Chapter 65: Fortune Smiles

Chapter 65: Fortune Smiles

A Chapter by Shin

                        Luna and Zaphyr begin clashing their Sais with incredible skill, they keep on fighting, both in a tie handling the Sais, Zaphyr makes a three sixty degree turn and cutting Luna’s stomach slightly. Luna makes a back flip, Zaphyr jumps in with a thrusting attack, but Luna rolls to the side and appears behind Zaphyr, Zaphyr makes a roundhouse kick that throws Luna on the floor, Zaphyr pointing her Sai towards Luna in a fighting pose.

            “I can see your movements before you even make them.” Zaphyr says.

                        Luna jumps up from the floor as she twirls around her Sais and attacks, Zaphyr back flips to evade, they both end pointing their Sais to each other in another pose. Luna and Zaphyr once again clash their Sais and keep on blocking and countering, again in a tie, Zaphyr jumps over Luna, Luna turns around swinging her right arm, Zaphyr kicks her Sai off her hand, Luna attacks with her remaining Sai, but Zaphyr jumps up and lands on Luna’s hand, making her let go of the Sai. Zaphyr kicks Luna’s face, Luna falls back, then standing up and running towards her Sai, she takes it and forms it into a spear, Zaphyr smirks and makes many back flips then jumping up towards the wall where the king has a collection of weapons. Zaphyr throws her Sais towards Luna, Luna smacks them away with her spear, Zaphyr grabs a long Lemurian blade, Luna rushes towards Zaphyr as she spins around her spear swiftly, Zaphyr holds her sword to her waist as if she is sheathing it, waiting for Luna to come closer. Luna makes a thrusting attack, Zaphyr makes one step forward and attacks, Luna barely blocking, Zaphyr goes in with a series of slashes, Luna evades and blocks, then going in with multiple thrusts pushing Zaphyr back nearly to a wall, Zaphyr then evades Luna’s blow by running up the wall and jumping back above Luna and landing on the ground safely. Luna jumps in and attacks again, Zaphyr blocking and countering, Luna bends down on the ground as she makes a three sixty turn, hitting Zaphyr’s feet making her trip and fall on the floor, Luna rapidly smacks the sword away with her spear and pointing it at Zaphyr.

            “I assume you didn’t see my movement in the future this time.” Luna says.

            “……” Zaphyr kicks Luna’s spear upward and jumps up, quickly running towards the weapon collection and grabbing two tomahawks.

            “I finally know your limit.” Luna says.

            “You think?” Zaphyr asks.

            “Oh yeah, you read the future about a minute ahead, then you have to wait around at least ten seconds after the minute has passed for you to read the future minute again.”

            “Knowing information like that won’t help you much.” Zaphyr says.

            “That’s what you think.” Luna says.

            “Knowing that is why you’ve been having the advantage on me so far?” Zaphyr asks sarcastically.

            “You’ll see.” Luna says.

                        Zaphyr rushes towards Luna; Luna forms a handgun with her bracelet and begins to fire Mana bullets towards Zaphyr, Zaphyr blocks and repels every Mana bullet as she shortens the distance and attacks Luna. Luna back flips and jumps in midair with another back flip firing off more Mana bullets towards Zaphyr, Zaphyr side flips and throws one of her tomahawks at Luna, Luna kicks it away and fires again. Zaphyr throws her remaining tomahawk towards Luna like a Frisbee, Luna forms a shield with her gun, the tomahawk repels back from the shield towards Zaphyr, Zaphyr jumps over the tomahawk only to be received by Luna’s kick on her head, dropping her down hard on the floor.

            “You…” Zaphyr stands up angrily.

                        Luna smiles at her with a mocking expression.

            “I won’t accept this…” Zaphyr says.

            “What are you going to do? Cry all over?” Luna asks scornfully.

                        Spirit Force begins to surge from Zaphyr, rising quickly, her Spirit Force then begins to change, turning red and making Alfhiem tremble, a red aura surrounds her, her Spirit Force changing completely to Demon Force.

            “Huh? Demon energy? How the hell?” Luna asks surprised.

            “A little gift from my dearest.” Zaphyr says.

            “So you’re a demon now.” Luna says.

            “No, I wouldn’t dream of being one, I merely have their energy which Zelcius bestowed upon me.”

            “So if you’re no demon, that would mean you don’t have an exact source of that power, you just have high amounts stored in like a battery, that means you have a limited supply that can run out on you if you use too much.” Luna says.

            “Clever princess, you’re right, but I have enough to kill you, later on I can get some more from Zelcius.” Zaphyr says.

            “My Mana energy clearly isn’t going to be enough.” Luna says.

            “Obviously.” Zaphyr says.

            “So here I go as well.” Luna says. “Iratne, o dini rayu edo.

                        Luna’s hair and eyes turn golden as a gold energy flows into Luna’s body, coming out of the blue. The energy clashes with Zaphyr’s Demon Force, also making Alfhiem tremble.

            “Nature Force huh, I didn’t think a brat like you could manage to use it.”

            “I may be young, but my family has a great potential from birth, so I learned to use it at an early age.” Luna says.

            “From what I know, even for a royal blood, it takes hundreds of years to achieve.” Zaphyr remarks.

            “Let me tell you a secret then… this bracelet helped me learn to use it quicker, that’s the reason why it’s so much valuable than any other artifact in Alfhiem.” Luna explains.

            “No wonder… well… are you ready to die?” Zaphyr asks.

            “Back at you.” Luna says.

                        Zaphyr closes her eyes and surrounds herself in Demon Force, then all of a sudden some sort of dark blue almost black silhouette comes out of Zaphyr’s body, it has her same form, but without clothing, yet with no private parts visible due to the slight flames the silhouette has around its body. Zaphyr’s voice begins to talk inside Luna’s mind. “With this, you will die.”

            “What the crap?” Luna thinks to herself.

                        Meanwhile, Satoshi and Keisuro arrive at north of Lemuria, it’s snowing.

            “Is this where we get the power of a thousand men?” Keisuro asks.

            “Yes, the ancient Ancelian colony was first founded here, then migrated to the now Lemruria country.”

            “I know the history, then they changed their name to Lemurians, back and so forth, what army do you speak of, I see nothing here but mountains and snow.” Keisuro says.

            “You see, for hundreds of years, I’ve known of the people who stayed behind, the Ancelians that did not want to leave their homeland, and they reside in these very mountains, waiting for their savior to lead them to revenge.” Satoshi explains.

            “Revenge? For what, they are the ones who stayed here, it’s their fault.” Keisuro says.

            “You see, they did not choose to stay, they were left to rot because of their beliefs on the power of Ancelot.” Satoshi replies.

            “Alright, I get your point, now are they really still alive and living like hermits?” Keisuro asks.

            “They just need a sign.” Satoshi says.

            “A sign?” Keisuro asks.

            “You’ll see.” Satoshi answers.

                        Satoshi begins to accumulate Spirit Force, the ground shakes, blue aura comes from his body upward, spreading, people suddenly start appearing from the mountains, all looking like warriors, carrying weapons.

            “This is the Ancelian colony; this is Ancelot’s army, ready to exact revenge on the Lemurian traitors.”

            “That’s all good and all, but what shall we do with Seshiro? I felt his Spirit Force in Lemuria.” Keisuro asks.

            “Nothing, he can do nothing to stop us.” Satoshi says.

            “Now that you have your little army, where is that power of Ancelot you were talking about?” Keisuro asks.

            “What I seek they must have, I can feel it.” Satoshi answers, he then begins to walk ahead.

                        Once inside the mountains, Satoshi and Keisuro witness hundreds of people, Satoshi walks in; a man stands in front of him and asks. “Who are you?”

            “I am Satoshi Yamazaki; I came here for the power of Ancelot.” Satoshi says.

            “So you are the one that let out such a massive Spirit Force.” The man says.

            “Exactly.” Satoshi nods.

            “Hahaha, so the time of the prophecy has come, the time where we will destroy the traitorous Lemurians.” The man says with an evil grin.

            “Where is the stone of madness?” Satoshi asks.

            “We have it here, sealed, waiting for your arrival; none of us has the power to even get close.” The man says.

            “Lead me to it.” Satoshi says.

            “As you wish.” The man nods.

                        They walk deeper into the mountain and enter a special cavern where a small black ball surrounded in Demon Force is set on an altar. Satoshi walks towards it, the ball begins to react to Satoshi, it releases Demon Force, Satoshi withstands it and touches it with his index finger, sparks fly.

            “The catalyst of Ancelot’s power in my hands…” Satoshi says with a smile.

            “Is that it? It has a lot of power, but how are you planning to take all that power for yourself?” Keisuro asks.

            “We have to go to Lemuria first, there we shall summon Ancelot’s power by creating war, Ancelot needs to absorb power, that’s why I have you, you will engage in that war and use all your powers, Ancelot will receive them along with those who battle you.” Satoshi explains.

            “Why Lemuria?” Keisuro asks.

            “I just told you, for war, and also because Lemuria is located where Nature Force mostly gathers, Nature Force is what we really need in order to be complete, then Ancelot’s power will be bestowed upon me and I will make the world knee before me.” Satoshi further explains.

                        Back with Luna and Zaphyr’s battle, Zaphyr’s silhouette floats towards the weapon collection and grabs an ax, it then disappears and appears in front of Luna, attacking head on, Luna ducks and forms a longsword, swiftly slashing the silhouette in half, but the silhouette disappears, Zaphyr’s giggles echoing in Luna’s mind.

            “Where the hell are you chicken s**t?!” Luna asks irritated.

                        All of a sudden a lot of Demon Force gathers in the weapon collection, all the weapons begin to float and point at Luna, Luna widens her eyes, hearing again Zaphyr’s giggles. Luna forms a giant golden shield that covers her front completely, all the weapons fly towards Luna very quickly and bounces off the shield, then floating upwards and attacking Luna from above, Luna raises her shield and covers herself once again.

            “Damn, that b***h isn’t going to show herself.” Luna thinks to herself and then looks at Zaphyr’s body covered in a thick layer of Demon Force. “Maybe if I can manage to hit her body somehow, I can kill her… But Mana Force isn’t dense enough to penetrate Demon Force… Wait! Nature Force should be able if I use enough.”

                        Luna forms her shield back to her bracelet and bursts in Mana Force.

            Iratne, o dini rayu edo.Luna shouts in Elvish.

                        Gold energy begins to surround Luna and enter her body, Luna’s eyes and hair turn gold, a sudden explosion of Nature Force comes from a single swing of her arm, enough to crack the room’s walls, ceiling and floors. Zaphyr’s silhouette appears between her own body and Luna.

            “So, you’re going to protect it now huh.” Luna smiles.

                        Zaphyr grabs a mace from the floor and charges towards Luna; Luna with sheer makes the silhouette disappear, the mace falling on the floor.

            “Your astral form is not meant for combat, so you better quit it right now, because you won’t beat me in that form.” Luna says.

            “Haha, you’re right, but it’s too late, my body is complete now.” Zaphyr says.

            “What do you mean?” Luna asks.

            “Hahaha, you’ll see.” Zaphyr giggles.

                        Zaphyr’s silhouette returns back to her body, all the Demon Force surrounding her body covers the entire room and comes out of the castle, it then in a flash returns back and enters her body. Zaphyr opens her eyes, revealing blood red eyes, her tattoos shining red as well; she stands up and explodes in Demon Force, breaking the room even more.

            “Damn! She’s even exceeds me in this form.” Luna thinks to herself.

            “Now we can resume our fight.” Zaphyr says.

            “So all the time you were a shadow-thing it was just to play around with me until your body simmered in Demon Force?” Luna questions.

            “Exactly.” Zaphyr nods.

            “You know just how dangerous it is for you, a human, to have so much Demon Force inside you?” Luna asks.

            “I’m well aware of the consequences, but are you aware of yours as well?” Zaphyr asks.

            “Of course, I know that my form is only temporary and that every time I use it, it cuts my overall Mana Force into pieces.” Luna responds.

            “Then we’re clear that we lose more by using our powers to win.” Zaphyr says.

            “The difference is that your case is worse, you’re only a human, you can die at any moment while you are using those powers.” Luna says.

            “But I’m still stronger than you are right now.” Zaphyr states.

            “Only temporarily, your powers will decrease gradually because they are not yours, I can’t feel any demon inside you, so you have no source of Demon Force, only a massive amount that will go away eventually and leave you dead.” Luna remarks.

            “It’s enough to at least kill you.” Zaphyr comments.

            “Whatever, let’s just end this.” Luna says.

            “Now you’re talking.” Zaphyr says.

                        Meanwhile, Faye is inside of the darkness temple, her Pixies working on a big door with a carving of what seems like a holy woman on top of a tower, the tower below has what seems like human civilization. At the woman’s sides are what seems like many stars and even planets, and light and darkness in either hand with what seems like twilight in the middle. Faye looks at the ruin and smiles, a Pixie next to Faye asks. “Why are you smiling my queen? Are we doing something wrong?”

            “No, I’m just staring at Soriana’s etched ruins, I’m happy that I don’t have to face her, I wonder what happened to her, I doubt there was anyone powerful enough to kill her.” Faye replies.

            “We don’t know either, all we know is that she just disappeared.” The Pixie says.

            “Good, that leaves me to take her place soon.” Faye smiles.

                        Astrid comes in and sees all the Pixies working on the door.

            “What’s taking so long?” Astrid asks.

            “Like we said before, it’s a powerful magical lock, it’s not that easy.” A Pixie says.

            “What makes it so complicated?” Astrid asks.

            “Let me explain, this lock has Cosmic Force in it, it’s not easy to bypass such power, it was made by the Goddess herself, I’m even surprised that my Pixies can even unlock it.” Faye explains.

            “Your highness, even though she made the lock, it seems she purposefully left ways to unlock it, you see, it has a few faults that are too obvious.” A Pixie says.

            “Soriana was no fool, she was making sure that whoever opened the lock was worthy of the power that lies beyond, and not just that, only someone with Cosmic Force can claim that power.” Lucien’s voice says from behind all of them.

                        Everyone looks back.

            “I know because it’s stated in every temple and runes left standing that served as Soriana’s shrines.” Lucien says.

            “It’s true; we need someone with Cosmic Force to finish unlocking this after we’re done with all the processes beforehand.” A Pixie says.

            “She played well her cards huh.” Faye says and looks back at Soriana’s image in the rune of the door.

            “Anyways, it looks like Gen-Exis finally have their hands tied attacking Alfheim, now should be the time to make our move.” Astrid remarks.

            “You’re right, but I still have to wait for this door to be unlocked.” Lucien states.

            “If you’re going to wait, I’m going to take action now, I take my leave, my Pixies will help you unlock this door, and when they do, they will come back to me, and when you get your powers, we will decide who is better, and I will kill you when the time comes, there can’t be two rulers in this world.” Faye says.

            “True, the next time I see you, I will be prepared to kill you, rest assured.” Lucien says.      “Ha, we’ll see.” Faye smiles and leaves.

            “We’re almost there Astrid.” Lucien says.

            “Yes, I know.” Astrid nods.

            “I will reward you as soon as this door opens.” Lucien says.

                        Lucien looks at the Pixies work on the door and his smile widens, Astrid smiles as well. Back at the current war, the Elves keep at bay the Gen-Exis troops and easily destroying the mechas with their magic spells, Venart makes a magical barrier around Alfheim, Redhizer uses his miasma, they both clash and keep struggling to take over the other.

            “The Elves are much more powerful than any of anticipated; Gen-Exis underestimated their powers and knowledge.” Redhizer says.

            “Sir, what should we do? We’re losing many soldiers.” A soldier asks.

            “We’ll keep on fighting until we end this; it’s going to be either us or them who fall.” Redhizer answers.

                        Inside Alfheim, Bridget appears; she looks around and thinks to herself. “Been so long since I’ve been here…” She sniffs the fresh breeze. “I miss this more than anything, being surrounded by nature… why did I even join Gen-Exis to begin with? And now doing some idiotic mission. That’s it; I’m staying home and fight off Gen-Exis.”

                        Bridget runs to aid her fellow Elves, back to Luna and Zaphyr, Zaphyr brings back her Sais with her Demon Force, Luna forms them once again with her bracelet. Zaphyr disappears from Luna’s view and appears in midair throwing both her Sais covered in Demon Force towards Luna. Luna turns around rapidly and throws her Sais covered in Nature Force, they both clash, gold and red energy covering the big room, both keep on releasing more and more energy, the Demon Force begins to overpower Luna’s Nature Force, but Luna explodes in Nature Force and it begins to overpower the Demon Force. Zaphyr smiles and unleashes even more Demon Force, completely overpowering Luna’s Nature Force, Luna receives the full blast and is sent flying against the wall, breaking it and sending her to the next room. Luna coughs blood as she lies on the floor in pain, Zaphyr enters this room and smiles, Luna looks at her with hatred.

            “Lost your confidence?” Zaphyr asks mockingly.

            “You wish.” Luna stands up.

            “Hahaha, it’s not too late to give up princess, if you do, I promise I’ll end your life as painless as possible.” Zaphyr smirks.

            “You think I’ll ever give up? If you can read into the future, you should know exactly that I will never give up, and even you can’t know the outcome of this battle because your future telling powers are too busy reading my movements, so you can’t concentrate to read what happens in the end.” Luna says.

            “You’re right, but that’s no problem, I’m stronger than you right now, so the outcome is obvious.” Zaphyr comments.

            “Believe what you want.” Luna says.

            “Words of a sore loser.” Zaphyr says.

            “We’ll see about that w***e.” Luna runs towards Zaphyr and jumps over her, grabbing her bracelet from the floor and forming a big cannon, she concentrates a great deal of Nature Force almost instantly and shoots a giant laser towards Zaphyr. Zaphyr blocks the giant laser with her Demon Force alone and repels it to the side; the giant laser breaks a wall and exits to the outside. Luna quickly forms the cannon into a scythe and charges at Zaphyr covered in Nature Force, then making a swift diagonal slash at her, Zaphyr easily evades, Luna forms her scythe into a big double edged halberd and swings once again. Zaphyr catches the halberd with her hand and with one of her Sais slices Luna’s ribs and them pierces her right shoulder, leaving her Sai thrust deep inside her shoulder. Luna grunts, but forms her halberd into a rapier, swiftly piercing Zaphyr’s heart, she widens her eyes and jumps back, Zaphyr looks back at Luna and concentrates very high amounts of Demon Force into her wound to make it heal.

            “Hahaha, too bad for you.” Zaphyr laughs.

            “You think?” Luna asks hastily forming her rapier into a giant claymore and charging towards Zaphyr. Zaphyr barely evades, Luna makes ninety degree turn and pierces Zaphyr’s stomach with the blades sides, leaving it buried. Zaphyr again hastily regenerates using high amounts of Demon Force, as she heals herself, Luna concentrates Nature Force into the blade, leaving Zaphyr’s wound open. Zaphyr struggles to heal it, but keeps on consuming too much Demon Force; Luna finally removes the blade and forms it into a giant crossbow and pointing at Zaphyr.

            “It’ll take too much Demon Force to close that wound, and after you do so, yoor powers will not match mine.” Luna smiles.

                        Zaphyr widens her eyes noticing Luna’s plan.

            “You! You made me use all this Demon Force just to weaken me? I’m going to kill you!” Zaphyr yells furiously.

                        Luna smirks, Zaphyr concentrates all her remaining Demon Force and surrounds the whole room, Luna withstands its density and concentrates all her energy into a very big Nature Force arrow into her giant crossbow. Zaphyr begins to move very fast spreading herself into illusions; Luna closes her eyes for a moment, searching for the real Zaphyr and suddenly fires her arrow to Zaphyr. The arrow goes right through an illusion, Zaphyr’s illusions disappear and the real one appears in front of Luna laughing, Luna reverts back to her normal self.

            “What will you do now? You’ve exhausted the limit of your Nature Force transformation.” Zaphyr asks mockingly.

                        Luna smiles, Zaphyr notices something is wrong; Luna’s giant Nature Force arrow comes back after being reflected by the giant mirror in the other room and strikes Zaphyr’s back, making her explode into dust.

             “You didn’t see that coming did ya.” Luna smiles and falls on the ground unconscious.



© 2011 Shin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome chap man, finally the Zaphyr is dead, long live the Elfs lol, something tells me Soriana was very dangerous, hmm wonder why, i loved the fight man, weapon master vs a future reading user, very cool fight, bridget joined alfheim f**k yeah, she was like ''f**k gen-exis'' lol i am lookign foward to see the rest man, keep up the good work

Posted 12 Years Ago


I haven't finished this one Moony, it's only about half way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Smiles.... =/

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

556 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 16, 2011

Elemental Ascension


Author

Shin
Shin

Hartford, CT



About
I love to write and draw, not much other than that. Elemental Ascension creation date: September 10th, 2004 Contest Awards: A New Fantasy Era Contest: 1st - Elemental Ascension - Jul 19, 201.. more..

Writing
Chapter 03: Origin Chapter 03: Origin

A Chapter by Shin