Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Tea Time in Paradise

Tea Time in Paradise

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

everyone deserves a holiday

"

Tea Time in Paradise

 

 A crack appeared in the hyper-dimensional vortex that was the multi-verse. A hundred thousand peccadilloes (called pixies in the common worlds) wedged their way through that crack and slipped into one of those mundane worlds where humanity festered.

 

Their pixie magic opened that rift in a desperate attempt to flee the ravenous spider queen, Yukilamia. Their home world was becoming a feasting ground for Yukilamia and her itzy bitsy spider babies.

 

The peccadilloes were a delicacy, a magical morsel that enhanced and reinforced the spider queen and her babies own magical auras, as well as being finger licking good.

 

The peccadilloes had a somber choice to make, to stay and eventually be eaten, or live in the lands where magic, beauty and imagination were stunted. They chose to leave and live secretly amongst the human chattel.  Although peccadilloes were tiny to begin with, they decided to make themselves near microscopic in size to avoid human detection, as well as the hungry eyes of the spider queen.

 

They found a place to settle in that was quite accommodating indeed. They stumbled upon a paradise amongst that dark and dreary earthen world.

 

..........

 

It was one hell of a rainy day with thunderous explosions and lightning flashes. Inside the greenhouse, one of the competing landscapers, Duncan Dittleford, was deep in thought. Although he was disappointed that the Chelsea Flower Show would debut in the rain, limiting the initial turnout, he was relieved that the event lasted a week rather than a day.

 

Duncan was quivering with excitement. This was the Academy Awards of gardening. All the great landscapers throughout the world were entered into this event. If he took First Prize he would be world renown, a peer amongst the greats. Duncan’s heart was pounding; the doors would open to the public in less than an hour. The judges would start their evaluations. Life couldn’t be more exciting than this, or so he thought.

 

He was startled out of his reverie by a low humming sound coming from the direction of his garden.  Alarm spread throughout his body; it sounded like a malfunctioning part in the sprinkler system. His garden, as well as his reputation, would be in ruins if the pipes burst.

 

As he crawled on his hand and knees with ears to ground the humming sounded more like a large group singing. He also heard flutes and string instruments.  The pressure got to him; Duncan thought he was going mad.

 

“No you’re not, Master Gardener”, said a melodious voice in his ear.” We invite you to a celebration in your honor.  Come join us in the festivities, all you need to do is accept and we’ll whisk you into the paradise that you created. What say you?”

 

Duncan felt that he had no choice but to accept; he only had his sanity to lose.

 

........

 

He was transported to a land out of fairy tale. The land stretched for miles with beautiful visas of lakes, mountains, forests, oceans, and streams. Exactly how he envisioned his garden. Standing before him were the most beautiful beings he ever laid eyes on. They too were out of fairytale. They were pixies, real living and breathing pixies. He fainted dead away.

 

When he awoke, Duncan was in a bed of leaves. There was a party going on, with dancing, singing, drinking and plenty of laughter. One of the pixies lifted him up and said,

 

“We are grateful to you for creating this garden. It was with your loving hands that gave it the magic we needed to make it a home. We invite you to remain with us till the end days. Although this garden only existed less than a week in your time it has lasted over a thousand cycles in ours.  Within the next five minutes Yukilamia’s granddaughter, Mothdread, the Beast Monster, will come to eat the world. Those five minutes is well over a hundred years in ours. The thunder, rain, and lightning are her trumpets announcing Mothdread’s coming.  Stay with us, embrace joy, find your bliss, and enjoy the fruits of your efforts.”

 

Laughing joyfully, Duncan accepted their offer...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 RC

07/31/2017

©Robert F. Callaci

 

 



© 2017 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on September 3, 2017
Last Updated on September 3, 2017
Tags: fantasy, flash fiction

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing