Forgetting

Forgetting

A Story by Emily Weaver

      “Hey, I like your eyes!”

      A girl came bounding over to me. She had a mouth full of braces, and braids flopping on her shoulder.

      “What?” I asked.

      “I said: I like your eyes. They are pretty! Hi! My name is Kelsey. You are in my class.”

      I faintly recognized her.

      “I’m Aaron. Uh, thanks?”

      She grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the lunch line. As she blabbed about who know what, I realized that she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Granted, I was only 8, but she was still wonderful.

      “Hey! Want to come over and shoot some hoops?”

      “Aaron? Oh, I don’t know…”

      “Oh come on! I won’t take no for an answer!”

      “Ok, fine! I’ll be right over, Pretty Eyes.”

      I smiled as I shot a basket.

        “Aaron? Aaron?! Aaron!”

      “Yes… Hello?” The woman screeched my name into the phone some more. “What?!”

      “Aaron, it’s Kelsey’s mom.”

      “Oh. Hey Mrs. Whittaker.”

      “Aaron, you need to get over here right now. It’s Kelsey. She’s… She’s been in an accident.”

      My head swirled as I tried to understand what she was saying.

      “Um… W-Where are you?” I fumbled with my car keys as I was running to my car.

      “69th and Avenue.”

      I dropped my phone and drove towards Avenue.

      Once I got there, I hopped out of my running car, and went over to Mrs. Whittaker, hunched over on the curb.

      “Where’s Kelsey?!” I almost shouted.

      “I don’t know what happened, Aaron! I was just driving, and then all of a sudden we were spinning out of control! Now my baby is being driven to the hospital, and my car is towed so I can’t even be there with her…”

      I sprinted off towards the hospital yelling, “Take my car!”

      I went to the hospital. When will she wake up? I kept thinking about when we met, 9 years ago. That little girl bouncing over to me, me thinking she was precious.

      I remember the first time we met, the first time we hugged, held hands, kissed.

      My parents called, wondering where I was. I just said I wasn’t coming home until Kelsey could come with me.

      I never left that hospital. For weeks, all I at was Jell-O, and I slept on the couch next to her hospital bed, never letting go of her hand for one second.

      One morning, when I woke up, I was looking for signs of her moving. As I was just about to give up, I saw her eyelids flutter. My heart skipped a beat.

      The doctors rushed in while the nurses scurried me out.

      “Wait out here, please.”

      I did wait. I waited for 8 hours, until a doctor came out. I stood up and gave him a questioning look.

      “You are Kelsey’s friend, Aaron, right?”

      I nodded my head.

      “Well, Kelsey is fine. However, she has severe memory loss. She doesn’t remember anything or anyone. But, you can go see her, if you like.”

      “What’s the point? She won’t remember me. She won’t remember me, or the first time we kissed, when we met…” I trailed off.

      I walked into Kelsey’s room, expecting the worse, only to find that she was asleep.

      I sat next to her, gently holding her hand, letting a tear drop from my eyes.

      I, then, saw her eyes start to flutter again. I half expected to be rushed out of the room again, but no one came.

      As she fully woke, she looked around, and then took a long look at me.    

      “What?” I asked, carefully.

      Kelsey looked at me, smiled weakly, and said, “I don’t know who you are, but you have pretty eyes.”

      

© 2011 Emily Weaver


Author's Note

Emily Weaver
This is one of the first short stories that I wrote... My friends like it so I just put it on there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

beautiful



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like this...so cute at the beginning and so sad at the end. Good write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim
Very well written and wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really good! I really liked the ending :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How romantic pretty eyes, reminded me of 50 first dates the movie, he never gave up on love and neither did your character Aaron, your use of childhood memories to strengthen the piece is wonderful and the ending makes one smile. Your friends are right to like this piece as I did, will add this to my Reading list. Keep em' coming

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing. Short but sweet.
I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautiful



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this story is so sweet! I like the ending alpt. I think you could have given us a little more background anout kelssy ans aarons relationship though. nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Holy hell! This was so beautiful.
Keep up the good work :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my God, this story just touched my heart. This is sooooo sweet. You should write moore, please? HAHA. Good job!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

514 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 20, 2011

Author

Emily Weaver
Emily Weaver

TX



About
My name is Emily and I love to read romance novels... So that is a lot of what I write. I have been wanting to be a writer for a couple of years now because I just have such a strong interest in it. (.. more..

Writing
Bragging Bragging

A Story by Emily Weaver



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Specks Specks

A Poem by A.Taylor


Hope Hope

A Poem by Ami N.