On a River to Nowhere

On a River to Nowhere

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

A real nowhere man...

"

On a River to Nowhere (a continuing saga)

 

“End of the line. Everybody out!” said the bus driver to nowhere.

 

     Being that it was only me and Death on the bus, I guess he meant that announcement for us. I didn’t see no city or anything, just a river with a broken down bridge that led to nowhere.

 

I said, “Hey buddy! why are you dropping us in the middle of nowhere by a river with a bridge in disrepair. I assumed you were driving us to the city of Nowhere; not some polluted river with a bridge ready to turn to dust as soon as someone steps on it.”

 

“Calm down Mr Claudius, that hostile tone will get you nowhere. I guess you just have to swim across, or maybe have Death fly you over. This river runs a thousand miles long, I don’t have the time or the fuel to take you around.   Now get your asses up and get out of my bus.”  

 

Death finally chimed in and said, “First off, I don’t fly, I teleport. I appear at places where death most needs me. My teleporting does not work when death or dying is not involved.  Secondly, I demand you take us back to Cransford rather than you leaving us stranded here. I’m a pretty important entity in the scheme of things. People need to die, or they’ll just rot and turn into zombies.”

 

“Now, Now, Lord Death, I’m sure both of you will find a way to cross that river. I have orders from the Fates, a higher authority than yourself, or the Sorceress, Jesilina Josephina Melodious, to get you to the city of Nowhere, or in its vicinity. Well we are in its vicinity. Now please, step off the bus.”

 

Death and I stared at each other, shrugged and got off the bus. As we watched the bus leave I said to Death, “What do we do now.”

 

“Get on my back; we’ll have to float over. I can make myself a little lighter than air. I just hate getting wet; it makes my cowl shrink...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

RC

08-22-2016

©2016 Robert F. Callaci. All rights reserved.



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


Author's Note

Robert Francis Callaci
a fun little piece, a continuing saga concerning Death and Rupert Franklin Claudius.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on August 22, 2016
Last Updated on August 22, 2016
Tags: short stories, story

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing