Simplicity is the key

Simplicity is the key

A Chapter by Pax
"

~

"

Simplicity is the key

An entry

To where a part of me

Wanting to be complete

To a soul’s date

 

I ordered a simple dinner room service instead of a dinner in the dining hall. I just don’t want anything fancy with people around me. I want to know her better with just us alone. I hope she likes seafood.

 

I kept on walking, back and forth, the agitated feel is making me more nervous right now. I am thinking too much if this is already enough or too much. I hope she will not think I am seducing her with a dinner alone in my room. I must assure her first that I have no hidden agenda in what so ever. What am I thinking earlier to offer her marriage in a brief moments of confession, perhaps I found pity on her situation that I want to carry all the burden she has in life and make her happy. But that’s not the case, because like I've learned before money doesn't buy happiness, only pleasure. Happiness is earned not bought.

 

A knock on the door scrambled my thoughts.

 

There as I open the door, Cassandra stood in simple violet stripe dress with a view of her slender  shoulder and she’s wearing a light brown fitting short with too little short revealing her sexy legs.. Those legs are just long and inviting. Now I’m thinking weird thoughts. Must erase those not so good thoughts or else I can’t concentrate on knowing her. I stood in front of her motionless, stunned on how simple yet very gorgeous woman I ever seen in my life. Her hair is a bit darker red in the dim light of the entrance door. Her eyes glim in bright green, then she give away a shy smile and said:

 

“Sorry, I don’t have anything to wear. My clothes are in my apartment and it’s a bit far away here. So my friend Amy lend me something to wear. This is my friends idea on dressing me up. I don’t usually dress this way, it’s too sexy for my own taste. But then I was on a hurry cause it’ getting late for dinner and you’re probably hungry that I don’t want to keep you waiting.”

This is awkward. I regain a smile and said.

 

“No, your dress is fine and I really don’t mind. It doesn't matter what you wear, it’s the you I like to know the most. And besides, you look stunning to me, so shall we go to the table.”

 

She looks puzzled and must have thought that we are heading down at the dining hall.

 

“Table? Where dining at your room?”

 

“Yes, we are. Just wanted to know you better without any audience I see around me. You know to be honest I am a bit socially awkward person. And I’m thinking that a friendly dinner in my place, I mean hotel room will be ok, I hope I am not too assuming again. And never to worry, I am harmless, in fact this is my first ever date with a beautiful woman that I really, really liked and not some associate dinner or should I say business date.”

 

I smiled my flashy smile to reassure her of my good intention.

 

“Your very honest and direct. To assure you as well this is my first date also with a handsome man. Well then shall we proceed, you must be hungry. I hope I didn’t bore you in waiting.”

 

“No, not at all. Everything is worth to wait.”

 

I guided her towards the table for two I prepared and said:

 

“I ordered seafood and champagne. I hope you like it.”

 

“Anything thing is fine with me. I eat almost anything, expect for one fruit I am allergic.”

 

She smiled again to me. Now, how could I ever forget those, it’s embedded to my heart and soul. Like I am trapped now into her world. I guided her to her seat and we eat in silence. I can’t stand the stillness and all the awkwardness so I make a move and asked:

 

“What certain fruit you’re allergic at? Would you like some more wine?”

 

“Yes, please. Thanks. I am allergic to strawberries.”

 

Mentally taken to note. I feel nervous again… I release a big sigh and said:

 

“Sorry, I kinda don’t have any experience on this date thing. On my business dates we all talk about money, business improvements and some brain storming on how we manage things; in my case it was only school and work stuff. So I am kind of a boring guy, there is only little things interest me, numbers and now, you.  My brother is the expert on this kind of things. He’s a bit of a womanizer or so I guess he is, but he said to me, in the business world you need to socialized and learned to control things. Business is like women, fragile and delicate. You see my brother is a strategies and I am all the brainy one like he said to me. So all I got to do is study, school and work. I work while I was still studying because our parents died early, so at an early age we manage the business all in our own ways with some little help. I handled all the financials, I’m good at handling numbers. I think math is the only thing I am proud of. With all that I didn’t have time to fish in the ocean, until I graduate just recently and found you.”

