Dragons' Bane

Dragons' Bane

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

Dragons and the Christmaslands

"

Dragons’ Bane

 

Balefire’s wings flipped and flapped against the winds currents as he flew to meet his brothers at the prescribed rendezvous.  He was bursting at the seams with excitement for the news he carried was of monumental importance. He eyed his brothers and quickly steadied his massive wings and glided to the mountain cleft where they made camp. He found them feasting on a small herd of mountain goats. He swooped down, partook of a goat or two, gave one big belch and addressed his brothers. He said,

 

“Humanagor, Faustabrow, gather round, I have important news to impart. The Dragonslayer, Salina Blackfeather, the Pirate Witch, has left the Christmas lands. Only that fat elf, Santa Claus, his comely wife, and their little army of pixie elves, is all that’s left to guard those lands. It’ll be easy pickings for our dragon armies to retake what was once ours with only elfin magic to contend with. Let’s fly to Dragonmount posthaste and report our findings.”

 

“Now, Now, my dear Balefire let’s not be hasty,” said Humanagor, “We need to be certain that the Dragonslayer is gone for good. As I recall this is the night of their ‘Annual Eve Celebration’.  Let’s go there and act as ambassadors of the Dragon Nation and ask to join the celebration while we discuss our mutual interests. That way, we can than look around and ask questions about the whereabouts of the Dragonslayer.”

 

“They’ll never buy that,” said Faustabrow, “We’ve been their sworn enemy for ages; why would they trust us? We should come as bitter foes. Let’s crash the party and say we’re there to steal it. If they don’t let us have it, we then threaten to eat them. This way if the Dragonslayer is around she’ll show herself, if not, we’ll than have a little feast and fly back to Dragonmount with the good news that the Christmas lands are ours for the taking.“

 

“That sounds like an excellent plan,” Bellowed Humanagor and Balefire in unison, “Let’s take wing to the Christmas Nation!”

 

..........

 

Three large vicious looking Dragons swooped down from the skies, crashed through the roof, landing on the dance floor. In the process they swept aside twenty singing elves off the floor and into the snow.

 

The largest of the three bowed slightly and said,

 

“My name is Humanagor, I and my two fellows are ambassadors of the Dragon Nation, Dragonmount. We need to speak to your leader as we have important matters to discuss.”

 

Mrs. Claus came forward and declared herself as one of the co- leaders of Christmasland. Santa was still snoring away under the cookie table oblivious to what was taking place.

 

“I’m the leader,” said Mrs. Claus, “State your business and kindly be gone or face the consequences.”

 

“My, OH, My, no need to be curt, we were just passing by and noticed you were having a party. We’ve decided to let you keep your lives if you’ll let us smash all the toys in the workshop and steal all the party trappings. If not, we’ll eat those twenty elves that are still lying in the snow.”

 

“You Dragons’, and your threats, are not welcome here. If you don’t leave soon, I’ll make Dragon Scale Coats out of all three of you,” said Mrs. Claus.

 

The dragons laughed and Humanagor said, “Your elf magic is no match for ours, and since you’re being so unpleasant you’ll be the first one we’ll eat.”

 

“I’ll not be using elf magic since I’m not an elf. Come closer Humanagor and let me show you my true form, for your eyes only, as it scares the reindeer and the little younglings.”

 

Humanagor saw her change to the seven foot red-haired pirate witch that made over a thousand dragon scale coats from their skins. She was the Dragonslayer.”

 

He gulped took a deep breath and said, “How about we join you in a quick drink and then be on our merry way.” Balefire made an angry noise but got a swift swipe from Humanagor’s tale. After the drink they hurriedly flew away.

 

Santa woke from his stupor and said, “What did I miss? Is the party over? More Brady Snaps please!

 

 

 

 

The End

 

 

 

 

RC

12-21-2016

©Robert F. Callaci All Rights Reserved.

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016
Tags: short stories, flash fiction

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing