Chapter 52: Duel of Fate

Chapter 52: Duel of Fate

A Chapter by Shin

                        The party in the ship is even closer to the small piece of land, the beard guy wakes up.

            “What happened? Why did I faint?” The beard guy asks.

            “You just got a little Spirit high, nothing big unless you were closer.” Kirisu says.

            “I felt another Spirit Force appear, pretty big.” Shizuru comments.

            “I can now confirm there were two Lloyd’s somehow, or someone that has an identical wavelength than his.” Yumi says.

            “But one of them left, so that means Lloyd or someone with his same wavelength is in that place.” Kazumi remarks.

            “It has to be Lloyd; he’s accompanied with those other two demons.” Kirisu says.

            “We‘ll have time to confirm this since we still have to go there.” Kyoshi says.

                        Shizuru subtly hits Kyoshi’s ribs with her elbow and clears her throat.

            “Uhh, if that’s okay with Yumi of course.” Kyoshi says nervously.

                        The party stares at Yumi, Yumi stares at all of them coldly, her smile widens and says. “It’s perfect.”

            In the wind temple the party patches up their wounds, luckily they were able to regenerate the deep dangerous wounds, but are now exhausted because of this. Mayumi keeps observing Lloyd from where she is.

            “So let me get this straight, al of you are demons reincarnated?” Mayumi says.

            “Pretty much.” Zieg says.

            “And Shin here is apparently Harayoshi’s twin.” Mayumi says.

            “You can call me Lloyd, not Shin like these guys do.” Lloyd says.

            “Whatever Shin.” Mayumi says.

            “Uhh, so you know who Harayoshi is, how do you know him?” Lloyd asks.

            “Both of us trained in the Hilter Academy, that includes Raven, that stupid b***h that was with Harayoshi.” Mayumi replies.

            “Hitler?” Lloyd asks shocked.

            “Not the Vakidoran dictator, Hilter, that’s an academy for rising ones battle performance and learning the best strategy, I’ve heard of it.” Jiro says.

            “That’s how I know him and Raven.” Mayumi says.

            “Hmm…” Lloyd presses in his left eye socket.

            “You’ll need an eye patch or something.” Mayumi says.

            “Yeah, tell me if you see a store somewhere around here.” Lloyd says sarcastically.

            “Very funny.” Mayumi says.

            “Huh?” Zieg looks around.

            “What’s wrong?” Mayumi asks.

            “We’re not alone.” Zieg answers.

                        They all look towards the tower and Adriux accompanied by a black man wearing a long trench coat walks out of of the corner of the tower.

            “So you’re the reason why Harayoshi came here, keeping a secret like having a twin is not something Krade would like.” Adriux says. “I can’t believe Mysterica had twins.”

                        Lloyd widens his eyes as he sees Adriux.

            “Mysterica…” Lloyd whispers slowly.

                        Lloyd begins flashing back to his young age and seeing this man in front of him and a woman with black knee length long air which has Lloyd by his hand. Yusuke arrives behind Adriux, Adriux ten stabs the woman’s heart and she falls down a cliff, Yusuke then chops his right arms lower half, Adriux flees. Back to the present, Adriux and the black man walks towards them, but in a flash Yusuke appears in front of the party holding the sealing sword with his right hand.

            “Looks like I got here a little too late.” Yusuke says.

            “Dad?” Mayumi says.

                        Yusuke looks back noticing Adriux. “You!” Yusuke widens his eyes in hatred.

            “Yes, me.” Adriux says.

            “I’ve looked for you for a long time…” Yusuke says.

            “Haha, now you finally found me.” Adriux says.

                        Lloyd stares at Yusuke and shouts furiously. “You son of a b***h! Your name isn’t Yusuke! It’s Shiro! And you’re my father! Why did you hide it from me!?”

            “……How did you find out?” Shiro asks.

            “I remembered.” Lloyd says pissed off.

            “Huh?” Zieg and Jiro both look at each other and then stare and Lloyd and Mayumi. “You guys have the same father?” Zieg and Jiro say in unison.

            “Why don’t you tell the boy what happened, it’s the least you could do before we kill you.” Adriux says smugly.

            “Yeah, share with the rest of the class, I’m confused.” Zieg says.

            “Shut up Zieg.” Jiro says smacking behind his head.

            “Cut it out!” Shiro shouts.

            “Not willing to say anything? Then I’ll have the pleasure to tell your son.” Adriux says staring at Shiro fiercely.

                        Adriux begins retelling a story, it begins in Gen-Exis about nineteen years ago, Lexon could be seen in front of some very big glass containers with some scientists, inside the glass containers were a few clones of Krade Wyven. Adriux was standing in a corner observing this project.

            “Lexon sir, it seems these specimens are too unstable, they won’t live pasr today.” A scientist said.

            “Bugger… There must be something we’re missing, I’ve made sure his genes and DNA were perfect… What could it be? Until now we’ve only made forty four and we’re still not getting the desired results.” Lexon said.

            “But it’s already hard messing with their genes and DNA; the Wyvens have a more complicated body structure than humans.” Another scientist remarked.

            “It could be something that has to do with the gender since I’ve noticed that these clones lack the sperm count to reproduce themselves.” Lexon commented.

            “Should we try switching his DNA and genes to that of a female?” A scientist asked.

            “What? Don’t be ridiculous, that’s not an easy feat, changing the gender is pure fantasy, we have no knowledge to achieve this, you know how long it would take me to research and modify the DNA and genes?” Lexon asked a little on edge.

            “You’re the prodigal genius, that’s why you were recruited and given special position as an elder since you were still in your early teens, if anyone could do it, you can.” The scientist responded.

            “Humph…” Lexon began to think to himself.

                        After a minute Lexon left the lab, months passed by and there were many failed attempts to make a female Krade, there were a few female Krade’s in the glass containers; they had numbers, the lasts ones being eighty-six, eighty-seven and eighty-eight.

            “These are the last ones we’re going to test on, were losing a great amount of money of thie project.” Lexon said.

                        Adriux walked towards the glass containers and observed the test subjects.

            “Go back to your position Adriux; you’re supposed to be guarding the lab, not sightseeing it.” Lexon said.

            “It’s just that… they are so beautiful…” Adriux remarked.

            “Since the first time we made the first one it looks you’ve fallen for this thing.” Lexon said.

            “It’s not a thing…” Adriux said.

            “Whatever, just get back to your position or clear the way so we can work.” Lexon said.

                        One of the test subjects began to move slightly.

            “Lexon, we got some movement of test subject eighty-eight, though the others’s test subjects’ vital signs are decreasing.” A scientist said.

            “Then forget the others, concentrate on number eighty-eight.” Lexon said.

                        The other subjects died that day, but test subject eighty-eight lived enough to put her under emergency care by doctors and nurses in the same lab. She was named Mysterica and was being taught how to speak, read, and write by teachers while Lexon and his lab team ran some tests on her. One day Adriux entered her room, she was sitting on a chair holding a notebook with a mechanical pencil.

            “Hi, I came by before, but you didn’t really know how to talk, I’m Adriux, you’re Mysterica right?” Adriux asked.

            “Yes.” Mysterica answered.

            “You don’t talk much do you?” Adriux asked.

            “No.” Mysterica responded.

            “You wanna talk?” Adriux asked.

            “No.” Mysterica replied.

            “If you need to talk to someone, I’m here.” Adriux offered.

                        Lexon entered the room and noticed Adriux.

            “Get out of here Adriux; I never gave you permission to enter.” Lexon said.

            “Alright.” Adriux said.

                        Adriux left, Lexon then stared at Mysterica.

            “Astoundashing development, I could not have done a better job than this, a unique case like yours, less than five percent of probability of succeeding.” Lexon said.

            “What do you want professor?” Mysterica asked.

            “Krade wants to see you child, there is a business suit on that drawer next to you, put it on and come with me.” Lexon said.

                        Lexon left the room and waited outside for Mysterica to change; she came out and walked towards Krade’s chamber along with Lexon. Krade observed Mysterica and walked around her examining her, he then asked Lexon. “She has no power, why?”

            “We’re still working on that, though being a full blooded Wyven, she has great potential to become very strong, she even has your same Spirit Force wavelenght.” Lexon explained.

            “Mysterica, do you know who I am?” Krade asked.

            “The scientists tell me you’re my twin brother.” Mysterica replied.

            “That is incorrect, the scientists in my lab are just playing games, you’re really a perfectly modified clone of Krade, you’re him in every essence of the word difference being only in gender and power.” Lexon explained.

            “Why did you make me?” Mysterica asked.

            “I was the last Wyven on Terra you see, and I have lost the capacity to reproduce naturally, the only way to produce myself is with modern science, cloning if you will, so I instructed Lexon to make you.” Krade answered.

            “Were your feeling lonely?” Mysterica asked.

            “I also lost my emotions a long time ago, so I cannot feel anything, but I wanted you to exist for the sole purpose of reproducing and liberating the Wyven race from extinction.” Krade replied.

                        Mysterica lowers her head; she thinks for a few seconds and asks. “Is that all you made me for? Am I some farm animal for breeding purposes?”

            “No, more like a shining ray of hope for the future of the Wyven race.” Krade responds.

            “…… I want to do what I want…”

            “You owe me your life Mysterica; you cannot simply choose whatever you want to do without my say so, I’m afraid you’ll have to do what I command.” Krade says. “Now, I could talk to you forever, but I have pressing matters to attend to, Lexon, take her to her room.”

            “Yes sir.” Lexon said as he grabbed Mysterica’s arm and took her away.

                        Krade walked towards a mirror and looked at his mirage.

            “I don’t know myself anymore; the man that I am is a man that I don’t know.” Krade said.

                        Mysterica entered her room, Lexon left and Adriux entered without him noticing.

            “So you met…Krade.” Adriux said.

            “Yeah…” Mysterica said.

            “You know, you’ve been assigned a partner.” Adriux said.

            “Partner?” Mysterica asked.

            “Mating partner.” Adriux responded.

            “Huh? What? No! I don’t want to mate with anyone!” Mysterica said upset.

            “The mating partner is me.” Adriux said.

            “I don’t care! I don’t want to!” Mysterica said.

            “I’m not a bad guy, just get to know me, I’ll love you, respect you and treat you like you deserve, like a queen, I promise.” Adriux said.

            “None you even think for a second what I want? If you really respect me, you would help me get out of here.” Mysterica said.

            “…It would be my head if I helped you… but you’re right…” Adriux lowered his head.

            “Does that mean you’re going to help me escape?” Mysterica asked.

            “…I never said that, but… if you’re really planning to escape and I help you, would you take me with you?” Adriux asked.

            “Yeah, I would appreciate it, but I’m betting Krade would hunt us down.” Mysterica said.

            “I don’t care, I’ll help you, but we can’t right now, Lexon is running tests on you ever couple of hours, let’s wait until the tests decrease, that can take some months.” Adriux said.

            “Okay, thank you.” Mysterica said joyfully.

                        Months passed by, it was nightfall, Adriux and Mysterica ran through the hallways in the Gen-Exis rapidly exiting to the outside, they kept running as fast as they could, Adriux slashed the gates open. Both ran through, the alarm went off, many soldiers spotted and followed them, Mysterica fell on the ground, Adriux helped her up.

            “Hurry!” Adriux said.

            “We won’t make it.” Mysterica said.

                        The soldiers were closing in, Adriux stood between them and Mysterica.

            “Mysterica, go, I’ll catch up in a while, if I don’t in about an hour then go on, I’ll find you someday.” Adriux said.

                        Mysterica ran away, Adriux fought the soldiers, Lexon then appeared, Adriux readied himself, Lexon walked towards him, Adriux covered his Satsume Dao sword in flames, Lexon raised his right hand, the red ring on his index finger shined bright red. Adriux charged at him and unleashed a diagonal slash, Lexon caught Adriux’s sword with his right hand, the flames did not affect Lexon at all, it seems he absorbed the flames whole.

            “What?” Adriux said shocked.

            “You cannot win; now tell me, why did you help Mysterica escape?” Lexon asked.

            “She wanted to live a life outside Gen-Exis’s grasp, it was the least I could do for her……” Adriux answered.

            “And do you by chance know the dangers far more worse outside Gen-Exis? People trying to take advantage of her? She does not have a social security number, a birth certificate, money or a job, or even somewhere or someone to go to. Did you once even think about the consequences?” Lexon asked.

                        Adriux’s widened.

            “Don’t you see what you have done? Now, you’re going to mend it before Krade notices anything, gather a group of soldiers and look for her.” Lexon said.

            “Yes…” Adriux nodded.

                        Days passed by, Mysterica wandered out to Britannica, there she found a ship that headed to Silver Edge Dock, she sneaked in, even more days passed by until the ship reached its destination. Mysterica sneaked out of the ship, many Satsume stared at her suspiciously, Mysterica paid no mind, and kept walking, after a while some humans appeared and blocked her path.

            “Hey, I’ve never seen a beauty like you around, mind telling us where you headed? It looks to me like you got some good cash on you dressed like that.” One of the humans said.

            “Yeah, nice tux.” Another human added.

            “I don’t want any problems, what do you want?” Mysterica asked.

            “Nice of you to ask sweetheart.” The human said. “We want you to spare some cash, money, dinero.”

            “I don’t have any…” Mysterica said.

            “That’s what they all say.” Another human said.

            “I’m telling you the truth.” Mysterica said.

            “That’s too bad, then how about you give me and the boys some entertainment instead?” The human suggested.

            “What kind of entertainment?” Mysterica asked.

            “Heh, you’ll see.” The human snapped his fingers, the other humans grabbed and bound Mysterica’s arms and legs.

            “Hey! Let me go! What are you going to do?” Mysterica panicked.

            “Now we’re gonna have some real fun!” The human said.

                        As the human, which was presumably the leader, ripped Mysterica’s shirt a male voice was heard. “Why don’t you guys keep your hands to yourself and circle jerk somewhere else with your boyfriends.”

                        The humans turned around to see none other than a teen Shiro standing behind them.

            “A Satsume? Haha, I know you guys are strong, but you can’t possibly win against all of us.” The human leader said.

                        Shiro scratched his head and scoffed.

            “You’re the kind of people why Satsume’s hate humans.” Shiro said.

            “Shut your damn trap!” The human leader shouted as he and his gang ran towards Shiro, all of them taking out simple switchblades and attacking.

                        Shiro closed his eyes as he grinned, the humans began their assault, but Shiro easily evaded and put his foot in front of one of the humans making him trip and fall on his face. The other jumped on him, but Shiro sidestepped, the human fell hard on a small boulder, two other humans came charging in, Shiro evaded their attacks and stroked their wrist pressure points making them drop their switchblades and then striking them on their chest knocking them out cold. Only the leader was left standing, the human ran towards Mysterica to use as a hostage, but Shiro disappeared and appeared between him and Mysterica.

            “Ahh! Please! Spare me!” The human begged.

            “Like I said before, take your boyfriends elsewhere.” Shiro said.

                        The human ran away leaving his friends behind, Shiro then looked at Mysterica and asked. “I’m not even gonna ask if you’re fine or not, I mean, they tried to rape you.”

            “Thanks…” Mysterica said.

            “I’m Shiro, what’s your name?” He asked.

            “Mysterica.” She replied.

            “Nice name, sounds mysterious to me, you off to somewhere? I don’t think you should be here, don’t you know Satsume’s aren’t fond of humans?” Shiro asked.

            “I knew… but I had nowhere else to go.” Mysterica answered.

            “Nowhere to go? No family, friends, anyone?” Shiro asked.

            “No.” Mysterica responded.

            “Tell me you at least got money, I mean; you’re dressed in a business suit.” Shiro said.

            “I have absolutely nothing.” Mysterica said.

            “You’re weird, how old are you? I’m assuming early twenties.” Shiro asked.

            “Right around the ball park.” Mysterica said.

            “Heh, what’s the plan?” Shiro asked.

            “I don’t know…” Mysterica replied.

            “Tell you what, I’m going to Silver city, I have to look for some materials, why don’t you tag along? If you ignore the people there, there won’t be that much of a problem, plus I’m well known.” Shiro offered.

            “I guess I have no choice.” Mysterica said.

                        Mysterica and Shiro walked for hours until they reached the city, some parts of the city were made of pure silver; the city’s name was accurate. As the harbor, many Satsume’s stared at Mysterica, some Gen-Exis soldiers could be seen fully armed walking the streets, Mysterica walked close to Shiro. Shiro then walked into a store and bought some strange small metals, he placed them in a bag and left.

            “Where do we go now?” Mysterica asked.

            “My house, it’s close by.” Shiro said. “You’re awfully trusty; you shouldn’t trust a person so easily, especially after meeting one.”

            “I think I can trust you, there’s something about your eyes, I can’t explain it.” Mysterica said.

            “Still, you should be a little more cautious.” Shiro said.

            “Yeah.” Mysterica nodded.

                        They walked to the outskirts of the city, to a more forest area, there were very few wooden houses, they kept walking until they reached a cabin in a farther area.

            “Is this your house?” Mysterica asked curiously.

            “Yeah, I know, I live way in the boondocks, but that’s how I like it, close to the forest.” Shiro answered.

            “How come?” Mysterica asked.

            “I learned to love nature a while back.” Shiro responded.

            “Hmm, alright.” Mysterica said as she observed the cabin.

                        Both enter the house; it was very clean, there was a fireplace with a chimney, some conformable dark brown couches, a mahogany colored small table, some lamps here and there, a very modest house indeed.

            “Nice house.” Mysterica commented.

            “Yeah, thanks, it’s been a while since I’ve been here.” Shiro said.

            “You were somewhere else?” Mysterica asked.

            “Yeah.” Shiro replied.

            “I wanted to ask you something.” Mysterica said.

            “Shoot.” Shiro said as he placed his bag on the couch.

            “Why did you save me back there?” Mysterica asked.

            “I guess old habits die hard, trust me; you’re not the first girl I save from some f**s, there’s something between me and finding girls in problems.” Shiro said with a slight smile, he sat down on the couch. “Feel free, sit down.”

                        Mysterica sat down on the couch.

            “Anyways, where did you come from?” Shiro asked curiously.

            “Very far away… It’s a long story.” Mysterica answered.

            “We have all the time of the world if you wanna talk sometime.” Shiro said.

            “You remind me of someone I met a few months ago.” Mysterica remarked.

            “I thought you didn’t have any friends.” Shiro said staring at Mysterica suspiciously.

            “I’m assuming he died…” Mysterica lowered her head.

            “Sorry to hear that, let’s talk about something else.” Shiro suggested.

            “Sure.” Mysterica nodded.

                        They talked for hours, a few weeks passed by, Mysterica was living along Shiro all this time, she mostly didn’t do much around the house, just talk or watch Shiro make weapons behind the house. Shiro and Mysterica grew close very fast; she came to trust him completely, they noticed Gen-Exis soldiers increasing over the last few weeks, they seemed to be searching for Mysterica. One day Shiro walked out of his house looking for Mysterica, he found her next to the house sitting down staring at the bright blue sky.

            “What are you doing here?” Shiro asked.

            “Just thinking about how great life is, how great the gift of freedom is.” Mysterica answered.

                        Shiro smiles and said. “Yeah, that is so true.”

            “But even though I enjoy freedom, I feel lonely.” Mysterica remarked.

            “Hey, don’t be, I’m here, we’re friends aren’t we?” Shiro said.

            “I know, but somehow I feel it won’t last.” Mysterica said.

                        Shiro kneeled down and turned her face to his.

            “Trust me, everything will be just fine.” Shiro said as he closed in and kissed her.

                        Mysterica kisses him back, about a year passed by and Mysterica was pregnant, she had a big belly and was in the kitchen peeling some apples. Shiro walked in with a smile.

            “Why are you so happy?” Mysterica asked.

            “My daughter will have a little brother.” Shiro replied.

            “Yeah, why didn’t you bring her with you?” Mysterica asked.

            “I didn’t want to drag her around all day long with me, so I left her with Eldrick, though his son Zieg takes more care of her.” Shiro responded.

            “That’s nice; I hope to meet her soon.” Mysterica said joyfully.

            “Haha, don’t worry about it, you’ll soon meet her, though you might regret it, she’s a little aggressive for her age, she seems to be growing quick despite being an Elf, it must be because of her Satsume heritage.” Shiro remarked.

            “It’s alright.” Mysterica said with a warm smile.

                        Mysterica suddenly frowned, Shiro stared at her strangely, Mysterica then grabbed her stomach and began moaning in pain.

            “Mysterica, is it time?” Shiro asked alarmed.

            “I think so…uhhg.” Mysterica answered in pain.

            “We have to get you to the hospital!” Shiro said desperately.

                        Shiro helped her to the hospital, it wasn’t far, Shiro took her inside, all the nurses and doctors stared at the couple.

