In the Stillness of the Endless Sea

In the Stillness of the Endless Sea

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

The Fiddler Fiddles with her Fiddle

"

In the Stillness of the Endless Sea 

 

     I need to set the record straight about my devilish dalliances in the Louisiana bayou with that hunk of a man they call Jumping Jack Jimmy Jam Jones. It was getting the Big Guy in the Sky a little hot under His wings.  Normally He pays no mind to my sexual preferences and proclivities, but for some reason his insides exploded every time I played the fiddle and did a little diddle, diddle, with old Jimmy Ding Dang Jones. I needed to calm and douse the fire in his belly   without kowtowing to his machismo machinations and rash impulses; like when he flooded the damn place, destroying everything, except for the Noah clan and his menagerie.

 

     Let me first make this perfectly clear; I’ll be with whomever I desire and will never bend my knee or submit to his whimsy when it’s to my disadvantage. Jimmy sets my horns on fire, amongst other things. But when God gets jealous; s**t happens.

 

     Let me start from the beginning in order for you to familiarize yourselves with the current situation. Handled incorrectly, it can lead into a new apocalypse. I’m in no mood for another Armageddon, well not yet anyway.

 

     As you might have guessed; I’m that sizzling hot-looking finger-licking fiddle-playing sin-loving devil. I call myself Lucy, short for Lucifer. I know Lucifer’s a masculine sounding name, but God’s name is Angeline. I’m also known as the Fiddler around these parts; because I play one mean-assed fiddle. It’s what snared Jimmy Jam to my bosom. 

 

     I’m going to make this creation mythos short and simple without the religious philosophical blather Mankind likes to pontificate about. Then we’ll get to the guts of the story.  

 

     I’m the Moon, the Night, the Female aspect of the Non-Void. That, whom is called God, is the Sun, the Light, and the Male aspect of that same Non-Void. When we’re in balance we’re a great team. When we’re not, chaos and entropy ensue. Together we created the Cosmos, the multi-universes if you will. When we’re out of balance and in one of our nasty spats, a multitude of worlds tend to become toast. I’m the Yin to His Yang, the non force to His force. If this sounds similar to the basic tenets of Taoism, it is. It was I, not Lao Tzu, who wrote the Tao Te Ching.    

 

     Earth was our first creation. It’s very special to both of us. He created Day, I the Night, and all animals’ trees, birds, and bees. God created Man, a male and female in our image. They proved to be a great disappointment. I protect and nurture all earthly things, except for humanity. That’s God’s special project. I find humans to be pretentious, obnoxious, and arrogant, much like God, but without His good qualities. Most of my dealings with Man are to show God they don’t deserve his Love. I have a standing bet with him; to prove that they are not worthy of an immortal soul.   But once in a while there’s an exception. You guessed it, that exception is Jimmy Jam Big Bang Jones.

 

     Jimmy’s a child of the earth. He’s in tune with nature. He has no affinity for heavenly things. All earthly things are beguiled by my fiddle playing except for God obsessed man. My music makes them dance with unbridled joy. One day as I was dancing amongst swamp friends, jimmy danced along beside us. The moonlit night embraced him. He became my companion, acolyte, and lover.

 

God felt that Jimmy usurped my Love.

 

      I wrapped my darkness around God’s light and comforted his aching heart. God is like a puppy, a pat on the head and a kiss on the nose is all it takes for him to know that he’s my true love. Apocalypse averted, at least for now.  Next stop---Jimmy’s witchy woman; but that’s another story...

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

©Robert F Callaci

01/12/2018



© 2018 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a fantastic piece of imagination Robert. It all hangs together very believably helped by your references such as to taoism. Its hard work creating an alternative reality like this but you've made it look easy. Your use of colloquial language is spot on and adds so much to this piece of fun writing.
Great work, Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert Francis Callaci

6 Years Ago

Alan

Thank you for your kind words-- I love alternative fiction or as I call them twi.. read more



Reviews

This is a fantastic piece of imagination Robert. It all hangs together very believably helped by your references such as to taoism. Its hard work creating an alternative reality like this but you've made it look easy. Your use of colloquial language is spot on and adds so much to this piece of fun writing.
Great work, Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Robert Francis Callaci

6 Years Ago

Alan

Thank you for your kind words-- I love alternative fiction or as I call them twi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on January 16, 2018
Last Updated on February 7, 2018
Tags: shorts, fantasy, creation myths.

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing