The Dark Passenger

The Dark Passenger

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

A little bit of death

"

The Dark Passenger

 

 

     As I was on the bus to nowhere going to who knows where, I took notice of a passenger in the back of the bus. He was covered from head to toe in a cowl and a long flowing robe. A large scythe lay on the seat beside him. It took me a moment before I realized that Death was just a short distance away. With a wave of His skeletal hands, He invited me to the back of the bus for a chat. With a slight bit of trepidation, I walked down the aisle to the back of the bus and sat beside Death.

 

     With those dead eyes and a sloppy grin he said, “Don’t worry my friend I’m not here for you, it’s not yet your time. I, like you, was banished from the great city of Cransfordalane by the powerful Sorceress and Psychic, Jesilina Josephina Melodious. She has decided to put the City in the State off Stasis. By stopping forward movement and entropy the City Prompts will be neither nowhere in the stuff of nothingness or somewhere in the present or future, but locked only in the past..

 

I nodded sadly and said, “What are we to do”

 

Death smiled and said, ‘Wait, our job is to wait until her mood changes: that’s all we can do.”

 

“What if it doesn’t change?”

 

“Then you and I will be on this bus to nowhere forever” said death with a very deathlike laugh…

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016
Tags: mini shorts of all sorts-

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing