Sophomore Year - Confessions

Sophomore Year - Confessions

A Chapter by whiteNight
"

And things begin to turn o:

"
It was November.
And I was still in Germany.
Things were not going too well at all.
My sophomore year was not looking to be the best year I've ever had. Something had happened... Well, we weren't allowed to leave until the mess had been cleaned up.
I was staying for my entire sophomore year. I had to change my entire schedule in the upcoming semester due to the fact my current schedule was based on me leaving. To top it off, my boyfriend was on the verge on breaking up with me as he was falling for my best friend.
Everything was a total mess.
I sat down in my desk for Autotech, and I turned and shot a smile to my boyfriend, Zack.
He gave a half-hearted wave and began texting again.
Probably to Jennifer. They had been texting a lot recently.
I turned back around and sighed. I looked over at Bobby's desk.
Not surprisingly empty.
The bell rang, and Bobby rushed into the door, and hurriedly sat in his seat.
He have been noticeably late these past couple of days.
It might've had to do with the fact he had a new girlfriend.
"Hoffman, the hell you think you're doing showing up late again?" said Mr Muther. Muther was usually a chill teacher. I was a little surprised he noticed Bobby was late, moreover that he was even angry about it.
He sighed. "Today we're waxing cars, but I need someone to run down to the Shoppette to get some wax. Three of the classes before you guys fucked up in getting the right kind," he said. "Hoffman, you'll be going. I don't need you screwing around while we wait."
I smiled.
"Take Corley with you, she's pretty responsible," he said. "Keep him out of trouble."
Huh. What do you know.
Coincidence strikes again.
We got up and walked out the door, seven bucks in hand.
We were quiet for the first minute of walking. We hadn't talked in a while since we started dating other people.
"So... The weather's nice out today," he mentioned.
I laughed. "That's your conversation starter? Bobby, you can do way better."
"I worked, didn't it?"
I smiled. I'd give him that.
"How are you a Zack doing?" he asked.
I grimaced. "Not great, honestly."
"How so?"
"Let's not talk about that," I said. "How's you and Lizzie?"
He shrugged. "Everyone says I should dump her."
I was one of those people.
I didn't mention that though.
"Why?" I asked.
"For one, she goes around saying she wants to lose her virginity to a black guy," he said. "But she then told me I could go after."
"So... She's saying you can get sloppy seconds?" I was laughing so hard. I thought my relationship was bad.
He rolled his eyes. "Basically. It pissed me off so much. Anyway, what's up with you and Zack? I told you my problem."
I sighed. "I'm pretty sure he's falling for my best friend, you know, Jennifer?"
"She's hot."
I scowled. "So not helpful."
He laughed. "I'm messing with you. Why do you think that?"
"They always text. He'll ignore me just to talk to her," I said. "Sometimes it's like I'm not even there. He once let go of my hand when she walked by."
He frowned. "He sounds like an a*****e of a boyfriend."
I shook my head. "It's whatever, I just don't really want to think about it."
We arrived at the Shoppette, and walked in through the doors. "What type of wax did Muther want?"
"Just regular car wax, Whitney. It's not rocket science," he said as we walked the aisles. "Here, look."
I'm pretty sure both our heart dropped when we saw the car care section.
Are you aware of how many different types of car waxes there are?
Well, simply put - a metric s**t ton.
"Not rocket science my a*s," I muttered.
He rolled his eyes and we went to work trying to find the specific wax Muther wanted.
It didn't help that apparently three other classes jacked this up too.
Finally, we decided on one for six bucks.
It didn't look promising.
We bought the wax and walked out the door, and I was filled with doubt.
What if we got the wrong wax? I couldn't stand messing up like that in front of the class.
"You think we're good?" I asked.
He shrugged. "Dunno, I guess we'll find out."
I bit the inside of my cheek as I usually do when I'm nervous. He looked at me, and I returned the look.
"What?"
"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you - why did you always keep looking at me in Honor Band?"
I blushed. "Oh, jeez. That was a while ago."
"Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that I still remember," he said.
"I don't know," I said, looking down. "How do you remember that?"
"Well, I definitely remember that a cute girl kept checking me out."
I smiled. "You thought I was cute?"
"Yeah, I did. Still do."
I laughed nervously. "I guess I kept looking at you because I thought you were cute too."
We were quiet for a while after that, and then we arrived back at the door outside of the Autotech garage.
He looked at me. "Well, go ahead."
"You know, I feel like you should give him the wax," I said, passing him the bag.
He pushed it back to me. "Yeah, I'll pass."
I sighed. "You're such a wimp."
He grinned and gestured for me to go first.
I grudgingly obliged.
We both walked in, and the class was all working on our assigned engines. We walked up to Muther, who took the bag and examined the container.
I nearly shat (past tense of s**t) myself from nervousness.
"Huh, you guys actually did good," he said, starting to walk away. "Now lets wax this car."
Bobby grinned at me, and I smiled and laughed.
"I seriously thought we were going to get our asses chewed for getting the wrong wax," he said.
"Me too - Thank God I'm brilliant enough to pick the right one," I said.
He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because that was all you," he said.
"You said it, not me."
He threw a towel at me, and I laughed.
For the first time in a while, I was happy.
At least for a while.














© 2013 whiteNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 19, 2013
Last Updated on June 19, 2013
Tags: love story, teen, true story, sophomore year


Author

whiteNight
whiteNight

San Antonio, TX



About
Hi, I'm 16, and constantly moving. I've lived around the world, and I wanted a place to share my writing. I'm a sucker for beat poems, and I would be lost without sports and literature in my life. .. more..

Writing
Soul Soul

A Poem by whiteNight