Independence Travel Writing Contest

Independence Travel Writing Contest

A Story by Lisa Niver Rajna
"

SUMMER 2013 INDEPENDENCE TRAVEL WRITING CONTEST FREE ENTRY, $1,000USD IN CASH PRIZES

"

SUMMER 2013 INDEPENDENCE TRAVEL WRITING CONTEST

FREE ENTRY, $1,000USD IN CASH PRIZES

WeSaidGoTravel.com invites you to enter its Travel Writing Contest with $1,000usd in CASH prizes and no fee for entry. The theme for the Summer 2013 contest is “Independence: A Place You Feel Free.” We hope your article will inspire others to travel more and find freedom!  Enter from May 11, 2013 to July 4, 2013.

We are looking for an article about your act of freedom"a place you chose or that makes you feel free. In Michael Shapiro’s book, A Sense of Place: Great Travel Writers Talk About Their Craft, Lives, and Inspiration (Travelers’ Tales), he interviewed travel writer, Frances Mayes, who said, “If you are lucky enough to spend some time in a foreign country, it will change you. Travel is part of that great sense of continuing education. You get to learn, you get to go there, you get to read the poetry, you get to learn the history. It is an act of freedom when you make your own choice of place according to what you need, want, love, crave.” Sometimes the place that makes you feel free is in your own backyard, share your special location.

THEME:  Independence: A Place that Makes You Feel Free

CASH PRIZES:

  • 1st Prize " $500usd
  • 2nd Prize " $350usd
  • 3rd Prize " $150usd

Winners will be selected by our judges, Richard Bangs, Amy Friedman and the We Said Go Travel Team.  Cash prizes will be paid through PayPal in United States Dollars.  All winning entries will be promoted on We Said Go Travel.

RULES: Publication is dependent on proper use of English language and grammar, appropriateness of theme topic, and being family friendly (G rated). If your post is written in a language other than English, please also send an English translation. Travelers of all ages and from all countries are encouraged to participate. Each individual may send up to 5 entries that are 500-800 words with 1-5 photos. Your article must be an original and previously unpublished piece. All posts, which meet the requirements, will appear on WeSaidGoTravel.com.

DEADLINE: Enter by midnight PST on July 4, 2013

JUDGING: Richard Bangs, Amy Friedman and the We Said Go Travel Team

Richard Bangs, the father of modern adventure travel, is a pioneer in travel that makes a difference, travel with a purpose. He has spent 30 years as an explorer and communicator, and along the way led first descents of 35 rivers around the globe, he is currently producing and hosting the new PBS series, Richard Bangs: Adventure Without End

Amy Friedman, an award-winning author, has published three memoirs, several children’s books and audiobooks, and thousands of essays, stories, and articles. She works as an editor and ghostwriter teaches memoir and personal essay in souhern California. Amy’s most recent book is Desperado’s Wife: A Memoir, and her co-authored memoir with Anne Willan, One Souffle at a Time, will be released in August.

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Email us at Independence@WeSaidGoTravel prior to July 4, 2013 with your Name, Email Address, Country you are from, Country your article is about, Article Title and how you found out about this contest. Do NOT send the article.
  2. You will receive an email with instructions on how to upload your entry on our word press site. We will send you an email with the date your post will be live and a link.
  3. For your entry, remember to include at least one and up to five photos BUT only use photos that you have taken or have explicit permission to use.
  4. When you post your article, please include a short bio (1-3 sentences) with links to you" your personal website or social media site like your Facebook page.

Thank you for your participation in creating a growing global community of engaged travelers and concerned citizens. Writers of all ages and from all countries are encouraged to enter and share stories from any part of our planet.

© 2013 Lisa Niver Rajna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello! ALL STYLES Of writing are invited into our contest!
http://www.wesaidgotravel.com/writing-contest


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013
Tags: contest, writing, writing contest, travel, travel writing contest

Author

Lisa Niver Rajna
Lisa Niver Rajna

Los Angeles, CA



About
Lisa Niver Rajna is a travel writer, teacher, travel agent and speaker who has traveled to over one hundred countries and six continents. She is spending a sabbatical year in Asia and working on a .. more..