Chapter 30: ¿Truth or Lie?

Chapter 30: ¿Truth or Lie?

A Chapter by Shin

                        Seshiro’s party reaches a nearby city up in the north, but no people are on sight anywhere.

            “We’re here, but why does this city seem so… secluded?” Kazumi asks looking around.

            “This city is controlled by Gen-Exis, the commander himself is the governor.” Hisana states.

            “How do you know that?” Seshiro asks.

            “Uggh, well, I’ve done research I guess…” Hisana replies nervously.

                        Seshiro frowns. “Strange, you can’t know of such a thing just by researching…”

            “Let’s just keep moving on, Kirisu might be trapped in the base or something.” Hisana says walking ahead.

            “Right, let’s check it out.” Kazumi says following Hisana.

                        As they begin to walk Seshiro stops and asks. “Do you both feel it?”

                        Hisana and Kazumi nods.

            “I’ve felt this Spirit Force before…” Hisana comments.

            “Seems like I finally found you… Kuzan Fardeth.” Seshiro says, his expression changing to anger.

            “So this is his Spirit Force, it’s not something I would particularly say high; he has an average amount of Spirit Force.” Hisana remarks.

            “So we have more than him?” Kazumi asks.

            “We do, but he makes up for it in battle skills and agility.” Seshiro states.

            “Right, the battlefield is never exactly as logic suggests, a person can get lucky at times.” Hisana comments.

            “You sound as if you were in a war or something.” Kazumi says/

            “Well no, but I’ve seen a few battles here and there, without mentioning my own battles, but they were just a few.” Hisana remarks.

                        Seshiro keeps silent, they kept walking until they reach the base; they sneak in the back where a huge heliport is.

            “It’s not heavily guarded, luckily.” Hisana says observing the area.

            “Not so lucky.” A familiar voice says.

                        The party looks behind them and widen their eyes; to their surprise, it is none other than Kuzan accompanied by Zelcius.

            “Kuzan!” Seshiro says shocked.

            “Seems like you memorized my name, hehehe, so, you still think I killed your little friend?” Kuzan asks.

            “Hitomi… You b*****d!” Seshiro shouts charging towards Kuzan, when unexpectedly some red bulky gigantic demons with sharp claws, wild hair, and two long black horns growing from their heads wearing loincloths and wielding big iron clubs attack Seshiro from above, but Hisana jumps in the air and slices them into pieces.

            “Kuzan, we shouldn’t waste our time on these humans.” Zelcius says.

            “Chill out Zelcius, geez, let me have some fun for once; I haven’t been in a fight in a while now, cut me some slack will ya.” Kuzan says.

            “Fine, I’ll be sure to watch your battle from a distance, and don’t you think I’m going to help you if you get beat up.” Zelcius remarks.

            “What kind a friend are you?” Kuzan asks.

            “Friends? Ha! Don’t get conceited.” Zelcius says.

            “How about a little help from some of your demons? It sucks when it’s three on one don’t you think?” Kuzan asks.

            “Fine, so be it, war lusting Oni’s, come forth.” Zelcius says raising his arm making a red pentagram appear from above Kuzan, releasing many demons of the same type as before at the party. “Done, you better hurry or I swear I’ll let you here to die.”

            “Whatever.” Kuzan says uncaringly.

                        Seshiro already holding his Zweihander gets ready, Hisana turns her Altergun into a gun, and Kazumi draws her two desert eagle caster guns. Seshiro keeps cleaving the demons one by one and in some cases a few at a time. Hisana moves swiftly firing away with her Altergun, Kazumi keeps kicking all the demons from close range and using elemental attacks with her guns.

                        Meanwhile Amarth is still flying towards the party.

            “They started the battle.” Shizuru says.

            “Crap! Amarth, please hurry, we need to get there quickly!” Kyoshi says anxiously.

            “I’m already flying as fast as I can, so a little patience would be better; we’ll be there in about ten minutes or so.” Amarth explains.

            “Oh well.” Shizuru shrugs her shoulders.

                        Amarth keeps on flying at a fast pace, as Luna wakes up in a bed in the castle.

            “Ugh, where is everyone?” Luna asks holding her head.

                        Luna stands up and walks to the castle lobby where everyone excluding Venart and Yusuke are.

            “Hey, the sleeping beauty woke up.” Lloyd says jokingly.

                        Yumi hit Lloyd’s rib with her elbow.

            “What? Sheesh.” Lloyd says annoyed.

            “Finally up huh, you were out for a little while.” Zero remarks.

            “Where’s Venart?” Luna asks.

            “He and Yusuke are speaking with the king.” Yumi answers.

            “I knew I was right about Zaphyr.” Luna comments.

            “Seems so, she had your father under her control and with that, the kingdom.” Yumi says.

            “All is good now.” Zero says with a grin.

                        Yusuke appears and calls everyone to the throne room, everyone heads there, they see the king of Edenheim alongside Venart.

            “Luna, you’re back!” King Aelfric says joyfully.

            “Father!’ Luna runs towards her father and hugs him.

            “Thank you, all of you; if it wasn’t for you people I still would’ve been under the oracles control.” King Aelfric says with relief.

            “Father, I told you, but you didn’t listen to me, that why I left.” Luna says.

            “I’m sorry dear Luna; it’s just that I was clouded by her wisdom and charm.” King Aelfric admits shamefully.

            “Well you guys should hurry and reach your friends.” Yusuke says.

            “Yeah, I’ll help you guys look for Kirisu.” Zero says.

            “… I’m going too.” Luna says after hesitating.

            “What? Luna! But-” King Aelfric is cut off by Luna. “Father, I promised I would help this man, Zero, he helped me a lot, and now it’s time to repay the favor.”

            “Princess, you must not, you belong here.” Venart says.

            “I already made up my mind; I’m going no matter what you two say, I won’t even listen to Judai either.” Luna says determined.

            “There’s no stopping this one, believe me.” Zero remarks.

            “What is that supposed to mean?” Luna asks angrily.

            “Stubborn as always.” Venart says.

            “I do not approve, but I cannot stop you either.” King Aelfric says.

            “Yeah, let’s go then, bye father, I’ll be back in a while.” Luna says walking towards Zero.

            “I believe a while could be more than we think.” Venart comments.

            “We must hurry; I’ve been feeling the battle that’s going on below.” Yusuke states.

            “I’ve been feeling it too, they’re in danger.” Yumi says.

            “Kyoshi’s pretty close though.” Lloyd says.

            “Not close enough.” Zero says.

            “Let’s hurry; you won’t make it in time at this rate. I will teleport you now; I hope you make it in time.” Venart says raising his right arm and a blue light surrounds the party as they swiftly disappear. Meanwhile the fight goes on, Kuzan rapidly rushes in the fight and begins attacking Seshiro, but Seshiro is having a hard time because he is evading Kuzan’s swift deadly attacks while dodging the demons as well. Kazumi goes in and takes out the demons troubling Seshiro as to let him concentrate on Kuzan, Hisana and Kazumi keep most of the demons busy. Seshiro keeps using his sword speedily despite the weight, Kuzan is having some trouble trying to hit Seshiro. Kuzan then backs away from Seshiro and says. “How about a handicap?”

            “Huh?” Seshiro looks at Kuzan confused.

                        Kuzan’s right cheek dark tattoo is suddenly missing, when abruptly Seshiro blocks another Kuzan coming from above while then barely blocking the other Kuzan.

            “What the? Two Kuzan’s?” Seshiro asks puzzled.

            “Hehehe, that’s right, two of us!” Kuzan says smiling.

            “But how?” Seshiro asks still shocked.

            “You see, this tattoo of mine was not just for show, it gives me the power to make another me, but don’t worry; we’ll try not to mess you up too much!” Kuzan explains.

                        Seshiro hastily jumps up in midair and lands thrusting the ground with his sword making many ice stalagmites come out from the ground, but the Kuzan’s are able to swiftly dodge Seshiro’s attack.

            “Damn!” Seshiro stands his ground.

            “Hisana!” Kazumi shouts.

            “Yeah, he’s in trouble, but we can’t just go and help him, we’re pretty tied with these many demons, they just keep popping up.” Hisana says from afar.

            “But we have to do something!” Kazumi says making a roundhouse kick towards a demon.

            “I guess I’m better off fighting only a few at a time, but these many is just ridiculous!” Hisana says slicing one of the demons in half.

            “They’re weak, but they’re too many!” Kazumi says jumping over one of the demons and shooting its head with an explosive round that blows him up to pieces.

                        Zelcius looking at the battle from a distance and thinks to himself. “Why am I putting up for his childishness, seems like little Kuzan had a trick up his sleeve, though I think more demons would help end things much faster, so I’ll just summon some more to put an end to this silly battle.”

                        Many more demons keep coming out of the pentagram; Kazumi and Hisana have way too many demons on their hands. Seshiro is at disadvantage against Kuzan, and they have no hope to survive this battle. Both Kuzan’s charge at the same time with Seshiro unguarded, a very strong Spirit Force can be felt; it is very strong indeed, but not enough to make them stagger.

            “What the?” Kuzan asks.

            “This is?” Seshiro says cutting himself off.

                        Unexpectedly a dark spear pierces one of the Kuzan’s; he melts away in a dark substance and reappears next to the other Kuzan. At the same time, the same dark spears pierces all the Oni’s that Hisana and Kazumi are fighting against. Kazumi widens her eyes in amazement, everyone looks up the Gen-Exis building to see a familiar figure standing holding a sword.

            “Missed me?”The familiar person asks.

            “Kirisu!” Kazumi shouts happily.

                        Kirisu promptly appears in front of Kuzan and clashing his sword against Kuzan’s military knife.

            “It’s been a while Kirisu.” Kuzan says grinning.

            “This is it for you Kuzan, you’ll die here and now!” Kirisu says with a serious expression.

            “You wish.” Kuzan says pressing against Kirisu’s sword.

            “Seshi, please help the girls out, I have some unfinished business with him.” Kirisu says.

            “So do I, step aside Kirisu.” Seshiro says determined.

            “Ohhh, you still mad at me because you think I killed your little friend?” Kuzan asks mockingly.

            “That’s right, and you’re going to pay with your life.” Seshiro says furiously.

            “Well, you certainly got the wrong person, I didn’t kill the brat.” Kuzan says.

            “Liar! I saw you in front of her dead body, no one else!” Seshiro shouts.

            “Heh, ignorant fool, think whatever you want!” Kuzan says as the other Kuzan attacks Seshiro while Kuzan keeps fighting Kirisu, the girls are having problems; they are at a disadvantage, Seshiro notices this, but Kirisu is concentrated fighting Kuzan.

            “Crap! I have to help them, but Kuzan!” Seshiro says slightly looking at the girls with the tip of his eye.

            “Hey, no distractions!” Kuzan says pushing Seshiro back slightly.

                        Seshiro stands his ground once again and pushes Kuzan away, then running to aid the girls.

            “I’ll leave it to you Kirisu, but you better let me have some fun when I come back!” Seshiro yells from afar.

            “You got it!” Kirisu says.

                        Kuzan jumps back and throws many small knives at Kirisu, Kirisu just makes a dark barrier, but the other Kuzan pierces it from behind, leaving Kirisu exposed. Kirisu speedily draws his Socom and fires at the Kuzan in front of him while swinging his sword backward towards the other Kuzan. Kirisu then makes many dark spears and fires them all at the same time towards one of the Kuzans’, all the spears pierces him, but Kuzan melts yet again into the dark substance then appearing next to the other Kuzan.

            “I never knew you had those tricks.” Kirisu says realoading his caster gun.

            “These aren’t tricks you idiot.” Kuzan says.

            “Tch.” Kirisu c***s his gun.

                        As Kirisu and the Kuzans’ keep fighting, Seshiro is helping Kazumi and Hisana.

            “Sorry I took a little.” Seshiro says fending off the Oni’s.

            “There are too many demons.” Hisana says blocking one of the iron clubs.

            “Yeah, they’re endless.” Kazumi says shooting a bullet that explodes unleashing a number of water dragons that begin devouring some of the Oni’s.

            “We have no experience in unison with each other, so we’ll have to make due.” Seshiro says, then raising his sword and letting it come crash down to the ground, making a great number of ice stalagmite emerge from the ground.

                        Hisana turns her Altergun in close combat mode and accumulates a lot of Spirit Force in a few seconds in her blade then jumping while making a front flip in midair and thrusting the ground.

            “Nothing happened…” Kazumi says.

            “No, can’t you feel it?” Seshiro asks.

            “What?” Kazumi asks.

            “Kazumi! Jump!” Seshiro shouts jumping rapidly along with Kazumi high in the air while the whole ground is beginning to cover up in ice, many demons were freezing up, but they are breaking free. Hisana’s power alone is not enough, Seshiro decides to land on the ground also thrusting it in the same fashion as Hisana and helping her in the process. All the demons are freezing even faster, but they are still not destroyed, Kazumi still in midair makes a small energy field under her then expels herself in midair successfully double jumping and making a front flip. In midair, Kazumi stretches her arms to opposite sides and concentrates a lot of Mystic Force in her guns, then firing many powerful fireballs from her guns tearing all the demons to pieces. As the party does this Kirisu is still fighting the Kuzan’s, Kirisu has the advantage of his mysterious powers, the dark spears keep the Kuzan’s unable to attack properly. Kirisu reloads his gun and shoots one of the Kuzan’s in the head with a bullet filled with electricity affinity thus making Kuzan burst in lightning, but again melts in the dark substance and appears next to the other Kuzan.

            Kuzan �" No matter how many times you keep killing me, I’ll always come back.

            Kirisu �" There’s no way in hell you’re immortal.

            Kuzan �" You think?

            Kirisu �" I’m sure.

                        Kirisu fires many different elemental affinity ammunition, but Kuzan easily evades making many back flips and jumping high. Kirisu concentrates his fire on one of the Kuzan’s, but Kuzan jumps on a pole, Kirisu keeps firing, Kuzan runs easily through the very thin pole’s electric wire. The other Kuzan then comes in for the kill; Kirisu’s barrier breaks again by one of the Kuzan’s as the other jumps off the cable and takes a clean hit on Kirisu. Kirisu is being cut many times all over his body, Kuzan is too fast to dodge, Kirisu thinks to himself.

            “Damn! Is he getting faster or am I getting slower? Still, fatigue is catching up with me, is this guy human or what?”

            “Die!” Both Kuzan’s strike Kirisu at the same time in the stomach, Kirisu is dripping a lot of blood.

            “Finally, you’re finished, don’t feel sad, you’re family will soon join you.” Kuzan says cynically.

                        A cross shaped form appears unexpectedly in Kirisu’s eyes, Kirisu grabs both Kuzan’s by the throat while many dark spears appear from all sides and perforate both Kuzan’s all over their bodies simultaneously. One of the Kuzan’s melts yet again in the dark substance only this time returning on to Kuzan’s right cheek forming his tattoo once again. Kuzan is covered completely in blood, Kirisu’s eyes turn normal again letting Kuzan go stagnant for a second and wondering. “Did it happen again?” Kirisu stares at his own hands.

            “Ugggh…” Kuzan coughs blood. “…You… will…pay…”

                        Kirisu backs off, the party goes to Kirisu, Kuzan is dying of blood loss.

            “Kirisu…” Kazumi says in a low voice.

            “We have to go before more demons appear; now that we found Kirisu we have no more business here.” Hisana says.

            “Right, but before that, I’m going to finish off this b*****d.” Seshiro says raising his sword staring sharply into Kuzan’s eyes. “You don’t deserve to live after causing so much pain.”

                        As Seshiro is going in for the kill, Zelcius appear between the party swiftly grabbing and slamming Hisana’s head with Seshiro. Kirisu hastily turns back to fight, but Zelcius punches Kirisu in the stomach making him fall on the ground, Zelcius then looks at Kazumi straight in the eyes and says. “Bow before me foolish girl.”

                        Zelcius releases a very powerful Spirit Force that makes Kazumi drop down on her knees; he then picks up Kuzan and disappears instantly. Zelcius then appears somewhere not too far from the base letting Kuzan fall on the ground saying. “I wasn’t going to help you, but if they got their hands on you before you died you might have spit your guts, which would be very bad, I’m off, it was fun while it lasted foolish Kuzan.”

            “Wait…….” Kuzan says agonizing.

            “Last dying words?” Zelcius asks mockingly.

            “At least… have the decency of… letting me die… with honor…” Kuzan says almost unable to breathe.

            “Oh, you want me to finish you off?” Zelcius asks mockingly.

            “No… Summon a demon… a high-ranking one… I want to die by its hands…” Kuzan says in a lot of pain.

            “Hmm… why should I do that for you?” Zelcius asks.

            “Please…” Kuzan beseeches.

            “I had to summon one anyways to replace you, ahh well, what the hell, here it goes.” Zelcius says as he raises his right hand, a pentagram begins to appear, a very strong demonic aura begins to fall on the area as he chants a spell. “Angel of destruction, demon of the abyss, chief of the seventh hierarchy of demons, Abaddon! I summon thee to this wretched earth to rule over your legions, come forth!”

                        A humanoid kind of demon with long spiky dark brown hair and very bright green eyes with a much-built body type steps out of the pentagram and asks. “You are the mortal who summoned me?”

            “Yes, I, the beholder of Tiamat’s eye commands thee to end this pitiful human’s life!” Zelcius says.

            “……”Abaddon looks at Zelciu’s gauntlet. “I see you are the one using the beautiful Goddess’s power, very well mortal.”

                        Abaddon walks towards Kuzan and materializes an energy made javelin in his hand. Kuzan almost dead widens his eyes to this and smirks. Abaddon thrust Kuzan right in the stomach without hesitation, but something happens, Kuzan’s tattoo gets out of his cheek and goes through Abaddon’s energy javelin thus getting inside his body. A dark light comes out of Kuzan’s eyes; Abaddon begins to fade as well as his energy javelin.

            “What? This cannot be!” Abaddon says looking at himself fade away.

                        Zelcius is surprised to see this; he did not know what is happening, Kuzan’s eyes turn bright green and his wounds quickly regenerate, he stands up from the ground and says with a smile. “I’m alive…”

            “What the hell just happened? What happened to Abaddon?” Zelcius asks.

            “Hahahaha, what happened you ask? Well, it’s very simple.” Kuzan laughs.

                        Kuzan materializes the same energy javelin that Abaddon had created and throws it against an enormous boulder nearby; the boulder instantly blows into pieces leaving no signs of it whatsoever.

            “You absorbed Abaddon into your body?” Zelcius asks.

            “To put it simply yes.” Kuzan replies.

            “Do you know that your human body cannot possibly resist such a being?” Zelcius asks.

            “I know, but this tattoo on my right cheek was not just for show as I said earlier, it serves the purpose of making another me, but also serves as a seal, a powerful one at that.” Kuzan explains.

            “Cunning, most humans have such nature.” Zelcius smiles.

            “Thanks for the favor.” Kuzan says staring at his hand.

            “It was no favor, I was planning on finishing you off, but I guess you are more useful than the Abaddon in some ways, connections and now a power of a high-ranking demon, what else can I ask for.” Zelcius says.

            “Time to go meet up with your shining dark knight as scheduled.” Kuzan says.

            “Yes, I guess this detour was not a waste after all.” Zelcius says laughing.

            “Hehehe.” Kuzan laughs sinisterly.

                        They both leave heading out to whatever their plans are.



© 2013 Shin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

man that kuzan is cunning as they come, as all humans are lolz great chapter man, keep it up

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2013

Elemental Ascension


Author

Shin
Shin

Hartford, CT



About
I love to write and draw, not much other than that. Elemental Ascension creation date: September 10th, 2004 Contest Awards: A New Fantasy Era Contest: 1st - Elemental Ascension - Jul 19, 201.. more..

Writing
Chapter 03: Origin Chapter 03: Origin

A Chapter by Shin