            “Someone help me!” Shiro yelled.

                        Everyone kept staring at them; a Satsume doctor then walked over towards Shiro and said. “I’m sorry my friend, but this hospital is only for Satsume’s, we don’t attend humans.”

            “Who cares about that? She’s going to have a Satsume baby like all of us, if not for her, do it for the baby!” Shiro shouted angrily.

            “I’m sorry, but it’s against the policy, you must leave before the knights’ escort you out by force.” The doctor said.

            “……Some hospital this is.” Shiro said as he left with Mysterica.

                        They walked far away from the city because many Satsume’s were staring at them, once out of their sight Shiro and Mysterica stopped, it was already nighttime. Mysterica lied on the ground and began to try and conceive her child, Shiro helped her, he placed some rags under her, Mysterica began pushing while Shiro readied himself to receive his son. Mysterica kept pushing for minutes as she yelled in pain. Shiro took out a small knife, it was getting cold, it began to rain slightly.

            “Push Mysterica, push!” Shiro demanded.

            “I’m trying!” Mysterica said.

                        Mysterica kept pushing until Shiro said. “I see it! He’s coming out!” Shiro helped Mysterica receive the baby until he was finally able to get him out, he then said shocked. “Huh? There’s another!”

                        Mysterica pushed even harder for a while until Shiro received the other baby as well.

            “We have two babies… twins.” Shiro said with a smile.

                        The baby on his arm suddenly stopped crying; Shiro observed the baby and got desperate. “The baby! It stopped breathing!”

            “Save him please! My baby!” Mysterica shouted desperately.

                        Shiro places the baby on the ground and tried to help him, he slightly hit the baby with his fingers on his heart; he then blew some air inside the baby’s mouth and tapped him again slightly with his fingers, but to no avail. Shiro then stopped and shed a tear; he looked back at Mysterica with a pale expression.

            “No!” Mysterica yelled as she grabbed the baby and cried on him.

                        Shiro held the other baby on his arms while Mysterica cried for a while, she kissed the baby’s forehead many times and hugged him tightly, after a while she calmed down, Shiro then said. “I’m sorry, but sometimes fate works in mysterious ways, maybe he wasn’t meant to be…”

            “…My baby… I never got to see him grow up or know him, but I still love him with my life and soul…” Mysterica said as she cried.

            “I know how you feel… but there’s nothing we can do… we must live on for him and our remaining son…” Shiro said.

            “I know…” Mysterica stood up and grabbed the baby from Shiro’s arms.

            “I’m sorry… we couldn’t save your brother…” Mysterica said to the baby.

                        Shiro began to dig a hole with his Satsume Jian sword; he then wrapped the deceased baby with some cloths and buried him. Shiro then thrust his sword in the ground and said. “I love you my son… I thrust my sword here on your grave symbolizing all the strength you would’ve had if you lived, you would have been so strong physically and mentally enough to change so many people, but now that strength you carry will be used in the other side, don’t worry about your brother, he will live his life and yours to the fullest, I’ll make sure of that.”

            “We should leave…” Mysterica said.

                        She then walked over to the grave and placed her hand on it, she then left alongside Shiro. Eight years passed by in a flash, the baby they had was already a grown boy, he had long black hair, he was running around the woods until he heard Mysterica’s voice from a distance. “Shinsuke! Food’s ready!”

                        Shinsuke ran through the woods until he reached Shiro’s house, he ran inside the house and found his mother in the kitchen, he asked her. “Where’s dad?”

            “He’s working.” Mysterica said with a smile.

            “When will he be back?” Shinsuke asked.

            “In a while.” Mysterica said as she patted his head.

            “Alright.” Shinsuke said.

            “Why don’t you just sit down and eat your dish of fried fish with mashed potato and soy beans.” Mysterica said.

                        Shinsuke sat down and began eating, Mysterica went outside to get some fresh air, after a while she saw some Gen-Exis soldiers heading towards them, Mysterica ran inside quickly and took Shinsuke’s hand and ran through the back door.

            “What’s wrong mom?” Shinsuke asked.

            “Shh, we’ll talk later sweetie, just follow me and do as I say.” Mysterica said as she ran.

                        They ran through the woods, the Gen-Exis soldiers busted inside the house and began searching, Adriux entered last, he looked around until a soldier said. “Sir, it looks like they’ve escaped, is this even the right house?”

            “It is, I can feel Mysterica’s presence, she ran inside the woods, it looks like our soldiers did their job and found her even though it took them nine long years, I would have never guessed she was in Evergray all this time, now we can be together my love… finally.” Adriux said.

                        Krade appeared behind Adriux and asked. “Is she not here?”

            “No, she went into the woods sir.” Adriux answered.

            “Let’s follow them.” Krade said.

                        Krade, Adriux and his soldiers ran inside the woods, Mysterica and Shinsuke ran as fast as they could until they encountered a precipice and weren’t able to run anymore. Krade, Adriux and his soldiers were very close to their location. Meanwhile Shiro arrived home and noticed the front door busted open, he rushed inside and noticed no one was there, he felt the soldiers Spirit Forces and grabbed his sword hanging on the wall and ran inside the woods as well. As Shiro ran, Krade, Adriux and his soldiers reached Mysterica, Adriux widened his eyes once he saw Shinsuke.

