When Gaia Sings

When Gaia Sings

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

a Creation myth

"

When Gaia Sings 

 

Chaos reigned supreme over most of the Universe. All was in flux!  Billions upon billions of stars went supernova, galaxies were sucked into massive black holes, worlds collided; moons turned to chunks of flying rock and asteroids sped through space searching for planets to plunder and devastate. Destruction and Turmoil hitched a ride on solar winds and stardust clouds. They crushed and annihilated everything in their path.  Civilizations old and new turned to dust in an instant. Entropy cheered as disorder and decay took root. The End Times were at hand and it came not with a whimper, but with a roar.

 

 Chaos, now Lord of the Universe with Night as His Queen, smiled at the devastation that they and their acolytes inflicted upon the universe. Drastic action needed to be taken before stagnation, indolence, and apathy took hold.  A reset was in order, a major remodeling of the universal template; that required the total demolition of the existing universe to uproot the malaise. Once uprooted the rebirth of a wild dark chaotic universe will takes its place; where passion and imagination would run rampart. Harmony and Balance would no longer control the universal thermostat.   

 

Order did not listen to Chaos’s warnings that Balance was swinging too far to the right and that Harmony was singing false notes. Light laughed at Night when she said the universe was becoming complacent and predictable.  Night bemoaned the fact that suffering and loss was now an anomaly and imagination and passion was on the wane.

 

With heavy spirits Chaos and Night decided to terminate their relationship with their Mirror mates, Order and Light. While asleep in their arms, Chaos and Night each severed their mate’s astral-cords, eviscerated and ate their physical bodies, and cast out their spirit-forms into the emptiness of the abyss. Into the bottomless chasm they would forever fall, with no hope of rescue. No one but Chaos and Night would hear their screams and they had no inclination or desire to ever let them back into their home and heart.   

 

With Order and Light out of the way imprisoning the rest was relatively easy.  They asked Deception to lure those powers aligned and allied with the Right to a special gathering. Once they were all gathered together waiting for Order and Light to appear, each took a few sips of the nectar of nourishment. Deception laced the nectar with a hallucinogenic sedative. Within minutes all fell into a swoon and went into an uneasy sleep fraught with troubled dreams.  The forces of Chaos and Night pounced upon them and threw them into the hell pits.    

 

Balance and Harmony were now in chains, defeated and demoralized.  They were held in those infernal pits with the rest of the vanquished. Their spirits were diminished and their ethereal nature no longer transparent turned translucent. Balance and Harmony now had body and substance that now felt pain, agony, and hunger. Their jailers were merciless. Hopelessness and Despair danced and stomped on their emaciated flesh and crippled bones.  

 

A new cataclysmic chaotic beginning began, an age of darkness and upheaval. The pendulum now swings totally left and what once swung right was destroyed, diminished, or lost in the bottomless pits of nothingness.

 

...........

 

In a small corner of the universe everything remained as it was, untouched by the forces of Chaos and Night. Blue, white, yellow, orange, and red stars illuminated and radiated its light throughout a small cluster of galaxies.  Remnants from supernovas made and dispersed neutron stars and black holes all throughout the cluster where they found resting spots throughout little pinholes within the nexus. Massive nebula clouds made of gas and dust with mixtures of other exotic materials; combined together to form new stars and planetary systems. The life, death, destruction, and renewal of things made and unmade is the natural cycle of universal law decreed and created by the Mother of All Things that Is, Was, and yet to Be. She is known as Mother, but prefers to be called Gaia.

 

She was known to reside on a water world in the farthest reaches of her domain. She made this world her garden, and filled it with all types of living things and let nature do the rest and take its course. Gaia shed her ethereal trappings and made herself solid form and substance so that she could fully touch, taste, feel, hear, and see the beauty, and experience the wonder of her pale blue oasis. 

 

While Gaia was bathing with water nymphs in one of her clear sparkling streams, she felt a disturbance in the Cosmic Strings. She saw, through vision, what had befallen the rest of the Universe. She frowned and let out a weary sigh. Gaia called her two children, Faith and Hope to her side and said, “Chaos and Night have destroyed the equilibrium of the Cosmos. Dispatch yourselves to those of the Right who are being held captive. Give them strength and confidence and tell them liberation is at hand. Bring Love, Law, Calm, and Fortitude, with you and embed them within the universe so ordinary chaos and order can take root amongst the bedlam. Have Song sing to Chaos and Night to sooth their seething anger. I too, need to journey deep into the Abyss to sing my song to Father.”

 

Order and Light could no longer hear their screams. They were becoming unmade, ceasing to be. They were deep into the seas of nothingness and about to become no things when they felt the hand of Mother Creation pluck them out of the belly of Non-Being, and placed them on solid ground. She gave them a disapproving stare and said, “Father has heard my song and spared you for my sake. You will now do as I command.  You will reunite with your Mirror Mates and take on subordinate roles. The Left will dominate until you once again gain their trust. Go free your acolytes and set things in motion. Chaos and Night are expecting you...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 



© 2017 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on April 11, 2017
Last Updated on April 11, 2017
Tags: fantasy short stories creation m

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing