Sophomore Year - Corruptions

Sophomore Year - Corruptions

A Chapter by whiteNight
"

Now it's really the beginning of the end o:

"
Second week of January, and we were all back from winter break.
You know that means.
That means conditioning week in basketball.
On that lovely Tuesday, I was beyond sore from the workout coach dumped on us. I sighed as I got my gym bag from my locker as I got ready to head down to the middle school gym. The guys' team used the high school gym, so we had to make the ten minute walk to the middle school gym.
"Hey."
I looked up quickly, and Bobby was standing in front of me.
"How the hell did you learn to walk so damn quiet?" I muttered, and he smiled. "So, what's up?"
He shrugged. "Nothing - You walking down to practice?"
"Like always, why?"
"I'm heading down to the teen centre, it's right by it. I was just thinking I'll walk with you," he said.
I smiled. "Alright, I better get going if I want to make it to practice on time."
He picked up my school bag. "Need this?"
I snatched it from him, and he laughed. "Course I need this," I said. I slung it on my shoulder. "Ready?"
"I've been ready, we were waiting on you."
"Shut up."
He laughed, and we started the walk down to the middle school. Halfway there, we stopped. We had to go our separate ways - he to the teen centre, and me to my basketball practice.
"I didn't mean to not kiss you," I blurted out.
That sounded subtler in my head.
He shifted his weight. "Well, it kind of felt like you did."
"I was just- I wanted too, but I just," I stammered. I sighed. "I just didn't see it coming."
"You don't have to worry about that if you don't want me too," he said. "I didn't mean to make you feel awkward."
I shook my head. "Bobby, I want you to kiss me."
He didn't hesitate.
He crossed the distance and kissed me.
We stood like that, in that perfect moment. It was wonderful.
I forgot everything.
"You know, you don't have to go to practice," he said quietly.
I smiled. "I know, but you know I have too."
He laughed quietly. "Yeah, I know you do," he kissed me gently again. "I just don't want you to go."
I laughed. "Dude, don't be that guy. Come on, we both got places to be."
He laughed and hugged me. "Alright, fine. I'll see you tomorrow."
I smiled. "See you, Bobby."
When I finally showed up to practice - I had to run a mile with a medicine ball.
I didn't care.
It was so worth it.
* * *
God, I loved spring. The warm weather, the sunny days, the blue skies. It was always wonderful.
April was here, and everyone was buzzing with new happiness. Everyone seriously missed the warm weather.
It was passing period before last period, and Bobby was leaning against the locker beside mine. "What class do you have again?"
I rolled my eyes. "I've told you ten times. I have Autotech now."
"You had to switch classes," he complained. "Now I can't remember your schedule."
"Hey, least we got PE together," I said.
He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, because a mentally insane teacher is a step up."
"Better than nothing," I said. The warning bell rang, and I nudged him. "Hey, don't be late, you'll get detention again."
He rolled his eyes. "Whitney, don't worry so much," he said, then kissed me before he left, but he suddenly stopped. "Hey, can you hang after school?" He asked.
I nodded. "It's an academic day for soccer. I can ditch."
He grinned. "Awesome, meet me after school."
I nodded as he went the other way.
I smiled as I walked to class.
Life was good.
* * *
We held hands as we rushed down the stairs of our usually safe-place.
A nearly-empty lodging facility basement.
The place was a godsend - we found it one time when we were just walking around. The place was filled with chairs, shelves, couches, mattresses.
And no one ever came down there.
Well, except us.
Bobby kissed me the moment we shut the door, and I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"What do you want to do for two hours?" I asked.
He grinned. "I can think of a couple things," he chuckled, and I smacked him on his arm.
His face turned serious, and he reached for his wallet.
"Bobby, what's up? You okay?" I asked. He never looked this flustered.
He looked at me, and then back down to his wallet.
He pulled out a condom.
His eyes met mine, and mine widened. "Oh."
"Whitney - we can wait," he said. "We don't have too."
I shook my head. "I leave in two months, Bobby."
"You sure?" He asked.
I nodded.
His lips met mine gently, and suddenly my world was on fire. I needed him.
And everything was amazing.
Well, until the condom broke.


© 2013 whiteNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on June 19, 2013
Last Updated on June 19, 2013
Tags: high school, true story, love, sophomore year


Author

whiteNight
whiteNight

San Antonio, TX



About
Hi, I'm 16, and constantly moving. I've lived around the world, and I wanted a place to share my writing. I'm a sucker for beat poems, and I would be lost without sports and literature in my life. .. more..

Writing
Soul Soul

A Poem by whiteNight