            “Adriux? Krade?” Mysterica said shocked.

            “Yes, I see you’ve accomplished what I wanted; even at the end you obeyed me.” Krade said.

            “……” Mysterica stared at him.

            “Adriux, have your men take her and the boy.” Krade ordered.

            “Yes sir.” Adriux said.

                        Krade left with some soldiers as Adriux and a few soldiers were left.

            “Mysterica… is that really your… son?” Adriux asked.

            “…Yes…” Mysterica replied hesitantly.

                        Adriux shed a tear and lowered his head.

            “……”Mysterica sared at him and his soldiers with fear.

                        Adriux raised his head once again and stared at Shinsuke, he then shifted his look towards Mysterica, he walked towards her and said. “I can’t believe you betrayed me with another man…”

            “I never betrayed you… we were never a couple… I was worried about you, what happened?” Mysterica asked.

            “It doesn’t matter anymore Mysterica, I was assigned to be your companion, but you decided to ditch me, if that’s not betraying what is?” Adriux asked while his voice rose more by the second.

            “Adriux I-” Mysterica was cut off.

            “I don’t want to hear any excuses…” Adriux said angrily.

                        Adriux turned around; Mysterica tightened the grip of her hand, which was holding Shinsuke, Adriux was no more than four feet away from her, Shiro then reached them, Adriux widened his eyes in anger and turned around swiftly as he drew his sword and pierced her heart. Mysterica widened her eyes and fell off the high cliff as her hand slipped away from Shinsuke’s hand slowly, Shinsuke had a shocked look on his face, he didn’t even turn around to see his dead mother fall, he just stood there staring at his still warm hand. Shiro yelled as he saw this unable to save her and killed all the Gen-Exis soldiers rapidly, then sliced Adriux’s lower half right arm. Adriux fled from the woods, Shiro looked down the cliff and frowned, he then hugged Shinsuke as he cried. “Mysterica… No…” He then looked at Shinsuke in his shocked state and asked. “Shinsuke, are you alright? Shinsuke?”

                        Shinsuke was not responsive and didn’t even look at Shiro, he was somehow lost, Shiro quickly lifted him up to his shoulder and ran as fast as he could, he kept running and running, days past, they reached Radingel city, there Shiro and Shinsuke were sleeping in an alleyway. Shinsuke was still shocked, he didn’t speak at all and was spaced out, Shiro looked at him and said. “Wait here son; I’ll go get something to eat.”

                        Shiro left the alleyway, but all of a sudden he heard a yell from a girl, he ran to another alleyway near where his son is and found two men walking towards a young high school girl.

            “We just want some money.” The man said.

            “Get away or my brother is gonna kick your asses!” The girl said.

            “We didn’t see no brother, so you’re toast.” The other man said.

            “Why is there so many scum like you around? Everywhere I go there’s a girl that needs rescuing.” Shiro said.

                        The two men turned around.

            “Mind your own business douchebag.” The man said.

            “I am minding it.” Shiro said.

            “What’s a girlie guy like you gonna do?” The other man asked mockingly.

            “There’s only one of you and two of us.” The man said.

            “Then come and get me.” Shiro said.

                        The two men attacked at once, Shiro hit the men’s pressure points on their arms leaving them immobile, he then hit tleg pressure points, both fell on the ground.

            “Time to go girl.” Shiro said.

                        The girl and Shiro left the alleyway, Shiro then asked. “What’s your name?”

            “Lilly.” She responded.

            “Well, Lilly, next time, don’t get too far away from your brother, if you do have one.” Shiro said.

            “Thanks for saving me, and yes, I do have a brother, he just stayed back at the inn hitting on some girls.” Lilly said.

            “How old are you? What are you doing here? Do you live here?” Shiro asked curiously.

            “I’m seventeen, my brother is a few years older, but I’m on vacation here with him.” Lilly replied. “Are you alright? You seem kinda out of it, I mean, it’s not every day a Satsume talks to a human, especially in a human city.”

            “I guess you’re right, I’m here with my son, but right now he’s not himself, his mother just passed away and he’s still shocked.” Shiro said.

            “That’s horrible.” Lilly said.

                        Shiro then lost himself in thought and asked. “Could I ask you a favor?”

            “Huh? Depends…” Lilly answered.

            “You see, I have to do something and I can’t be the responsible father and take care of my son right now, I promise I’ll explain later what’s happening, but can you take care of my son for a while?” Shiro asked.

            “Depends in how much a while is, and how old is he anyways?” Lilly asked.

            “He’s eight years old, and when I mean a while it’s a few days.” Shiro responded.

            “Well, I do owe you one… Okay, I’ll do you that favor.” Lilly said.

                        Back to the present, Shiro is finishing the story that Adriux began.

            “Days became years and you forgot everything about what happened.” Shiro says.

            “……” Lloyd looks away.

            “Ever since that day I dedicated my life trying to find Adriux and train you without you knowing I’m your father.” Shiro says. “Now I know what Mysterica was, she never told me her secret.”

            “You took her away from me…” Adriux says angrily.

            “I never took her away, we met by chance and things happened.” Shiro remarks.

            “Enough! I’m tired of listening to you! Jamal, kill that son of a b***h!” Adriux says furiously.

                        Jamal walks forth as he takes off his trench coat and throws it on the ground, he’s very muscular and raises his arms up in a boxing form. Shiro thrusts the sealing sword in the ground, Jamal begins to walk towards Shiro, once he gets close he throws a few jabs with his right arm and then throws a left punch covered in Spirit Force. Shiro evades easily without even countering, Jamal’s left punch destroys part of the tower wall, he looks at Shiro and blows the dust from s fist and then charges at Shiro unleashing many punches, Shiro evades easily yet again, only this time striking Jamal’s right arm pressure points immobilizing his arm. Jamal laughs and hits his pressure point once again enabling his arm; Shiro is not surprised to see this and says. “You’re pretty good, but I’m sorry to say that you’re no match for me, I can see your every move.”

                        Jamal smirks and charges at Shiro once again, then raising his fist rapidly and throwing a downward punch which Shiro evades, the punch hits the ground making it shatter to pieces. Shiro swiftly closes in, Jamal throws a left jab, Shiro evades and punches Jamal’s throat making him back off, Jamal has trouble breathing after this.

            “Back away now or I’ll kill you where you stand.”

                        Jamal attacks Shiro, but Shiro dodged slipping under his jab and strikes Jamal’s heart pressure point with one two fingers, Jamal gasps and closes his eyes as he falls on the ground.

            “He used the Death Touch.” Mayumi comments.

            “Yeah, and Shiro didn’t even accumulate too much Spirit Force in his fingers.” Jiro says.

            “Your turn Adriux and this time you’re going to die for sure.” Shiro says.

            “Haha, come and try.” Adriux says.

                        Shiro walks towards Adriux slowly as he studies him, Shiro observes Adriux’s prosthetic mechanical arm and asks. “Human technology has advanced I see.”

            “More than you might know.” Adriux says staring fiercely at Shiro.

                        Adriux unsheathes his Dao as he spreads his legs, his left in front and his right back tilted down, he pulls his right arm back and his left forward with an open palm. Shiro unsheathes his as well, he simply holds it downward diagonally, both stare at each other for a few seconds. Adriux runs towards Shiro and attacks, Shiro blocks with his sword and slashes his stomach slightly, Adriux swiftly does an upward slash that slashes Shiro’s chest slightly, both step back.

            “Not bad for a smith.” Adriux remarks.

            “Not bad either, for a Gen-Exis soldiers, though I’m not just a smith.” Shiro states.

            “Oh I know you’re a master swordsman and martial artist, I already had you investigated a long time ago.” Adriux says.

            “I feel important all of a sudden.” Shiro says.

            “This time, let’s go all out to see who the better fighter is.” Adriux says.

                        Shiro and Adriux charge at each other clashing their swords, then blocking and evading their attacks, Shiro has all the advantage quickly pushing Adriux back and then unleashing a downward slash as he says. “Meteor Wave.”

                        Adriux looks up and notices hundreds of sparkles in the sky, when suddenly the sparks come close revealing many giant fireballs crashing down; Adriux begins to evade, blocking and slicing in half the giant fireballs. Shiro goes charges in attacking Adriux as he evades the fireballs; Adriux is having problems evading both the fireballs and Shiro’s attacks. Adriux’s mechanical arm begins to shine in Spirit Force, then saying. “Might Blast.”

                        Shiro widens his eyes and blocks with his sword and leaps towards Adriux, a huge explosion blows out of Adriux’s mechanical arm, after the smoke disperses Shiro and Adriux are unharmed.

            “Are you trying to commit suicide? If I hadn’t stabbed your arm and unleashed my Spirit Force that explosion could’ve killed us both.” Shiro says angrily.

            “That’s the point.” Adriux says.

            “If that’s the way you want to play, then go ahead and kill yourself.” Shiro says.

            “No, I want to take you with me all the way to hell.” Adriux says cunningly.

            “We’ll see.” Shiro says.

                        Adriux jumps towards Shiro engulfing his Dao in flames and throwing it upward as he yells. “Raging Bind!”

                        The Dao breaks into pieces in midair, all the pieces turn into many flame swords and strike Shiro from all directions binding him where he stands.

            “Don’t worry; I won’t let you die so easily.” Adriux says mockingly.

            “I won’t let myself die so easily either, not before I kill the b*****d that killed Mysterica.” Shiro says angrily as he shouts. “Dream Blaze!”

                        All the flame swords trapping Shiro break as he disappears and appears behind Adriux with his eyes closed dripping blood. Adriux’s mechanical arms falls off as he falls on his knees.

            “What did you do?” Adriux asks perplexed.

                        Shiro turns around and explains. “I momentarily returned to my peak power, which was around when I was around late twenties, I’m only half of what I used to be in power, the only way I could do it is sacrificing certain functions of my body in exchange for those bursting moments when I was young, right now, I only sacrificed my eyes.”

            “Half power? You gotta be kidding me!” Lloyd says in disbelief.

            “Why are you only half as powerful now?” Adriux asks.

            “Because I have cancer, it’s been eating away at me for years.” Shiro replies.

            “Cancer? I never knew that.” Mayumi says.

            “So he’s dying, he doesn’t look it.” Zieg says.

            “I have about a year or so to live.” Shiro says.

            “It can’t be… No! I won’t let you die old man! I have to settle things with you first!” Lloyd shouts.

            “I can’t make any promises, and I don’t want any of you interfering with this fight, it’s my battle and I intend to finish it.” Shiro says.

