Claudia and Aaron

Claudia and Aaron

A Chapter by Emily Weaver

Ring! Ring! Ring!

      Claudia rolled over sleepily and picked up her ringing phone.

      “Hello?” She yawned.

      “Oh I’m sorry! Did I wake you up?”

      Claudia sat straight up. “No! Not at all Aaron! Uh… What’s up?” Claudia hopped out of her bed and got dressed.

      Aaron chuckled. “Ha, hey I was wondering if you wanted to come hang out later?”

      “Uh, yeah! Of course! When?” Claudia struggled to put her hair in a ponytail.

      “Now?”

      Claudia smiled when she heard the pleading in his voice. “Yeah. Pick me up in 5?”

      Aaron chuckled and said, “Yep! See you in a sec!”

      Claudia rushed down the stairs quietly and slipped out the door just in time to see Aaron sprinting up her driveway.

      Once he reached her, he took her hand in hers and started pulling her gently down to the street.

      “What’s the rush?” Claudia asked, confused.

      He shot her a scared look as he said, “There is something that I have to warn you about.”
                                   ...

Claudia and Aaron were lying side by side on the warm grass in the park, watching the clouds.

      “So what was so important that you had to drag me out of the house?” Claudia asked.

      Aaron rolled over onto his elbow and looked at her. “Well… I don’t know where to start. Um… Do you know the story of your house?” Aaron looked uncomfortable.

      “W-What story?” Claudia stumbled over her words.

      Aaron started, “Ok. So about a year before you guys came here, two other girls lived in your house. They were great friends of ours. But then, something happened. They stopped calling, stopped coming over, everything. When we went over there to see what they were doing, we saw the door halfway open.

      “Alex and I went in and saw the girls and their parents lying on the floor…” Aaron looked away, then.

      Claudia sat up and hugged him. “What else?”

       “Well… There was a message on the wall. It said, ‘I’ll be back’.”




© 2011 Emily Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What? Is this turning into a horror book? Or was he just kidding? Nice twist even though it's kind of abrupt. Will read more. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh. My. Gosh. you've got me hooked!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011


Author

Emily Weaver
Emily Weaver

TX



About
My name is Emily and I love to read romance novels... So that is a lot of what I write. I have been wanting to be a writer for a couple of years now because I just have such a strong interest in it. (.. more..

Writing
Bragging Bragging

A Story by Emily Weaver