. Our Father chose to favor Man over us, when He and Mother Spirit sired you. You are a Son of Man, as well as our younger brother and favored Son. We have followed you, as Father commanded. But we never considered Man as part of the natural order; they belong to you, not us.” 

 

     Jesus was stunned; he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He now knew why the barbarians were at the gate. A half hearted effort or outright treachery from his Father’s angels assured Lucifer’s victory.

 

Jesus looked his brother eye to eye and shouted,

 

“Where’s Father? What have you done with Him? How could you turn your back on the light?  Our Father, who is the Lord God and creator of the Universe, stated in rule and reason 343, that God’s Angels shall be caretaker and subordinate to Man, for Man’s soul is sacrosanct.”   

 

“343 should never have been and will never again be,” said the Archangel Michael as he grabbed Jesus and knocked him unconscious.

 

.......

 

ii

 

     The Age of Darkness for Man was at hand. Those few that remained were now the slaves and playthings of demons and angels. Lucifer took over the throne of Heaven with great fanfare; Michael was at his right hand and Uriel at his left. All those souls who resided in heaven were cast into hell. Birth, death and reincarnation still continued on earth, but those born of human stock were raised as chattel slaves and sex toys. The golden Age of Angels had begun...

 

......

 

Prologue

 

“How could you have let this happen?” Jesus said to God.

 

“Do not question my judgment, my Son. Rule and Reason 343 needs to be adjusted. Man needs a little angelic fire up his a*s. In a few millennia we’ll make our move and free Man from his bondage. In the meantime let’s relax and enjoy a good game of chess...”

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016
Tags: mini shorts of all sorts-

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing