Chapter 23: Graduation Day

Chapter 23: Graduation Day

A Chapter by Shin

                        After the prom night, the party is in the school lockers putting their graduation gowns on, Yumi remarks. “Finally gonna finish high school.”

            “It all happened so fast.” Hisana comments.

            “Yeah, it feels like we started high school just the other day.” Seshiro says.

            “Well, I wasn’t too long with you guys, but it was worth it.” Kyoshi nods.

            “Damn, I’m missing school girl skirts already.” Lloyd says as he sighs.

            “Yeah…” Kirisu says in a low sad voice.

            “Something wrong Kirisu?” Kazumi asks concerned.

            “No, nothing at all.” Kirisu answers.

            “Anyways, let’s get going, we don’t wanna be late.” Yumi says.

            “Right.” Everyone nods.

                        They go to the auditorium; all the graduates sit in the front seats. One by one are being called to step up stage to give their diplomas. After the party obtains their diplomas along with the rest of the graduates everyone begins to run outside and throw their graduation gown hats upward.

            “Oh s**t! You guys graduated!” Lloyd says thrilled.

            “You too silly.” Yumi says coldly.

            “Hahaha.” Kirisu chuckles.

            “Whooooo!!! Party at my place!!!” Shawny shouts running around.

            “Cool, I don’t know about you guys, but I want to go to Shawny’s house!” Lloyd says.

            “Sounds like fun.” Kyoshi says.

            “We’ll have to tie Shawny somewhere and party like crazy.” Seshiro says with a slight smile.

            “And then have crazy Eurenian sex?” Yumi asks sarcastically staring at everyone with narrow eyes.

            “Huh?” Hisana shakes her head no.

            “Dude, I totally wanna go!” Kirisu says energized.

            “Humph… okay, I’m going as well.” Kazumi says.

            “We’re also gonna have a local rock band at my place!” Shawny says still running around.

            “That’s it, I’m going for sure!” Lloyd says raising his left hand upward almost jumping.

                        The whole party goes to Shawny’s, the band begins to sing, Lloyd rapidly gets on the stage and begins to sing. “Shawny doesn’t know that his girl and me do it my van every Sunday!!!”

            “Huh?” Shawny in shock holding his beer and staring at Lloyd.

            “Hahaha.” Kirisu laughs uncontrollably.

                        Yumi swiftly gets on the stage and shouts. “Get off the stage, let them sing or else!”

            “Ughh, this isn’t where I parked my car…” Lloyd gets off, the party then begins to talk. “Ahhh, this is getting boring now.” Lloyd sighs.

            “It’s always been boring.” Hisana states.

            “How about we leave?” Kirisu suggests.

            “Alright.” Kazumi replies.

                        The party leaves to their houses, nighttime falls, Kirisu invites Kazumi to the park, she arrives and sees Kirisu sitting down in one of the benches all spaced out.

            “Something on your mind?” Kazumi asks walking towards him.

            “Well, kind of.” Kirisu answers looking up to her.

            “You’ve been down since this afternoon at the graduation.” Kazumi remarks sitting next to Kirisu.

            “Well yeah, I’m just kinda depressed.” Kirisu states.

            “What’s going on? Why do you have your bag?” Kazumi asks looking at Kirisu’s bag.

            “I’m not going to hide anything, I have to go.” Kirisu says boldly staring into Kazumi’s eyes.

            “What? Why?” Kazumi asks with wide eyes.

            “I’m sorry.” Kirisu says gently putting his hand close to her face and says. “Kazumi, I love you and I can’t imagine my life without you.”

            “Kirisu, I love you too, with all my heart.” Kazumi says holding Kirisu’s hand tightly.

            “But even though I feel like this, I have to go.” Kirisu says lowering his head.

            “I can’t understand why, I don’t get it…” Kazumi says.

            “I don’t want to, but I have to, you’ll never see me again.” Kirisu unable to hold anymore of this lets go of her hands and leaves, he runs as hard as he can. As he runs a truck blocks his way, the back door opens, abruptly Naty, Kirisu’s sister comes out with some Gen-Exis soldiers.

            “So, you ready to leave?” Naty asks.

            “Did you think these soldiers were going to stop me?” Kirisu asks looking at the armed soldiers.

            “No, they are just escorting me here and back.” Naty explains.

            “… Where’s Hizer?” Kirisu asks.

            “He’s back at the base waiting for your return, so hop on, let’s go.” Naty says signaling the soldiers.

                        The soldiers put some handcuffs on Kirisu; he looks at Naty and asks. “And these?”

            “Just a procedure.” Naty replies.

                        Kirisu doesn’t notice that Kazumi is watching from a distance, Kazumi sees as the Gen-Exis soldiers hand cuffs him and put him inside the truck. The truck takes off, Kazumi makes a very worried expression and asks. “Oh no… Gen-Exis soldiers took him, why? Did he do something to them? Kirisu was hiding something from me, I knew it! I have to tell the others.

                        Meanwhile Seshiro is packing his bag in his apartment and grabs his big sword.

            “I’m going to find you, Keisuro, be certain of that.”

                        Seshiro writes a note to his friends in front of the door and leaves his apartment and begins to leave the city.

            “I’m sorry guys, but this is something I have to do.” Seshiro says looking back at the city and leaving while Kazumi goes to Hisana’s apartment to tell her everything that has happened.

            “Hisana, open up!” Kazumi shouts knocking on the door.

                        Hisana opens the door and asks calmly. “What’s up?”

            “Kirisu, he was taken by Gen-Exis soldiers in a truck!” Kazumi says nervously.

            “What!? Let’s go to Seshiro’s place, I bet he can help!” Hisana says grabbing the keys from a table next to the door.

            “Right!” Kazumi says.

                        As soon as they arrive at Seshiro’s place they find the note that he left in front of his door.

            “Huh?” Hisana ponders staring at the note.

            “What’s it say?” Kazumi asks worried.

                        Once Hisana touches Seshiro’s note she suddenly faints and has a vision of Seshiro entering a fortress with some people she can’t see clearly and a missile being shot from an unknown base.

            “Huh? You alright Hisana?” Kazumi asks worriedly.

            “Yeah, I just had a vision of Seshiro going in somewhere and a missile being launched.” Hisana answers.

            “Missile?” Kazumi asks confused.

            “Yeah, anyways, Seshiro’s note read. “Good by everyone, I’m not sure when I’ll be back, just wait for me.”…” Hisana says out loud.

            “Oh God, I can’t believe it, two missing already, let’s check on Yumi and Lloyd.” Kazumi says leaving quickly with Hisana towards Lloyd’s apartment.

                        Lloyd is talking with his mother in the living room. “As I was saying, I’m really considering on going on my motorcycle around the world you know, I want to explore, I don’t want to stay all cooped up here.”

            “That’s all good and everything, but you have no money, and going out there alone is just too risky, at least take a friend or two.” Lilly suggests.

            “Hey, I do have money; I have my life’s savings in the bank, over a few grand.” Lloyd replies.

            “Well yeah, you are very lucky your Yusuke has given you a lot of money.” Lilly says.

            “Yeah, lucky me, it almost seems like my master is like my dad.” Lloyd scoffs.

                        All of a sudden Kazumi and Hisana knock on the door.

            “I’ll get it.” Lilly says about to stand up.

            “No mom, I’ll get it, no worries, you just stay there and wait for me.” Lloyd says standing up.

            “Okay sweetheart, I’ll be waiting here.” Lilly says looking at a TV program.

                        Lloyd opens the door and asks. “What the hell are you two doing here?”

            “Lloyd, its Kirisu and Seshiro!” Kazumi says desperately.

            “What? They’re totally gay for each other? Tell me something I don’t know.” Lloyd jests.

            “Seriously Lloyd, Seshiro left the city and Kirisu was taken by Gen-Exis soldiers!” Hisana explains quickly.

            “What? Wait a minute, start from the beginning.” Lloyd says.

            “That is the beginning, we know no more!” Kazumi says very anxious.

            “Do the others know?” Lloyd asks.

            “Not yet, we were about to go to Yumi and Kyoshi’s place as well, we need all the help we can get.” Hisana says.

            “Mom, I’ll be here in a while, wait for me.” Lloyd says.

            “Alright, take care, don’t be late.” Lilly says still watching TV.

                        Lloyd and the girls swiftly go to Yumi’s house. Lloyd rings the door bell, Yumi answers the door.

            “Lloyd! You better don’t be playing any jokes on me or I swear I’ll- Huh? Hisana? Kazumi? What are you all doing here?” Yumi asks.

            “Yumi! It’s an emergency!” Lloyd says apprehensively.

            “Seshiro left and Kirisu was taken!” Kazumi says worried.

            “Taken?” Yumi asks.

            “By Gen-Exis soldiers!” Hisana says slightly alarmed.

            “We’ll explain more on the way; let’s go to Kyoshi’s place!” Lloyd says.

                        They quickly leave towards Kyoshi’s place, after they arrive they knock on his door, Kyoshi answers the door. Everyone looks at Kyoshi’s head.

            “Ughh, Kyoshi, why are you in boxers and with a thong on your head?” Lloyd asks pointing at Kyoshi’s head.

            “Oh, nothing.” Kyoshi takes the thong off his head and asks. “What’s up? Why are you all here at this time of the night?”

            “Seshiro went missing and Kirisu was taken by some Gen-Exis soldiers.” Lloyd replies rapidly.

            “Huh? We gotta do something!” Kyoshi says concerned.

            “Yeah, but first put some clothes on and give that thong back to Shizuru, she’s gonna need it.” Lloyd says.

                        Kyoshi lets them in his apartment in order to plan things out.

            “What should we do?” Kazumi asks worried.

            “I don’t know.” Hisana says very calm.

            “Wouldn’t it be easier if you infiltrate one of Gen-Exis bases and checked a local computer to look for him?” Shizuru asks uninterested.

            “You been watching one too many spy movies.” Yumi comments.

            “I’m just trying to help you damned human.” Shizuru says annoyed.

            “Maybe it would be best if we separated and started to look for Seshiro first.” Kyoshi suggests.

            “Yes, he’s going somewhere I’ve never seen.” Hisana says.

            “Huh? How do you know that?” Lloyd asks.

            “I had a vision of him walking inside a fortress that is surrounded by snow.” Hisana answers.

                        Lloyd’s eyes widen and begin to contemplate over something.

            “Kirisu’s the problem; it’ll be difficult to search for him within Gen-Exis.” Yumi remarks.

            “Hey, I got an idea!” Kazumi says.

            “What?” Yumi asks.

            “If we can find Zero, he can find Kirisu! Remember that he can find peoples scents!” Kazumi says pumped up.

            “That’s right!” Lloyd says.

            “Alright, we’ll have to divide in groups.” Kyoshi says.

            “Humph…” Hisana ponders.

            “I’ll look for Seshiro along with Shizuru, what about the rest of you?” Kyoshi asks looking at the party.

            “I want to look for Kirisu, but I guess I’ll have to find Zero in order to find Kirisu.” Kazumi says shrugging her shoulders.

            “Humph… it’s not like I really care about any of those humans, but since Kyoshi is going then I’ll have to go, anyways, if we’re going to look for Seshiro then we might as well find Zero as well. It’ll be better for me, Kyoshi, Hisana and Kazumi to find Seshiro and Zero.” Shizuru explains.

            “What about us?” Yumi asks.

            “Let’s make two search parties, me and Yumi will primarily look for Zero, while you guys look for Seshiro first and Zero if you meet find him first, anyways, everyone, use your cell phones, we’re gonna need it big time.” Lloyd explains.

            “I’m trusting you all have some money if you want to travel, use trains, cabs, anything to find them quicker.” Yumi says taking out a credit card. “My dad’s.”

            “Okay.” Everyone says in unison.

            “Over and out, huh?” Lloyd asks.

            “What’s wrong?” Yumi asks.

            “It’s just that I normally wouldn’t say something like over and out, anyways, it doesn’t matter, I must be getting crazy, forget it.”  Lloyd says.

                        Kazumi and Yumi goes to tell their parents about the situation, of course, they don’t agree, but they leave anyways, Lloyd and Yumi goes back to his apartment to tell Lilly.

            “Mom, there’s something going on, Seshiro left, some soldiers took Kirisu and we’re off to find where they are.” Lloyd explains quickly.

            “Lloyd, you should leave things like this to the police.” Lilly says.

            “I have no time to explain mom, I’ll be leaving right now.” Lloyd says.

            “Lloyd wait, I’ve never been such a demanding mother, but if you go at least visit Yusuke, he might be able to help.” Lilly says.

            “Will do.” Lloyd nods.

                        Lilly kisses Lloyd on the cheek and hugs him tightly, Lloyd then get’s his sword and leaves with Yumi on his motorcycle.

            “Yumi.” Lloyd says.

            “What?” Yumi asks.

            “You got your whip sword?” Lloyd asks.

            “Yeah, it’s detached in my bag, why do you ask?” Yumi asks.

            “I just have a feeling we might need them.” Lloyd says.

                        Meanwhile Naty is talking with Kirisu on the truck;

            “I’m sorry brother, but you have to come back.” Naty says.

            “…” Kirisu stares at the floor of the truck.

            “Hey soldier, don’t drive so fast, don’t you know we’re passing by a military base in a region we’re not supposed to pass by.” Naty says.

            “Then why are we passing through here Ma’am?” The driver asks.

            “It’s the shortest way back to our base.” Naty replies.

                        Suddenly in the base of that region some soldiers pick up the truck on their radar.

            “Captain, take a look at this!” A soldier sitting in front of some monitors and expensive technological equipment says.

            “Humph… A truck? Just as that man, Kuzan informed us, a Gen-Exis truck will pass by this region.” The Captain says.

            “Our cameras have spotted it; it seems it’s one of Gen-Exis military trucks as expected.” The soldier says.

            “They’re probably plotting something against our base; I want you to deploy a missile at the truck and fire. They think they can mess with us huh, I’ll show you.” The captain says angrily.

                        One of the hatches of the base opens, they fire a missile directly to the truck, it gets closer and closer until it hits and blows up the truck. In the rubbles left by the truck the Gen-Exis soldier’s limbs and body parts are laying on the road, Naty is the only one that’s alive, but badly hurt, she’s lying on the ground and staring at the rubble with blood falling on her right eye from her head.

            “Uhhh… Damn… Where’s brother?! No! He’s-” She looks at all the soldiers’ limbs and body parts. “Brother!!!” Naty yells.

                        As Naty mourns Kirisu’s tragic death, Seshiro is walking on a road lost in thought. “Where should I start to look for him exactly… I mean, he’s from Gen-Exis, so it won’t be so simple… Maybe if I somehow infiltrate Gen-Exis, but how? …… Maybe join their ranks; it’ll be much easier to find him.”

                        Seshiro keeps walking; the split party is ready to depart from Lemuria on to their journey to find and save their friends, they all reunite at the city entrance.

            “Alright, this is where we split.” Kyoshi says.

            “Lloyd and I will look for Zero in Megalis first hand, and then we’ll head towards Xordania if we don’t manage to find Zero.” Yumi says.

            “I guess the fastest way to get to Xordania for us is via the sub-way station.” Hisana says.

            “We’ll head there now, so take care you guys.” Kazumi says.

            “Yeah, back at ya.” Lloyd says.

                        Lloyd and Yumi heads out towards Megalis on Lloyd’s motorcycle while Kyoshi and his party head towards the sub-way station to buy tickets for Xordania. As Lloyd and Yumi travel along the road towards Megalis Seshiro who is on the same road decides to lie down and rest on the corner of the road.

            “Better take a break before continuing, the road ahead of me is long, first stop Megalis, then Xordania. Reminds me why I didn’t take the sub-way station or a cab, heh, I forgot I have this huge sword with me, hahaha.” Seshiro says to himself staring at his sword.

                        All of a sudden Yumi and Lloyd pass by Seshiro at full speed and don’t even see him on the side of the road.

            “Huh? Was that? Lloyd? Yumi? What the hell?” Seshiro asks to himself with widen eyes in disbelief.

                        As Yumi and Lloyd keep on their way Yumi says. “Umm… Lloyd, I think I saw a man back there.”

            “Huh? It must be some bum.” Lloyd says.

            “What if it was Seshiro?” Yumi asks.

            “He would’ve signaled us that is was him.” Lloyd says.

            “Hmm… good point, but now that I think about it, it couldn’t have been that long since he left, there IS a possibility that was him don’t you think?” Yumi asks.

            “Ahh damn it! Okay, I’m heading back.” Lloyd says annoyed.

                        Lloyd and Yumi head back, they suddenly see a dark figure from a distance. When they get closer they notice it really is Seshiro.

            “I told you it might be Seshiro you dumbass!” Yumi says angrily.

            “I came turned back didn’t I?” Lloyd asks pissed off.

            “Guys, why are you here?” Seshiro asks curiously.

            “That’s what we wanna know, why did you leave?” Lloyd asks.

            “I have to take care of something.” Seshiro answers.

            “You can tell us what it is, I mean, we’ve been friends for years.” Yumi says.

            “Humph…  I’m looking for someone.” Seshiro says.

            “Who?” Lloyd asks.

            “I forgot I only explained Zero, Shou and Kyoshi about my past, I’ll have to explain to you guys what’s happening.” Seshiro says, he then retells his story. “When I was young I used to train with my adoptive father which was my master as well, his name was Satoshi, he trained me and another boy named Keisuro, war began, my master was nowhere to be found and Keisuro appeared, but he had betrayed me and my master and left with Gen-Exis, I have a score to settle with him.”

            “I guess that happens a lot.” Yumi says.

            “A lot of traitors around.” Lloyd says.

            “Yeah…” Seshiro sighs.

            “So you want revenge on Keisuro that badly?” Yumi asks.

            “Not just that, I want to know why he did it, and what happened to my master.” Seshiro says.

            “Oh, that Satoshi fella?” Lloyd says.

            “Yeah, I need to do this.” Seshiro responds.

            “We understand.” Yumi says.

            “But you could’ve just told us, we could help you.” Lloyd says.

            “This is between me and him, I didn’t want to drag you guys, messing with Keisuro now means messing with Gen-Exis, and that’ll cause you many problems.” Seshiro says lowering his head.

            “True, but we’re not just going to stay with our arms crossed.” Yumi says placing her right hand on Seshiro’s left shoulder.

            “I have an idea…” Lloyd says.

            “What?” Seshiro asks puzzled.

            “… this is top secret, I mean really secret, I’ve hidden this from you guys because it’s something I’m really, really not supposed to tell you or anyone.” Lloyd says.

            “Hurry up and spit it.” Yumi says coldly.

            “We can go to the snowy region of this continent, Laska, there we’ll find a hidden fortress called Fort Heim, and in the Fort Heim there’s a teleport device.” Lloyd says.

            “Teleport? Is that even possible? I mean, where does it teleport you?” Seshiro asks warily.

            “To the Elven city on the skies, Edenheim.” Lloyd replies.

            “Edenheim?” Yumi asks.

            “You mean like the one in the fairy tales?” Seshiro asks disbelievingly.

            “Dude, it’s no fairytale! My master lives there.” Lloyd says persistently.

            “Your master?” Yumi asks.

            “Yeah, my martial arts master as well as sword master, his name is Yusuke, the fortress is heavily guarded by Elves.” Lloyd answers.

            “Then how are we going to get inside?” Seshiro asks.

            “I can easily get inside; I have an Elven seal on the right side of my neck.” Lloyd says.

            “Let me see!” Yumi says pulling down his shirt slightly trying to see the seal..

            “It’s not visible to human eyes; only Elves are able to see it, I was marked when my master took me to Edenheim to train.” Lloyd says.

            “How is it like up there?” Seshiro asks curiously.

            “Very, very advanced, much more than down here.” Lloyd replies.

            “What about us? Can we pass?” Yumi asks.

            “No, you don’t have the Elven seals.” Lloyd answers.

            “I’m not gonna freeze to death outside waiting for you, be sure of that.” Seshiro says calmly.

            “No, no, in the teleport device there’s a room, that’s where I got my Elven seal, it’s some kind of magical machine, all you have to do is stand in front of it and get marked on the neck.” Lloyd explains.

            “But we’ll have to sneak in right?” Yumi asks.

            “Yeah…” Lloyd nods.

            “But how do we get there?” Seshiro asks.

            “I’ll have to park my motorcycle somewhere in Megalis, then we’ll take a cab to get us as close as possible to the Laska region where there’s a ski shop near it. We rent some vehicles, there’s no road in that region and it’ll take us at least a day and a half if we’re using the vehicles, by foot would be way longer.” Lloyd.

            “I see… ” Seshiro.

            “Hey, but what about finding Zero?” Yumi asks.

            “Call Kazumi and tell her that we found Seshiro and that they should look for Zero instead.” Lloyd says.

            “Alright.” Yumi nods taking out her cell phone and calling Kazumi, the phone rings and Kazumi answers. “Kazumi?” Yumi asks.

            “Yeah, did you find Zero?” Kazumi asks.

            “Uhh no, but we did find Seshiro.” Yumi says.

            “Really? That’s great!” Kazumi excited.

            “Yeah, but you should now focus on searching for Zero.” Yumi says.

            “Well, it’s only fair; you found Seshiro, so now we’ll look for Zero.” Kazumi remarks.

            “Yeah.” Yumi says.

            “But how do we start?” Kazumi asks.

            “Humph… I’m not sure, you should discuss that with the rest, I have to go now.” Yumi says.

            “Where to?” Kazumi asks.

            “I’ll tell you later, but we’ll also be searching for Zero soon enough.” Yumi replies.


© 2013 Shin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh damn i wonder if kirisu is dead or not, that elven seal on lloyd is pretty interesting, i wanna know about yusuke,hope eh appears soon, great chap man, keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

488 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2013

Elemental Ascension


Author

Shin
Shin

Hartford, CT



About
I love to write and draw, not much other than that. Elemental Ascension creation date: September 10th, 2004 Contest Awards: A New Fantasy Era Contest: 1st - Elemental Ascension - Jul 19, 201.. more..

Writing
Chapter 03: Origin Chapter 03: Origin

A Chapter by Shin