Buggerbites

Buggerbites

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

monster dolls

"

Buggerbites (650 words)

                         

     A long, long, time ago in a land long forgotten, there lived a race of tiny little people, who lived in a tiny little kingdom hidden deep in the forest green.

 

     Now when I say tiny I truly mean tiny.  They were no taller than a baby mouse standing on its hind legs. Many a young man or women who ventured out of their forest kingdom alone and in search of adventure never found their way home again. They were either accidently, or not so accidentally, stepped on and crushed to death by the big folk or dressed up as dolls and used as living toys for their children to play with. Being tiny and alone was a recipe for disaster.   

 

     One would think that a people who were insignificant in stature and power amongst the many kingdoms that dotted the land, would be docile and accommodating to those who were bigger and more intimidating. But alas, this was not the case, as they were a vicious and ferocious people with nothing but hate in their hearts for those that were stronger and bigger than them.

 

     Their tiny teeth were fanged and deadly and their nails were razor sharp. They were agile, strong and fast and had a voracious appetite. They were deadly hunters. They were like locusts, a deadly swarm. They hunted in large packs and rarely came away without their prize. Unfortunately their prize was us. By us, I mean normal sized humans. Those tiny little mouse midgets hunted us for our skin, meat, bones, hair and any other part you can imagine. Among other things we were their main food supply.

 

     Any who entered the forest knew of the dangers they faced. Those that traveled alone were rarely heard from again. The Buggerbites became feared throughout the Nine Kingdoms and many small and mid-range military contingents were sent in to rid the world of these tiny little monstrosities. They could never find the tiny kingdom tucked away deep in the forest. Many became lost and disoriented in the wood by the magics of the Buggerbites. Many never returned to their homes. After a while the Nine Kingdoms made the forest a Forbidden Zone. All who entered did so at their own peril.

 

     The Buggerbites preferred to capture their prey rather than kill them on the spot. They set up breeding farms, slaughter houses and butcher shops catering to their particular needs.  One normal was enough meat for over five hundred of the buggers. They utilized every aspect of the body.

 

     They used the bones to make weapons, tools, and support beams for their homes and other various structures. Human hair was used as rope and thatch for their roofs. The blood that they drained from the carcasses as well as the living was distilled into a wine. Human guts were processed into a form of cat gut that supplied many of their musical instruments that needed strings. Their milk was supplied by the pregnant and lactating women they bred on their farms.

 

     The babies that were produced by these breeders went through a painstaking selection process.  Some went directly to the slaughter house and on to the butcher shops to be cut and sold as a delicacy, while others were bred to adulthood. The breeding farms were also a rich source of hair supplied by the stud males.

 

     They thrived and survived for thousands of years depriving the Nine Kingdoms of any natural resources the forest had to offer. Then one day a powerful mage offered the kingdoms a final solution. They agreed to his terms. For the purpose of this accounting they need not be known.

 

     With the wave of my, I mean his, staff millions upon millions of Buggerbites went up in flames. The forest still retained many of the Buggerbites’ magics and thus remained enchanted but buggerbite free.

 

     Only the living toys survived...

 

 

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016
Tags: short stories

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing