So Genuinely Unnecessary

So Genuinely Unnecessary

A Story by Do You Feel?
"

How women treat each other in friendships even as they fall apart, isn't there enough hate in the world and drama surrounding us to just stop all the fuss and unite as women and if it doesn't work it doesn't work, at least we can say we gave it our all...

"

 Why in the hell are women so heartless to each other?  Do they not realize that times are tough and we have to do what we can in this world to survive as it is, the last thing we should have to worry about is our FRIENDS being enemies to us!

Well, apparently a few of my friends missed that memo...so I had to do some extremely early spring cleaning or some really late  spring cleaning, however you want to look at it.

May seem harsh, but come on, who would stay in a situation that wasn't healthy for them?  If I were a single woman, I wouldn't let a guy treat me like crap, so why then would I stay in a friendship that allows anyone else to make me feel less than wonderful?  I wouldn't, and I make no apologies for that.

I do however, apologize to myself for not seeing or addressing the issue sooner, I think a few hearts could have been spared, and certainly a few angry not so nice thoughts would have never been held captive in my mind.

But alas, such is life, and we digress.  When crap gets so messed up that you gotta cut strings, it's better left undetailed.  Point is, I happen to be one of the VERY few happily married women out there, sure, but that doesn't make me immune to pain or life being unfair.  It still hurts me just as much as it hurts the next girl to be stabbed in the back or spit on, but things like that only make me stronger and smarter, realizing just who my real friends are and who they are not. 

Though it saddens me that women in particular cannot be more real with themselves to be friends with those they love and just leave the ones they don't alone.  There is no room in life for all the petty chaos and drama, it gets so old so fast.   It took me until I became a mom to realize that, but I am learning that even a few moms slip through the cracks and still somehow have NOT learned that lesson! 

It's beyond me really, at least I do know who is and is not  a true friend to me and where I stand in this world will never be compromised or blurred again.  I never make the same mistake twice!

To all the girls who I still trust with my heart and call friend, thanks for not being flaky, juvenile,insecure,sad,heartless or stupid acting and actually still treating me like a human being.  You are all strong and beautiful women and it is ME who is the lucky one to have you as my friends, the others, well, if you can't say anything nice about em'... well you know the rest.

 

© 2008 Do You Feel?


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
Added on September 16, 2008
Last Updated on September 18, 2008

Author

Do You Feel?
Do You Feel?

Kansas City, MO



About
I am just a girl struggling to grow up, to get over her past and learn from it, to look to the future without fear and to live each present day as if it were the most important day in my life. I have.. more..

Writing