Note on "Ethan and Emma" part 3

Note on "Ethan and Emma" part 3

A Story by Well Blow Me Down!
"

Meta. Inspiration for ending a broken off tale. I ended up using "Ethan" rather than Ogden.

"

In a dream I realized how to conclude and publish story #3, which was at a place of near completion last Monday. It can’t finish as I had planned, I regret to say, but I know how to make it work. It broke my heart in the dream and it will break my heart again and again to write the ending and to publish it, but it’s the right finish for the story sequence, and it can stand as a story by itself without the first two parts.

I had one scene to add into the story and to put into the plot before the emotional conclusion; it will still end up there, but from a different perspective, a disruption of the suspension of disbelief. It will be an effective disillusionment of the protagonist: the walls of the dream will all fall down deafeningly.

It will be, if read as the third and inadvertently final part of the three story sequence, a terrible wrench, I think, bleak and painful, but the other two parts will not be published, probably. It’s enough to have the last part, decontextualized. One character name will be changed to Ogden. 

© 2012 Well Blow Me Down!


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on December 23, 2012
Last Updated on December 23, 2012
Tags: meta, writer's notes, planning, inspiration, dreams, ethan and emma

Author

Well Blow Me Down!
Well Blow Me Down!

Yunlin County, Central Taiwan, Taiwan



About
I'm a college professor of lit and music, an expatriate from the USA. I'm into all sorts of creativity. (function () { document.write("");} () ) more..

Writing