Chapter 68: The Beasts

Chapter 68: The Beasts

A Chapter by Shin

                        Sylvia rapidly lifts her sword’s hilt slightly; the ground under Kuzan shakes and shatters rising up big boulders of stone, but Kuzan doesn’t even bother to move and ends up buried in this cave. Sylvia is not sure if she got him or not, but small cracks start to appear in many points of the giant boulder as his Spirit Force comes out of them gushing out and spreading the holes even bigger until it finally  shatters completely.

            “Don’t tell me that’s all you’ve got?” Kuzan asks with a disappointed expression.

            “How?” Sylvia asks.

            “How? Don’t tell me, you thought that I had the same strength as before? How much of an idiot are you?” Kuzan asks smugly.

            “I haven’t finished with you yet, I don’t care what little strength you have acquired.” Sylvia states.

            “To face an entity like me now is utter stupidity.” Kuzan says, waves of Spirit Force escaping his body in small, but strong portions.

                        Sylvia begins to run towards Kuzan swiftly as she scrapes her sword on the ground saying. “Earth Sunder!” Then slashing away at him, making all the earth scraped on the ground by her sword strike Kuzan in the form of her sword, but he welcomes the strike, the giant version of Sylvia’s sword made out of the earth pierces his middle body and lifting him up. Sylvia sees Kuzan just hanging up there looking lifeless. She stares at him for a few seconds to make sure he is dead, but all of a sudden a huge ball of fluorescent Demon Force surrounds him, the earth-made sword crumbles into pieces, the energy fades away, Kuzan is nowhere to be seen, Sylvia looks around quickly. Kuzan appears behind her without her notice, his long black nails gently touching her hair, she notices and makes a one hundred eighty degree turn with a horizontal slash, but his reflection fades away with the slash. His laughter can be heard around in echoes, she again looks for him, she stabs her sword in the ground, her Spirit Force begins to jump, elevating rapidly by the hundreds, some pieces of stone levitate and stick to her, forming a very light armor. Kuzan out of the blue is standing in front of her in his Abaddon form; Sylvia is surprised to see him.

            “So this is how you’re stronger… Didn’t think you could pull off such a thing.” Sylvia says.

            “Oh, so you know about the demons.” Kuzan says casually.

            “Of course, even though it’s classified information not even a five star general can see, I could manage to learn some of it.” Sylvia explains.

            “Good, so you know how powerful I can be.” Kuzan says.

            “Yes, but I have my own wild card as well.” Sylvia comments.

            “Really?” Kuzan asks sarcastically.

                        Kuzan simply vanishes, he appears in front of Sylvia with a Javelin, but Sylvia looks into his eye with her left eye that has a red tattoo, it begins to shine, he immediately blinks, but Sylvia has already pierced his chest and slashed upwards, she speedily comes in with another slash, but Kuzan is able to stop her blade on time. All of a sudden he’s cut yet again, this time vertically, he looks around and can see her, but her movements look humanly impossible.

            “Why is she so fast all of a sudden? I know her Spirit Force doubled because she sucked the earth’s energy, but she couldn’t have gotten that fast with just that. It started when her tattoo shined? Could it be that it’s one of my same tattoos? Yes, it is, but it has another effect, but what exactly?” Kuzan asks himself all these questions very fast.

                        Kuzan’s wounds regenerate, he spots Sylvia coming in to attack him, he closes his eyes and simply feels her Spirit Force, he stops her diagonal slash with his hand and with his other grabs hold of her throat lifting her up and begins to strangle her.

            “I figured out what your tattoo does, it slows my eye sight so that I’ll feel slower, but I can always fight by just feeling you energy, with my eyes closed of course.” Kuzan states.

                        He let’s go of her, she falls on the ground coughing.

            “I think I want to play with you a little longer.” Kuzan says excited.

                        Meanwhile, Zieg’s party is out of Xordania.

            “The Ignis Fatuus is still too far away, we’d take too long if we go by conventional means.” Jiro remarks.

            “What are you suggesting?” Mayumi questions.

            “I suggest that Zieg uses our father’s warping amulet.” Jiro says.

            “The warping what?” Mayumi asks confused.

                        Zieg reaches into his pocket and takes out the weird amulet with a pattern similar to that of a galaxy.

            “Alright, now to use it in a safe and responsible�"” Jiro is cut off as Zieg grabs him and Mayumi and they are sucked in into a portal, they travel through a wormhole and appear in the Eurania continent close to Vakidor in less than minute.

            “�"way!” Jiro finishes his sentence and lands on a tree while Zieg and Mayumi land safely on the ground. Jiro climbs off the tree and walks towards Zieg and smacks behind his head. “That was completely irresponsible! You could have disintegrated all of us in there!” Jiro shouted.

            “Ouch!” Zieg yells rubbing his back head. “I knew what I was doing.”

            “Yeah right!” Jiro says annoyed.

            “We got here anyhow, right? Let’s just keep moving.” Mayumi says.

            “You’re right, but it was still wrong…” Jiro says pissed off.

            “Just hurry up.” Mayumi says walking off.

            “Hey wait up.” Jiro says following her along with Zieg.

                        Back with Kuzan and Sylvia, she is pushed back by him, Kuzan easily beating her up, he receives every earth elemental attack head on, but simply regenerates and keeps on with his beating.

            “No wonder… you were able to kill… Zin…” Sylvia says.

            “Again with this, I’m getting tired of you.” Kuzan says irritated.

                        Sylvia leaps towards him, Kuzan jumps over her and stomps her down with his body, she coughs blood, Kuzan steps her head softly pushing her face to the ground.

            “Eat the dirt you so love to use.” Kuzan says with a happy expression. Kuzan then makes an energy Javelin and raises it and pointing it towards her back, but all of a sudden a black spear is about to hit his face, but Kuzan catches it with his left hand without even looking and shatters it. “Kirisu… what a pleasant surprise.”

            “Let her go or else.” Kirisu says staring at Kuzan with narrow hateful eyes.

            “Or else? Hahaha, what will you do? Kill me? Is that the highest punishment for killing your mommy?” Kuzan asks mockingly.

            “……” Kirisu keeps on staring at Kuzan.

            “Oh alright, not like she’s the one I want to kill.” Kuzan says stepping off her.

                        Sylvia stands up a little weak and runs towards Kirisu, Kuzan smirks, he throws his Javelin towards Sylvia’s back and disappears, Kirisu disappears as well, both meet half way, but Kuzan between both of them, Sylvia’s back and chest is pierced by his Javelin leaving a big mess of blood on the ground and Kirisu unable to save her, he rapidly makes over twenty dark spears and lets them attack Kuzan while he appears next to Sylvia’s body, surprisingly she is still alive, but not for long.

            “Mom!” Kirisu shouts desperately.

            “Kirisu… I’m glad you’re alright… I know you’ve made great friends… Please… don’t let Kuzan kill you…” Sylvia says almost dead.

            “Mom, please don’t go!” Kirisu says teary eyed.

            “Here… take this…” Sylvia hands over her sword. “Now you have the pair…”

            “I love you mom, and I thank everything you’ve done for me and for everyone else.” Kirisu says.

                        Sylvia smiles and closes her eyes; Kirisu takes the sword and stands up straight looking at Kuzan. Kuzan simply raises his right arm and lowers it down quickly making all the dark spears shatter, he smirks at Kirisu sinisterly, Kirisu suddenly comes out in huge waves spreading all over, he then disappears from Kuzan’s view. Kirisu swiftly slashes his ribs, then slicing his throat with an horizontal attack, Kuzan smiles and holds his head, a red line of blood appears as if it was a necklace, his wounds regenerate and his head stays steady.

            “Wow Kirisu, what speed… You’re much better than bef�"”            Kuzan’s mouth by Kirisu’s sword, thrusting into his skull, Kirisu appearing under him, then rips out his sword leaving Kuzan’s face in a vertical deep cut. Kirisu jumps back, Kuzan covers his face, after a few seconds Kuzan uncovers his face and appears completely healed.

            “Haha, what’s the rush Kirisu? Don’t you want to enjoy trying to kill me? With that inhuman speed you won’t be able to kill me, but it seems I should show you my ascension to grace… Be the first to presence of such a holy view.” Kuzan says as he begins to transform into his angel form.

            “What?” Kirisu asks shocked.

            “Be very afraid…” Kuzan says in a menacing tone. “Behold, the power of Metatron.”

            “This power is beyond me as I am now…” Kirisu thinks.

                        Kirisu hears Kuzan’s voice from behind. “What are you thinking?” Kirisu rotates quickly making a upward diagonal slash, but he is no longer there.

            “I didn’t even notice he had disappeared.” Kirisu thinks as he looks around.

            “Your senses are not enough.” Kuzan says, but still nowhere to be seen.

            “Then I’ll make them enough.” Kirisu shouts.

            “Hahaha, simpleton.” Kuzan says.

                        Kirisu closes his eyes to concentrate, after a second he opens his eyes and has crosses on them. Then he quickly spots Kuzan next to him, he does a rapid horizontal slash cutting Kuzan’s abdomen, Kuzan widens his eyes in disbelief.

            “How? What? Those eyes… angel powers as well… How did you�"” Kuzan is interrupted as Kirisu rushes towards him, Kuzan easily blocks and punches Kirisu’s face sending him flying, then appearing on him and stomping him to the ground.

            “Those eyes won’t be enough.” Kuzan states.

                        Kirisu cuts his leg, Kuzan smacks his sword away and grabs him by the throat, then lifting him up and slamming him against the temple columns. Then he slams him again and again until Kirisu’s back is bruised up, Kirisu tries to escape Kuzan’s grip, but it is too powerful. Kirisu then takes out his handgun and shoots Kuzan’s abdomen with a magic round, Kuzan throws Kirisu away to his right as his wounds regenerate, he walks towards Kirisu, but the magic round explodes inside him, stalagmites pierce his body from inside out, blood spurts all over. To Kirisu’s surprise, Kuzan’s body is pierced, but is still complete, the stalagmites disappear, Kuzan’s wounds heal.

            “Don’t you see Kirisu? You can’t kill me in this form.” Kuzan remarks.

            “Maybe not as I am now.” Kirisu states.

            “Careful with your words, it sounds as if you even have an ace in the hole.” Kuzan says in a warning tone.

            “Oh but I do.” Kirisu smiles.

                        Kuzan makes an irritated expression and rapidly attacks Kirisu grabbing hold of his face and slamming him against the ground, Kirisu smiles as he turns into his Michael form.

            “This can’t be!” Kuzan says shocked.

                        Kirisu grabs ahold of Kuzan’s arm and breaks it in two, Kuzan yells and flies back.

            “Michael…” Kuzan says shaken.

            “How do you recognize this form?” Kirisu asks.

            “Metatron’s memory, I have some access to it.” Kuzan replies.

            “Good, so you know how strong Michael is.” Kirisu says.

            “Hahaha, of course, but in a human body like yours, his powers are limited, you only have a wink of that power.” Kuzan says.

            “It’ll be enough to destroy you.” Kirisu states.

            “Well, what are you waiting for?” Kuzan taunts Kirisu.

                        Kirisu charges at Kuzan, Kuzan makes a Javelin made out of Divine Force and blocks Kirisu’s sword, Kirisu then disappears and slashes Kuzan’s back, Kuzan turns around swiftly, but Kirisu slices one of his legs off, making Kuzan fall on the ground. Kuzan then grabs his leg and sticks it back to its original place, his leg connecting instantly, Kirisu appears making an horizontal slash, but Kuzan stops it with his hand, Kirisu pushes and slices all his fingers off, then coming back and chopping his other arm and finally slicing through his body like butter. Kuzan widens his eyes in surprise and makes an angry expression as he falls on the ground completely crippled, Kirisu walks towards Kuzan with sword in hand about to finish him off.

            “This is for all the people you’ve made suffer, especially me.” Kirisu says.

            “Haha, come on and finish me already!” Kuzan shouts.

                        Kirisu slashes down in a vertical manner, but something strange happens, a gray light comes out of Kuzan, blinding Kirisu’s view and everything around, this gray light covers hundreds of miles and the whole peak of the mountain along with the temple of light. All this area disappears instantly leaving only the resort intact in the middle of the mountain. Kirisu appears above all this flying as he looks down at the vast amount of power Kuzan let out, and the great destruction. Meanwhile Jiro’s party reaches Vakidor, Mayumi looks around and says. “I sense great energy heading towards the Gen-Exis base.”

            “It’s close by.” Jiro says.

            “Hurry.” Zieg begins to run towards the base along with the party.

                        They run for a while until they reach it, there they see Rupert Apollo holding the Ignis Fatuus and accompanied by Amaterasu, both look back and notice the party.

            “You need protection from them?” Amaterasu asks calmly.

            “Yes.” Rupert nods.

            “They don’t seem too strong.” Amaterasu comments.

            “They are simply compressing their true powers.” Rupert says.

                        Amaterasu observes them and says. “Notus and Eurus, I did not notice you inside of those mortal bodies, how lowly.”

            “Not as lowly as you think, you should try it sometime; it’s not such a bad handicap.” Jiro says.

            “I can take on all three; you go and do what you were going to do.” Amaterasu says.

            “No, I’ve felt their energies before, I won’t risk it.” Rupert states.

            “Who will you summon to assist me?” Amaterasu questions.

            “You’ll see.” Rupert says as he begins to use the Ignis Fatuus and chants. “Brother and son by title, seeker of power, great mischief is your greatest quality, come forth, Loki!”

                        Vast amounts of Demon Force accumulates in front of the party, the earth shakes as a man with long black spiky hair dressed in a black suit and coat with long black boots appears walking out of the portal calmly and with a smile on his face.

            “Feels good to be back, I even came dressed properly for the time.” Loki says.

            “Father God of the gods of Valhalla, I need your all seeing eye to pass judgment on these petty mortals, Odin!” Rupert chants.

                        The ground shakes even more, wildly than ever, the portal where Loki came out of expands many fold as a black horse can be seem coming out, carrying a rider dressed in black armor looking like a black knight wielding a lance on his back. The rider looks at the party with a shining blue left eye and walks next to Loki using his horse.

            “Now I have time to complete the elemental beast. All of you, dispose of these foolish idiots.” Rupert says.

            “All we have to do now is chose our opponents.” Loki says.

            “Eurus is mine.” Odin says.

            “I want the girl.” Amaterasu says.

            “That was fast; I thought we would have to resort to use rock, paper, scissors.” Loki comments with a grin, he quickly appears in front of Zieg.

            “Loki, it’s been long.” Zieg says.

            “I figured we’d have to fight one day, but I didn’t think it would be in the human world, that sucks.” Loki says.

            “Let’s go!” Zieg disappears, Loki does too, both appear, Zieg throwing a punch and Loki easily catching it, then pulling Zieg towards himself and hitting his stomach with the knee, then twisting Zieg’s arm and throwing him against the ground.

            “Wow, didn’t think a human body could get you this weak.” Loki remarks.

                        Zeig kicks up as he does capoeira, Loki quickly catching his left foot, lifting him up as he begins to spin in circles, and slamming Zieg against a building, breaking it.

            “Hahahaha! This is so much fun!” Loki laughs aloud.

                        Zieg appears behind Loki with his sword unsheathed and making an upwards diagonal slash, Loki side steps and again catches his arm, twisting it, dominating Zieg easily.

            “So many openings, one after the other.” Loki says calmly.

            “Ugghh.” Zieg frowns in pain.

            “I absolutely love your human face in pain.” Loki comments.

                        Zieg’s eyes turn slit, he turns into his demon form and grabs Loki by his throat, strangling him and pushing him back.

            “This is more like it!” Loki grins.

                        Zieg slams Loki against a nearby parked bus, Loki bursts in Demon Force, everything around disintegrating except for Zieg. Loki smiles and begins to transform, his whole body becoming gigantic and into a big wolf�"like creature. Zieg backs off and stares at Loki who is now measuring over thirty feet tall.

            “Fenrir…” Zieg says.

            “That’s right!” Loki laughs uncontrollably.

                        Loki begins to run around the city trying to bite Zieg, despite his huge form, he is incredibly fast, Zieg unleashes a Firestorm attack, but it has no effect on Loki in his new form, Zieg then engulfs his sword Mana Force making it a Tetra blade. Zieg jumps from building to building avoiding Loki’s bites and enormous Demon Force, Zieg then turns around and makes a few slashes on Loki’s legs disabling him and making him fall on the ground.

            “Not bad Notus! You have incredible speed and strength in that form.” Loki says.

            “Haha, get up and fight!” Zieg says smiling.

            “That’s the spirit! Have fun! Hell, why don’t I change into something a little more… chilling!” Loki says as he begins to transform again, this time becoming ten times bigger and forming into a snake�"like creature.

            “Jormungard!” Zieg says surprised.

            “Aww, too bad in the human world I have only a tiny bit of my full powers, that’s why my Jormungard form is very, very tiny as well… Whatever, who cares right?” Loki laughs.

            “Now I’m in trouble!” Zieg says.

            “You bet! Jormungard’s form is much stronger than Fenrir’s by a whole lot! Not that the real Fenrir is weaker than Jormungard anyways.” Loki comments.

            “I won’t waste any time, it’s time.” Zieg says.

            “I’m waiting.” Loki says.

                        Zieg begins to concentrate Demon Force inward until all his energy surrounds him and behind him his energy takes form of a humanoid hyena. Zieg’s Demon Force jumps, doubling his normal Force level.

            “I can see your true form; looks like you’ve somehow managed to keep it despite your mortal body, even in an Esper form.” Loki says.

            “Yep.” Zieg says.

                        Zieg appears all of a sudden on Loki’s head.

            “Nice, you’re insanely fast.” Loki states.

            “Not fast enough.” Zieg says.

                        Loki smiles, his tail already behind Zieg, Zieg disappears and appears with his sword raised, part of Loki’s tail falls off, it begins to regenerate. Loki begins to hiss and follow Zieg, rapidly thrusting his tail at Zieg many time, Zieg tries to cut it again, but can’t. Loki hits him very hard, throwing him very far away, Zieg recovers in midair, Loki appears in front of him hitting him yet again and trying to bite him, Loki then catches Zieg with his huge mouth, but can’t manage to close it because Zieg holds it open with one hand and says as Demon Force explodes wildly from him. “Ventus Maximus.”

                        All the Demon Force concentrates on Zieg’s sword along with high amounts of wind pressure, his sword almost looking like a twister, he makes a downward slash, the twister enters Loki’s throat and expands in the inside making his whole body implode and fall on the ground and transforming back.

            “Uggh…” Loki coughs blood as he laughs.

            “Your transformations aren’t as mighty as the real ones.” Zieg comments.

            “True, but I’m not finished yet.” Loki says as he stands up.

                        Zieg stares down at him, Loki walks towards Zieg and extends his right arm towards him and grabbing his neck, Loki’s arm then begins to fade away to ashes.

            “This isn’t over; we’ll meet again, not now, but eventually.” Loki says smiling.

            “I know.” Zieg nods.

            “Heh.” Loki grins as he fades completely to ash.

                        Amaterasu and Mayumi step forward, Amaterasu holds her mirror tightly, all of a sudden both appear in opposite sides with their swords unsheathed. Everything between them is completely destroyed, they look back and clash their swords, both staring at each other coldly. Mayumi jumps over her and makes a horizontal slash, Amaterasu covers with her mirror, Mayumi makes a backflip and lets out a lightning bolt which bounces off of Amaterasu’s mirror and back to Mayumi. Mayumi absorbs the bolt with her sword, then covers it in flames and rushes in, Amaterasu blocks with her mirror yet again, the flames coming back at Mayumi, she is obligated to jump back, Amaterasu sees an opening and makes a diagonal slash, but Mayumi disappears all of a sudden and appears behind Amaterasu with a vertical slash, she turns around and barely blocks with her mirror, she looks into Mayumi’s eyes noticing what seems as an electric spark and it fades.

            “That weapon that you hold, its Muramasa’s ten thousand cold nights.” Amaterasu says.

            “That’s right.” Mayumi says.

            “It’s no wonder you suddenly burst with two times your power, it’s strange, that weapon is supposed to possess you, and you are completely sane and without bloodlust.” Amaterasu states.

            “How do you think that is?”

            “You’re an Elf?” Amaterasu questions.

                        Mayumi turns her head, making visible her small Elven ears.

            “It’s no wonder, but you’re not a full Elf, with dark silver blue hair, I’d say you’re a Satsume as well, the Muramasa should affect you to a certain level, let’s see how much time you can use that sword before losing your judgment.” Amaterasu says.

            “Come at me.” Mayumi says.

                        Amaterasu raises her sword and light shines brightly, it blocks Mayumi’s view and begins to burn her clothes, Mayumi jumps up very high in the air, the light still reaching her. The spark appears in Mayumi’s eyes once again, then she surrounds her sword with Mana Force and fires down a water splash that compresses turning into a type of laser, the light dissipates, but Amaterasu is nowhere to be seen, Mayumi looks up and notices Amaterasu coming down at her with her sword, Mayumi blocks the attack, both land on the ground, light shines, Mayumi bursts in Mana Force and pushes Amaterasu back.

            “Not bad child, the Muramasa really suits you, you can control it well.” Amaterasu remarks.

                        Mayumi’s eyes fade again; Amaterasu is no longer pushed back.

            “Instead of losing your judgment to the blade, you simply lose its power gradually.” Amaterasu comments.

                        Amaterasu uses her Demon Force to push away Mayumi; she stabs her sword into the ground and once again explodes in Mana Force, her eyes shining once again. Mayumi channels her energy through the sword and into the ground making much of the ground around her blast in a few mile radiuses, Amatreasu easily evades, Mayumi appears behind her and thrusts her through the kimono and into her stomach. Amaterasu removes herself from the blade, her wounds close immediately, she points her sword at Mayumi and fires off small beams of light that surround her and attacks her at once. Mayumi backflips, evading successfully and coming at Amaterasu with a horizontal slash with her sword covered in flames, the flames cover a wide area, but Amaterasu is able to stop Mayumi’s blade in their tracks along with the flames. Mayumi pushes her blade even harder; Amaterasu pushes Mayumi’s sword downward with her’s and grabbing Mayumi’s throat with her free hand and slamming her against an electric pole. Amaterasu then leans her sword back, covering her sword with light and ready to make the finishing blow, but Mayumi makes a surprise diagonal slash that makes the building behind Amaterasu crumble, Amaterasu looks at herself, her kimono having the same slash as the building.

            “You let me grab you on purpose, your blade was still covered in Mana Force from a while ago and you just hid it…” Amaterasu says.

            “That’s right, my strike ended you the minute I used Muramasa’s curse.” Mayumi says.

            “I see…” Amaterasu turns to ash and fades away.

                        As Mayumi sheathes her sword, Odin walks his horse towards Jiro calmly; all that can be heard is the clapping sounds of the horse on the pavement. Odin stops his horse about twenty feet away from him until all of a sudden he sees Odin next to him, attacking him without hesitation with his lance, Jiro swiftly unsheathes his sword in an unbelievable speed and blocks the attack, but Odin disappears, he looks and notices that Odin is simply sitting on his horse as if nothing happened.

            “Do not let your guard down, not even for a second or you will die horribly.” Odin comments.

            “I know what I’m doing.” Jiro says.

                        All of a sudden Odin appears again attacking Jiro, Jiro blocks, Odin appears even more frequently all around Jiro as he attacks, Jiro in a superhuman speed blocks every attack one after the other as he notices that Odin has still not moved from his horse, but blocking an attack at the same time. The attacks stop, Jiro jumps back and looks around as if analyzing.

            “You’re somehow on your horse, but at the same time attacking me as if you were many.” Jiro says.

            “What you’re fighting is my subconscious energy attacking you, I’m not even thinking about it.” Odin remarks.

            “Impressive.” Jiro says.

                        Again, many Odin’s appears to attack him, Jiro blocks at an incredible speed, then jumping towards the real Odin, Jiro has his sight on Odin without blinking, but all of a sudden Odin isn’t there, Jiro widens his eyes and turns around in midair and blocks Odin’s lance that comes down on him. Jiro lands on the ground, the ground cracks and breaks down leaving a small crater under Jiro.

            “How is this possible? I had my view on Odin!” Jiro thinks to himself.

                        Odin’s lance flies upward and then towards Odin who is calmly around thirty feet away from Jiro next to a building. Jiro runs towards Odin throwing multiple water wind blades, Odin let’s Jiro’s attack hit him directly and waits for Jiro’s strike, Jiro jumps at him making a horizontal slash, but Odin simply catches his sword with his bare hand.

            “You will have to do much better than this if you want to live past today.” Odin states.

            “I’ve noticed.” Jiro says as he transforms into his demon form.

                        Odin bursts in Demon Force, Jiro flies backwards, Odin begins to run towards Jiro with his horse, Jiro can now see Odin’s movements, but barely. Odin attacks Jiro with his lance, trying a piercing attack, but Jiro simply dodges and counters, Odin easily repels the attacks and attacks again. Jiro counters all of Odin’s strikes, but Odin always manages to counter back and still dominates Jiro in battle.

            “Just because you can see my movements more clearly doesn’t mean that you will defeat me.” Odin remarks.

            “Looks like my demon form won’t be enough to send you back…” Jiro says.

                        Jiro starts to focus Demon Force inward until all his energy surrounds him, his tribal tattoo shines blood red, and behind him, his energy takes form of a humanoid coyote.

            “Twice the power, much more suiting for you.” Odin comments.

                        Odin tries to walk his horse towards Jiro, but Jiro appears next to his horse petting his head.

            “That was most elegant.” Odin says as he jumps down the horse, his horse disappears.

            “Finally down the horse.”

            “You finally surpassed Sleipnir’s speed.” Odin comments.

            “All this time and it was the horse’s speed I couldn’t match?” Jiro asks.

            “That’s right.” Odin nods.

            “Embarrassing.” Jiro shakes his head.

            “Sleipnir is faster than most demons, your embarrassment is unnecessary.” Odin remarks.

            “Are you ready?” Jiro asks.

            “Always.” Odin replies.

                        Both Odin and Jiro rush towards each other crossing their weapons, both having matching speeds. Jiro unleashes many water wind blades, but Odin easily slices them in half one after the other as he attacks Jiro. Jiro blocks and counters calmly and then covers his sword in Demon Force and tries a horizontal slash, but Odin blocks with his lance, both energies collide, both trying to dominate one over the other.

            “Your energy is quite good despite your limitations.” Odin comments.

            “You’re limited as well and you’re kicking my a*s.” Jiro states.

            “No need for such praise, let us finish this.” Odin says.

                        Odin pushes Jiro back, Jiro jumps very far back using the wind to expel him much farther, Odin begins to run at an unbelievable speed after Jiro, but Jiro says as his Demon Force surrounds him. “Demon’s Wallow.”  His Demon Force make many walls that block Odin, Odin stops to concentrate energy, but as he does so, Jiro’s walls completely seal him, a bright red light shines and everything within the dome explodes. Jiro lands safely on the ground, but he feels Odin’s energy, he looks upward and sees Odin completely covered in all his remaining Demon Force and concentrating it on his lance and throwing it towards him. Jiro widens his eyes in shock to see such oppressing Demon Force coming towards him; Jiro jumps as he concentrates all his remaining Demon Force and begins to try to stop the lance, he uses all his wind powers and energy as the lance is within range. The lance fights through the wind and energy, but still is unable to pass rapidly until the lance is reversed by Jiro’s wind exploding in Jiro’s Demon Force along with Odin’s original energy and comes back at Odin at an impossible speed. Odin stops it with his hand for a time, but it overpowers him, the attack covers a wide range in the sky leaving nothing behind, just a bit of ash. Rupert finishes his spell; very big amounts of Spirit Force accumulate along with different types of elements forming a giant type of something looking similar to a behemoth.

            “The elemental beast is finally formed! Such power!” Rupert says amazed.

            “Time to get my hands dirty… again.” Mayumi says, but Zieg and Jiro land in front of her still with their esper forms.

            “We’ll handle this in nothing.” Jiro says.

            “Our powers are enough.” Zieg says.

            “Whatever then.” Mayumi says shrugging her shoulders.

                        The beasts looks at the party and charges towards them, all the elements surrounding it, so many colors and energy just oozing off it. Zieg and Jiro burst their swords in Demon Force and both simply make a horizontal slash as they pass by either side of the beast, the beast still looking in one-piece heads towards Mayumi, but she unsheathes her sword making a vertical slash at a very high speed, the slashes glow on the beast’s body making it disappear.

            “What?” Rupert widens his eyes in disbelief. “That’s impossible!”

            “Believe what you want.” Jiro says.

            “Now you will all die!” Rupert shouts angrily exploding in Spirit Force.

                        All of a sudden, Rupert is cleaved in half, he turns to ash.

            “This b***h again.” Mayumi comments.

            “Watch your words.” Raven says appearing in front of the party along with Gen-Exis soldiers behind her.

            “Looks like she has company.” Zieg says.

            “Please stop stating the obvious.” Jiro sighs.

            “I’ll take them.” Zieg says.

            “No, I will be fighting here… against her.” Raven says pointing at Mayumi.

            “Fine, I won’t need my sword to do it.” Mayumi says throwing her sword towards Zieg, he catches it. She steps forward at the same time as Raven.

            “A little confident are we.” Raven remarks as she removes her Altergun with its bag and throws it to one of her soldier’s.

                        All the soldiers surround them, the area now looking like an arena. Mayumi snaps her knuckles and clenches her fists; Raven lifts her fists in a defensive CQC pose.

            “Place your bets!” Zieg shouts at the soldiers.

                        The soldiers begin to take out cash and giving it to Zieg.

            “Looks like three to one against Mayumi.” Jiro says.

            “Naturally.” Zieg nods.

                        Mayumi and Raven charge towards each other both throwing her punches, Raven rapidly blocks with her left arm and punches Mayumi’s face very hard, but Mayumi grabs her right arm and head-butts Raven, Raven falls on the ground. Raven kicks Mayumi’s feet making her trip and fall, both stand up, Raven comes in and easily blocks and counters all of Mayumi’s punches. Mayumi comes in, punches Raven with an uppercut, and then comes in with a combo of punches, then kicking her stomach making Raven bend down in pain and hitting the back of her head with her elbow.

            “Stay down.” Mayumi spits blood.

            “No way.” Raven says as she stands up.

                        Mayumi swiftly punches Raven’s face very hard, Raven punches her back, both landing punches one after the other, everyone cheering all around in this brutal fight. Raven again comes in with all the advantage, giving Mayumi a beat down, but Mayumi jumps back and places her arms in an offensive Wing Chun pose.

            “It’s over.” Jiro states.

            “About time she got serious.” Zieg comments.

            “She was fighting recklessly.” Jiro remarks.

            “My money is still on the captain!” A soldier says.

                        Raven comes in, Mayumi blocks and grabs Raven’s arm and twists it, then blocking her free punch and pulling her in and head-butting her once again, then pulls her yet again and hits her stomach with her knee, then spins her with her left arm and kicks her buttocks, Raven falls on the ground.

            “Wow, she literally kicked her a*s.” Zieg says.

                        Raven stands up quickly and angrily charges at Mayumi, Raven throws many punches and kicks, but Mayumi easily blocks them, then finally countering them with a combo of her own, punching and kicking Raven repeatedly until Raven falls on the ground full of bruises and blood.

            “Ugghhh.” Raven coughs and stands up again.

            “Stand down or she will kill you.” Jiro says.

            “Shut up!” Raven shouts.

            “Mayumi won, you fought greatly, but stand down now and live to fight another day.” Jiro says.

            “He’s right captain, it’s not defeat, only delayed victory!” A soldier comments.

            “You were awesome captain!” A second soldier states.

            “Come on; let’s patch you up in the infirmary.” Another soldier says.

                        Raven stares at Mayumi angrily and smiles. “Alright, you win for now, but better watch your back; I won’t be losing next time.”

            “Whatever.” Mayumi says.

                        Raven leaves along with her soldiers. Meanwhile, Kirisu is flying around the mountain. “Where’s Kuzan?” He asks himself looking around. After a few seconds he feels enormous amounts of a strange type of energy, he sees Kuzan below him with a new appearance. Kuzan’s eyes shine in all colors, his hair is the same length, only in a white color with red highlights, he has eight wings, his above four are angel and his lower are demon, his nails remained long and pointy, but in a red color. He is dressed in white clothing with gold borders similar to Kirisu’s, but it has black stripes in various directions all over, glowing in red.

            “What is this?” Kirisu asks himself.

            “That is a disgrace for the high hierarchy.” A voice says to Kirisu.

            “Michael?” Kirisu asks.

            “Yes, it is me.” Michael responds.

            “Michael, his powers have surpassed mine, what should I do? Should I let you take over?” Kirisu asks.

            “This is not my fight Kirisu. Have faith, this will be over soon.” Michael responds.

            “Didn’t you hear me? I can’t beat him!” Kirisu says upset.

            “Just keep fighting, the Lord has not abandoned you, he protects you wherever you decide to walk.” Michael remarks.

            “I’ve never felt God anywhere in my life, all I’ve been through is misery, and you dare say he watches over me? I call bullshit!” Kirisu says angrily.
            “He’s coming…” Michael says.

            “What?” Kirisu notices Kuzan in front of him.

            “Spacing out in the middle of our battle.” Kuzan says in a cold tone.

                        Kuzan’s energy blows Kirisu away, Kirisu then flies at a very high speed around Kuzan leaving many dark shields and making very strong layers effectively making a perfect black sphere surrounding him.

            “This can’t contain me Kirisu, it’s pointless.” Kuzan says.

                        Kirisu looks from afar, the sphere begins to shrink, but many spikes of Kuzan’s energy pierce the sphere and shatter’s it completely. Kuzan again is in front of Kirisu in a blink of an eye, he grabs Kirisu by his throat, Kirisu pierces his stomach with his sword, but Kuzan grabs one of Kirisu’s wings and rips it off, then throwing Kirisu to the ground and again appearing next to him, picking him up and slamming him against a wall. Kirisu unsheathes his mother’s Aoi Kitsune Lemurian sword and pierces Kuzan’s arm and with his remaining sword he pierces his throat, Kuzan let’s go of Kirisu for a moment. Kirisu jumps back around twenty feet away, Kuzan removes the swords, he regenerates instantly and throws the swords on the ground, as he begins to walk towards Kirisu, the feather of his wings begin to fall off, as the feathers touch the ground they shatter like glass. Kuzan stops for a moment and smiles.

            “Looks like I’m evolving constantly.” Kuzan states.

                        He then resumes walking towards Kirisu, Kirisu’s wing begins to regenerate once again, Kuzan again appears in front of Kirisu, but Kirisu jumps over him and towards his swords picking both of them up. Kuzan smiles as the skin where his tattoo is located begins to crack inward, Kuzan charges a sphere on the palm of his hand and turns it into many javelins and send them towards Kirisu. Some of the she javelins pierce Kirisu around his body, Kirisu falls on the ground very weak.

            “Did you like that? I tried to imitate those pesky spears you so like to make, I hope you enjoyed them.” Kuzan says mockingly. Kuzan then is lost in thought, his facial expressions change. “What am I doing? I’m forgetting something important… what is it? I feel like I’m losing my memory.”

            “What’s happening to Kuzan? Is he really evolving or is he just getting even crazier?” Kirisu asks.

            “This is the degeneration process; the beings within him are wasting the seal he has with their clashing powers and will finally break him from inside out.” Michael explains.

            “Damn…” Kirisu says.

                        Kuzan begins getting upset, he keeps forgetting things from his past and present, all of a sudden Kuzan finds himself in complete darkness. “What is this? I want to kill Kirisu! But why? I just feel it… but I’m not feeling any longer…”

            “Kuzan has lost his consciousness forever; he does not exist in any realm.” Michael says.

                        Kirisu sees that Kuzan has stopped fighting and he breaks into large chunks falling to the ground and finally shattering in many pieces. Kirisu sighs and falls back unconscious. Lloyd reaches Vakidor; he looks from the highway to the city and thinks to himself. “Looks like Zieg, Jiro and Mayumi are here, but they’re all beat up judging from their energies… I’ll make Krade come to me.”



© 2013 Shin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome chapter, the fights were amazing, very detailed and interesting, the last part did suprised quite a bit, never though Kuzan would die in that manner really, keep it up man!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 23, 2011
Last Updated on April 26, 2013

Elemental Ascension


Author

Shin
Shin

Hartford, CT



About
I love to write and draw, not much other than that. Elemental Ascension creation date: September 10th, 2004 Contest Awards: A New Fantasy Era Contest: 1st - Elemental Ascension - Jul 19, 201.. more..

Writing
Chapter 03: Origin Chapter 03: Origin

A Chapter by Shin