Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!!

Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!!

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

don't look under the bed

"

Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!!! (700 words) 

 

     The small town was cloaked in a darkness of its own making. The torrid heat was a suffocating prelude of things to come. Feral children, abandoned by their parents for having the audacity to escape the claws and jaws of drooling monsters, lived in the tunnels and sewers of the decaying town, plotting their revenge. Missing children went unnoticed. More fuss was made over a runaway dog that that of a beloved child.

 

     Little Adrian wet the bed as he called out to his Mommy. He was scared. Something was different tonight. His heart was flittering and fluttering like the frenzied beats of a humming bird.

 

“What is it my little darling that’s got you in such a tizzy,” asked his mommy.

 

“I think there is a monster under my bed, can I go sleep with you,” pleaded little Adrian. “I’m so afraid,”  

 

“Um, ah, don’t be afraid, there is no such thing as monsters, besides you’re too big to sleep with your mommy and daddy. I’ll be back to get you some clean sheets, just remember that I love you”.

 

His mommy gave him a strange look as she was leaving the room. He heard the door lock click and a scraping sound. He also heard breathing under his bed.

 

“Mommy, Mommy, don’t let the monster eat me.” 

 

     The b***h shut the door and blocked it from the outside, just as she was instructed. It could never understand how a mother or a father could let their child go through an agonizing death in order to live a few years of the good life. These weak-willed mortals were a disgrace to humanity and deserved all the suffering and agony they were to receive once their contract was fulfilled.

 

     Belzabub Bloodrock was a mid-level demon charged with monster duty. It was grateful for the assignment, for it loved the taste of child-meat. It enjoyed seeing the fear and terror on the innocent child’s face, just before devouring it. But it also felt comforted by the fact that that child’s soul went immediately to heaven at the moment of death. Demons weren’t heartless monsters, no matter what those bible thumpers said. Their job was to administer fear, murder, mayhem, torture, punishment, and a slew of other hellish things to those who sold their souls to the Devil and Her Minions. Of course the children were collateral damage but they were compensated with immediate passage to the eternal bliss of heaven.

 

     The whole town was under the “Devils Terms and Conditions”. Each had their own unique contracts. Part of Adele’s and Jonathan’s contract aside from a life of forty years of luxury, good health and non-aging was that they were also able to forget sacrificing their boy-child, and all the children that they spawned, to the monsters jaws. Only when the child mentioned that there was a monster under the bed or in the closet did their full memory return. This was mandatory as they needed to lock the child in their room so he could not escape, and make sure that they were pregnant with another child.

 

     It was in these few hours when the parents truly realized what they did. Their grief and shame was so palatable that is was delicious. They begged and pleaded for God to intercede and break the devils contract. Little did they know that the devil worked for God. They were also made aware what was in store for them once the contract ended. Belzabub loved showing them what their eternal future would look like. They wailed and cried like babies.

 

     But Alas! Belzabub had to cloak them once again in forgetfulness, as stated in the contract, so that they could then enjoy their frivolous and meaningless lives.

 

     Belzabub heard little Adrian whimper in fear. It tried the calm the little one down by telling him it will soon be over, that he will soon float in the seas of heaven. Fear gave the flesh a sour taste, as well as giving it an upset stomach. It sang the child a little lullaby as it ripped out his throat.  It lifted the body, covered it with its wings and slid back to hell to finish its meal. It burped its satisfaction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on July 5, 2016
Last Updated on July 5, 2016
Tags: mini shorts of all sorts-

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing