Week Days

Week Days

A Story by Deborah Dhue
"

The days of the week as a community of friends and siblings.

"

Monday is grumpy. She probably has a messy dirty-blonde bun pulled haphazardly on top of her head. Her sweatpants have coffee stains on them, and her hoodie is way too big. She has on flip flops because who has time for actual shoes? She doesn’t wear makeup because she doesn’t feel like it. She is short and skinny with a grimace constantly plastered on her face.

Tuesday can often be found eating a bowl of cereal. He is laidback, but he also understands that he has some obligations that he must apply himself to. His sunglasses match his short brown hair. He always wears cut off denim shorts and band tees under a grey denim jacket. He always makes bad puns, and people laugh at them just to humor him.

Wednesday is quiet with glasses. His ruffled green and purple hair looks messy, but it also indicates a bit of fun. His burnt orange pullover goes beautifully with his black skinny jeans. He is usually taking it easy, drinking coffee and watching his cactus. People sometimes forget he is there, but he doesn’t mind. He is just glad people don’t hate him, like they hate Monday.

Thursday has glasses, just like Wednesday, but she also has long straight brown hair. She wears just enough makeup to mature her face, but she doesn’t try too hard. She is always productive and gets her work done right before the deadline, at the latest. Her taupe dress suit and black heels are the definition of her sophisticated and business-like style. She always has a folder or notebook with some kind of schedule or important information in it. When she gets home, she lets her business facade slip away as she sits on the couch with her dormouse and watches Netflix in her jam-jams.

Friday has curly red hair and wears eighties influenced eye shadow. Her black button-up is just tight enough to accent her sizeable breasts, and her hip-hugger burgundy straight-legged jeans show off her legs and rump. She has silver heels and a small leather handbag. Unlike her older sister Thursday, Friday goes out to clubs and parties with all her friends until early into the morning. She always stumbles home barefoot and exclaims “Let’s do it again!” Everyone loves Friday.

Saturday is tall and lanky. His black hoodie is always pulled up over his head, as he goes outside to skateboard or do some other fun activity. He shaved his head, and he has a small goatee. His best friends are Wednesday and Friday, but he loves all of the others, as well. He has a crush on Monday, but she always rejects him.

Sunday is the most beautiful. She is just curvy enough, with pale skin and platinum curly blonde hair. She has brown eyes that are always smiling. She is a bit of a flower child with a sunny personality. She wears a flower crown, short lace shorts, and combat boots. Her shawl is all she wears on top. People love Sunday, and they appreciate her kind and bright disposition. She loves everyone and everything.

© 2015 Deborah Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like your descriptions of each day and I think they'd be an accurate representation. Sunday being a flower child is a great description and I enjoy the idea of Thursday being a Netflix watcher. I thought it was really interesting that you put that Saturday has a crush on Monday but Monday rejects him. That's a really creative idea.

Functionally speaking, in Tuesday's description you use 'He always' as the start to two sentences in a row and you might want to vary that a bit. I think there might be a forgotten indentation for Sunday's paragraph. Through the majority of the piece you use present tense, though in Saturday's description you say "he shaved his head and has a small goatee." You should swap shaved to 'shaves' to match the rest of your tense. The only other thing I'd recommend to further this would be to incorporate these characters into a story. Maybe you could create a story around the relationship between Saturday and Monday! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like your descriptions of each day and I think they'd be an accurate representation. Sunday being a flower child is a great description and I enjoy the idea of Thursday being a Netflix watcher. I thought it was really interesting that you put that Saturday has a crush on Monday but Monday rejects him. That's a really creative idea.

Functionally speaking, in Tuesday's description you use 'He always' as the start to two sentences in a row and you might want to vary that a bit. I think there might be a forgotten indentation for Sunday's paragraph. Through the majority of the piece you use present tense, though in Saturday's description you say "he shaved his head and has a small goatee." You should swap shaved to 'shaves' to match the rest of your tense. The only other thing I'd recommend to further this would be to incorporate these characters into a story. Maybe you could create a story around the relationship between Saturday and Monday! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2015
Last Updated on September 4, 2015
Tags: week, week day, random, friends, fiction

Author

Deborah Dhue
Deborah Dhue

Alton, IL



About
I write poetry and prose for fun. I hope to publish some work one day. I also play piano and draw. I love art and language. more..

Writing