To the Locust Toybox

To the Locust Toybox

A Chapter by Deborah Dhue

To the Locust Toybox,

Thank you. Your work and viewpoint on life has really inspired me. Who would've thought that some surreal, poorly-drawn animations would change my life? Well, I have to say: it's more refreshing than a winged glowing intersex or a bearded man in the sky. Life imitates art, they say. And when I look at the world, when I look at people's lives, I see inklings of your art, animations, and snark in each one. Existence is but a dream, and I'd rather have it be a flavorful one. You made me unafraid to put stuff out there, even if it is weird, unconventional, and/or people don't get it. Keep on doing what you're doing. While I am already subscribed to you on Patreon, I hope that one day I will have a cushy enough job to be on a higher tier. I hope one day I can meet you and see your artwork at Opposites. Maybe we could talk over coffee there? I have many questions.

P.S. - "Cream" is a masterpiece!


© 2017 Deborah Dhue


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 8, 2017
Last Updated on November 8, 2017
Tags: nonfiction, letters unsent, anthology, letter, chapter, locust toybox, david firth, november


Author

Deborah Dhue
Deborah Dhue

Alton, IL



About
I write poetry and prose for fun. I hope to publish some work one day. I also play piano and draw. I love art and language. more..

Writing