Witch?

Witch?

A Story by Isabella Dewynter

Prologue

Yes, I’m a witch deal with it.

 

Part 1

In the shadows of her bedroom she researches a forbidden art; surrounded by leaping shadows and flairs of dark power. A single black candle burns; spreading the tainted darkness through the air like a disease. The chanting begins engulfing any innocence and swiftly devouring it; her head slowly turns as if it were Satan himself “BE GONE,

BY THOU WORD,

IT SHALL BE DONE, IT SHALL BE DONE, IT SHALL BE”

the spider bolted for the door and dashed for it’s web. “Oh thank god it worked, I hate spiders with their crappy little grouse legs they are pure evil,” she flicked the light in relief that the creepy crawly had fled. She took a peak at the clock “oh sugar, I better get to sleep,” she instantly checked her bags to make sure she had packed, flicked the switch and went out like a light.

 

“Too bright, too bright, I can’t see,” she woke to a blinding ball of soft purple light hovering over her. “OK, OK!!! I’m getting up now,” the light retreated and simply vanished. Getting up she glared at where the ball was, annoyed that her friend had woken her up so early. After Mercy got dress in hiking boots and jeans, she grabbed all her camping gear and stuff before walking out to meet her friend Sage in her van.

“Was it really necessary the wake me up so early in the morning?” Mercy complained while she pile her stuff in the boot.

“It’s 10 o’clock.”

“Yeah, I’m nocturnal. So who’s place first?”

“Patience”

 

Mysterious, magnificent, ancient, dark forest surround them chatting, laughing and squealing in excited anticipation like a bunch of crazy teenage girls. Ok they are girly teenagers but that’s not all they are…   “Ok Patience pitch the tent, Mercy collect firewood, Peachy organise food and drinks, Sage go dig a dunny and I’ll unpack the equipment,” Violet the slightly supercilious unofficial director of the cavern give the orders. “Don’t you mean the alter?” Mercy resents Violet’s false sense of authority.

“No, shut up Mercy, what if someone hears you? Uh, what do you think will happen? Seriously watch your mouth!”

“Firstly, I can’t watch my mouth, it’s physically impossible and second who the hell do you think is going to hear us, we are in the middle of the forest, that’s why we choose to come here so we don’t have to worry about being caught and for god’s sakes they would think we were Christians not witches; honestly get a brain that works.”

“You evil Satanist,” Violet was furious.

“Ooooh thanks, you noticed.”

Violet just stood there starring at her in rage then Mercy just walked off, pleased.

“Where the hell do you think your going?!?” Violet screamed at her.

“To collect firewood, like you told me to, got a problem with that?”

Violet fell silent and they quickly started to set up camp, no one wanting to be the next to speak.

 

Dancing away to the music around a blazing fire the light flickering in the green darkness, the cavern celebrates their freedom. The music became quiet and they all crowed around the fire and did the girliest thing in the world, gossip. Then came the dreaded famous words “Truth or Dare?” Mercy had asked Violet in a hope that she might choose dare. Violet stared at Mercy sensing an alternative motive then she announced her cowardly decision “Truth.” Mercy was expecting that so she was prepared for it with one very intrusive question “who do you plan to loose your virginity too,” that should make her crack. “What sort of question is that?” Violet demanded in furious shock.

“Well it aint rhetorical.”

“Well your not going to get an answer.”

“Ok then a dare it is, so I guess you’ll will just have to have sex with Steven by the end of the term.”

“No way, fine I’ll answer the question,” she was outraged, “Patrick.”

“Ooooh la la,” Mercy teased.

“Mercy, truth or dare?”

“Truth, be-arch,” as if Mercy would trust Violet with a dare.

“Are you a virgin and if not who did you have sex with?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know, well I gone further then you.”

“I just answered your question, answer mine.”

“I did.”

“How?”

“Mysteriously.”

“Ok then, let’s start with the spells,” Sage suggested to stop them from fighting again.

 

The candles were lit and the witchcraft began. “Well I don’t know about you but I think we should do something about Aria,” Peachy had announce the victim and now the spell is to be chosen. “Why don’t we do a lemon curse?” Mercy really thought that the dark magic was necessary. “No we don’t need to curse her let’s just do a banishing spell,” Violet never wants to curse anyone. “A banishing spell is still dark magic,” Mercy retorted. “Sorry Violet, but she needs to be stop and not just from hurting me, a lemon curse should do it,” Peachy didn’t like using dark magic but it wasn’t that dark.

 

A cavern of witch around a blazing fire, in the dark forest, nailing lemons with nails the anger rose with each nail radiating from them in pulses of dark magic.

 

Part 2

“Hey you’ll,” Mercy screamed as she jumped in front of her friends. It was just like every other Monday school and homework til… flames rose up in a black cloud of smoke the screams of innocent girls squealing their lungs out. They ran out of the house to be met with a horrific site, the forest burning in black flames and a dragon of darkness it’s eye full of pure hatred burning through them like poison. They formed a circle and chanted a song of protection

“Protect thee in Diana’s name

by thous word

it shall be done, it shall be done, it shall be done!”

The wind wiped them into the air and Mercy stormed forward paralysing the dragon in her dark magic, drew her Athame striking it through the dragon’s cold dead heart.

 

“What the hell, you’re a witch!!!” screamed some rude irritating girls in Mercy’s class; the cavern ran. “We need to do a forget my secret spell, now!” Violet stated the obvious however Mercy had other plans…

 

Sarah finally slipped away from her crowd and turned the corner to see Mercy, terror fill her body depriving her the ability to move. “Oh hey, well we both know what you saw Monday night so don’t even try lying. Will you tell any?”

“No,” was all that could escape from her trembling lips.

“Oh well then I guess I don’t have to kill you then but what would be the fun in that?” as Mercy was saying this as she pulled out her Athame (magic dagger) and a voodoo doll cutting the sigil of Lilith Herodias over and over again until Sarah was crying in pain. “It will be quick if you sell me your spirit and soul,” Mercy wanted to play with her friends.

“Take my soul and spirit just as long as you stop the pain,” Sarah couldn’t stand it any longer. “Oh, your too kind,” those where the last words Sarah would ever hear the Athame moved up and drew the sign of evil on her throat killing her instantly.

 

“Oh hey Sarah, what did that loser want?”

“Hey Lucy she just wanted to shut me up about yesterday,” Mercy replied as Sarah.

“We should really do something about those witches.”

“Yeah, we need some gossip! Oh I just remembered, Violet is going to loose her virginity to Patrick by the end of term, the s**t,” Mercy made a daring grin and marched away to destroy her friends from the inside out, in her new body.

 

Sage was so upset she confronted Mercy thinking she was Sarah “Why must you make us feel depressed to make yourself feel better, Sarah?”

“It’s not that it makes me feel better, it’s seeing you and your pathetic friends feeling miserable it’s entertaining,” a wicked smile appeared on Sarah’s face.

“You’re the spawn of Satan,” Sage screamed in fury. Then suddenly she realised who she was talking to “Mercy?” Sage asked in a quivering voice of terror. “See you in hell Sage,

Fall down below

where plants can never grow

In my dungeon so dark

May thy end be stark

Shalt it be, shalt it be, shalt it be,” Sage was covered in darkness, surrounding her trapping her and drawing her into the ground and like that she was gone…

 

Leaping shadows surround her threating to consume her soul; chained to a damp wall in complete darkness Sage awaited her fate. A dark shadowy figure suddenly appeared in the darkness, hatred radiated her like heat; Mercy had come.

“What a pity, I wanted to keep you alive a little longer. Your just so cute and nice I thought you deserved a bit of mercy. Oh well your soul will be the prettiest.”

“Mercy, what happened to you?”

“Self discovery maybe, don’t know, don’t care.”

“You were my best friend…” Sage tears sparkled when rolling done her cheek.

“Still am, neither of us is dead, yet,” Mercy wrapped her arms around Sage lovingly and lightly kissed her cheek.

“What are you doing with me?”

“Looks like someone needs Patience.”

“No, Don’t not her too!”

“Threat not child her time hath not come. Love ya,” Mercy slowly strode towards the door each step deliberate and precise. Pausing in the threshold she glazed back, “miss me.”

© 2016 Isabella Dewynter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi, I'm Bryan, most people call me Bryan the Dark and the title is idiomatic.

I'm pagan, and dark and light exist in me to extreme degrees, so mote it be.

If you ever have questions about the actual faith let me know.

Hope to see more from you :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabella Dewynter

8 Years Ago

I became a pagan after starting this story. I did some research on witchcraft and paganism as I didn.. read more
Alucard6336

8 Years Ago

My books also have both male and female pagans in it and are fair representations and are meant to b.. read more
Isabella Dewynter

8 Years Ago

Thanks Bryan for your comment and I hope to hear from you again! :)



Reviews

I like where this is going. Your premise and characters are compelling. However, it would benefit from a redraft. There are punctuation errors and some of your dialogue feels a little stilted. Even so, I see a lot of potential here.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabella Dewynter

8 Years Ago

Thanks so much for telling me your opinion. I am actually in the process of redrafting this story no.. read more
Hi, I'm Bryan, most people call me Bryan the Dark and the title is idiomatic.

I'm pagan, and dark and light exist in me to extreme degrees, so mote it be.

If you ever have questions about the actual faith let me know.

Hope to see more from you :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Isabella Dewynter

8 Years Ago

I became a pagan after starting this story. I did some research on witchcraft and paganism as I didn.. read more
Alucard6336

8 Years Ago

My books also have both male and female pagans in it and are fair representations and are meant to b.. read more
Isabella Dewynter

8 Years Ago

Thanks Bryan for your comment and I hope to hear from you again! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2016
Last Updated on February 5, 2016

Author

Isabella Dewynter
Isabella Dewynter

Gold Coast, QLD, Australia



About
I am a Queensland university student- I am currently studying creative writing and literature, however, I did engineering for a semester. I mostly write short-stories and poetry although, I make an ef.. more..

Writing