            “I wasn’t even thinking of butting in, I could care less what you do or not.” Mayumi says.

            “And us three not in condition to fight anyways.” Jiro says.

            “I don’t even know how you’re going to fight blind.” Lloyd says.

            “Looks like you forgot the training I gave you, even you can fight blindly.”

            “Ohhh yeah, I forgot.” Lloyd says.

                        Shiro shakes his head.

            “Just don’t die.” Lloyd says.

                        Shiro nods and faces Adriux once again, Adriux jumps towards Shiro, Shiro drops his sword on the ground and stands in a sideway position as both his hands stretch forward with the palms open, his left arm father forward than his right. Adriux lands in front of him throwing a punch, Shiro evades easily and punches Adriux under his chin and then turns around and hits behind his neck. Adriux trips and falls, he then yells. “How the hell can you fight while you’re blind? There’s no way you can win!”

                        Adriux charges towards Shiro furiously making a roundhouse kick, Shiro blocks it with his left arm and kicks Adriux’s supporting foot making him trip again and fall on the ground.

            “Being blind is even deadlier than seeing, right now I can hear and feel your every move even better than before.” Shiro says.

            “That’s impossible!” Adriux yells spotting Shiro’s sword and grabbing it rapidly, then jumping in midair and shouting. “Havoc Roar!”

                        Fire comes out of the sword downward hitting the ground and penetrating it, many fire pillars come out from the ground surrounding Shiro. All the pillars then twirl around and close into Shiro at the same time to crush him, but Shiro jumps up in the air where Adriux is waiting, Shiro evades Adriux’s midair attack. Adriux then makes a diagonal slash at Shiro in midair, Shiro then feels a pain on his rib and staggers leaving Adriux to stab him directly in his chest and exploding in flames.

            “Dad!” Lloyd yells.

            “He’s done.” Zieg comments.

            “Zieg!” Lloyd says angrily.

            “Let him be Lloyd, don’t’ forget he has Asperger syndrome, he doesn’t understand other people’s feelings, it’s not his fault.” Jiro says.

                        Both Adriux and Shiro fall on the ground very hard, Adriux stands up and walks towards Shiro, he raises the sword to land the finishing blow, but Shiro disappears from his view and appears behind Adriux like before.

            “Dream Blaze.” Shiro says.

            “Uhhgg… What?” Adriux says in disbelief.

                        Adriux falls on the ground with a big hole in his chest, he dies quickly after this, Shiro also falls down on the ground, the party runs towards him.

            “Dad! No! Don’t die!” Lloyd shouts.

            “What did you sacrifice Shiro? Is it bad?” Jiro asks.

            “Heh… my… heart…” Shiro answeres stuttering.

            “Your heart! Couldn’t you sacrifice something else?” Lloyd asks.

            “No… Anything else would have killed me too slowly… and would’ve affected my performance in these last seconds… before killing… Adriux…”

            “Wait, you’re telling me a dead liver would’ve affected your performance in battle instead of your heart?” Lloyd asks sarcastically.

            “You just don’t understand… I wanted to die after avenging Mysterica… your mother…” Shiro says with a slight smile.

            “No! You can’t leave us! You can’t!” Lloyd yells as he presses his forehead against Shiro’s crying all over him.

            “It’s alright… I came here to seal your power… with the sealing sword… I thought it would’ve consumed you… but I see you have great control over it… there’s no need… keep the sword… it might come in handy…” Shiro says.

            “No! You keep it! You’re getting out of this!” Lloyd shouts.

            “Let me talk… I haven’t finished… My heart will stop beating in less than a minute… That there is your big sister… Mayumi… I never let you meet because I was hiding you from Krade… She can be hard to deal with at times, but she’s a good person deep down inside… Always remember… Stay truth to your beliefs no matter and always cherish to the max the things that bring you happiness…” Shiro says.

            “Why are you standing there like nothing is happening! Isn’t he your dad too?” Lloyd yells desperately.

            “No use shouting and crying, it won’t change a single thing, it won’t make him better or even save his life.” Mayumi remarks.

            “She’s right Shinsuke…” Shiro says. “Just calm down and accept my death….” Shiro added.

            “……” Lloyd wipes off the tears from his eyes.

                        Shiro smiles and draws his last breath, Lloyd hugs Shiro for the last time, a blue fluorescent light appears behind the party, it then fades away revealing an Elf with long black hair tied in a ponytail, he has a strap holding a long sword and a quiver full of arrows alongside a bow.

            “Oh hey, what’s going on here- Oh s**t.” The Elven man says surprised.



© 2010 Shin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wait yusuke is Lloyd dad's? mayumi his half sister? O_O and his mother is a female clone of krade?! wow what a major plot twist! that was awesome man, very suprising man, poor yusuke, i always liked the guy, he was very cool, i will miss him a lot, awesome chap, keep up the good work

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 7, 2010
Last Updated on December 12, 2010

Elemental Ascension


Author

Shin
Shin

Hartford, CT



About
I love to write and draw, not much other than that. Elemental Ascension creation date: September 10th, 2004 Contest Awards: A New Fantasy Era Contest: 1st - Elemental Ascension - Jul 19, 201.. more..

Writing
Chapter 03: Origin Chapter 03: Origin

A Chapter by Shin