 

As I was about to continue my story when she interrupt me with a question.

 

“So, you’re really socially awkward person? Totally opposite to your brother who is confident and manipulating.”

 

I smiled that the manipulating stuff. Perhaps she right my brother can be very persuasive but he only does that in business and in me often times. Then I answered her question.

 

“No, he not that manipulative. His just a very convincing person, that’s his people skills. That’s why our business expands. His very strict and a worry rat when it comes to me. You see, my parents died on a car crash. And he was not convinced that it was an accident. Since we were still young ones, the corporations administrative assistant of our parents took us in, took care of us, put some bodyguards around us, because he also didn’t trust anyone in the company at that time. You see we own a very big corporation, a well-known bank with many branches around the world. This assistant of our parents is Fred, a very good friend of my Mother since college. Do you know I feel free today, because I didn’t see any bodyguard around me. That was my wish, to be free to roam around like an ordinary person having a vacation. Ordinary if only my brother didn’t reserved me such luxurious room.”

 

“You must be very rich to afford this very much comfortable room. And sorry about your parents.”

 

“No, That’s ok. It’s long time ago. So enough about me. How about you?  Don’t you want to find you father?”

 

“I’d rather not talk about that.”

 

“Oh, sorry. Then what’s your dream?”

 

“My dream? I really don’t know actually. I have been taking only light classes for now, somehow I am still on the road on discovering what I really want to pursue. Before all I wanted was to gain money for my brother to have a proper health care. Before he died we were buried on debt. To pay those was my only goal, even though I was still in high school. My mother always say, money isn’t the problem, we must push forward for the better and keep our hopes up for our family’s sake to stay together. I was push to optimism at an early age.  Though with all the hopes, my brother was not getting any better and so was my mother, getting physically and emotionally weaker. It’s was a hard time for us. I still felt the sting of what my mother goes through. She has many jobs but still at her best when it comes to my brother. Perhaps she doesn’t want my brother to know how are we doing financially as well as emotionally. So both of us pretended and looked best in front of him. We even put up a bucket list for him, he was happy we got to present him everything on that list except one. The very last one, because he died before we were able to present it to him. With all the efforts becomes nothing now. My mother was devastated that she committed suicide. And often times I blame myself for that, I haven’t took a careful look on how was my mother’s well-being, emotionally.”

 

A tear fell and continued saying.

 

“I am getting emotional. Now I feel bad in pouring down my emotions onto you.”

 

And I assured her:

 

“No, no it’s totally ok. We’re friends you know. And friends listen to each other.”

 

She wipe away her tears and notice me didn’t eat much.

 

“Then thank you for listening. You haven’t eaten much, you must eat.”

 

Due to the awkwardness earlier my appetite didn’t grow. I wasn’t hungry anymore. But I assured her and said:

 

“No, I am done. I’m always am a light eater. You know, you don’t have to blame yourself for that. I am sure she is sorry for leaving you behind and she loves you very much. I’m sure where ever she is, she’s proud of the you, today. Strong hearted and independent. Now let’s not talk about sad things anymore. It’s making you upset. What are you really good at?”

 

“I am not sure really. But I do like to cook. When I have time, I always watched the chef cook the food they prepared. I admire them for they do it with such diligence and sense of taste. And the art of presenting the food I love that.”

 

“Why not go to a culinary school.”

 

“I did tried to check a certain school. But sadly I can’t even afford to go. It’s too expensive.”

 

“If you want I can recommend you to a scholarship program. Our company supports someone like you who has a dream and passion.”

 

“Really? Nah, I think your bribing me to date you more…”

 

She smiled and chuckled.

 

“You know your lovely and beautiful. I adore you. And I am really falling for you more and more.”

 

“Your such an honest guy, Spine. But in the moment I am not looking for a serious relationship. Yet I am enjoying your company, so I could considered friendship even though you knew my unsorted, uneasiness, and my messy feelings for you I still not ready to let you into my heart.”

 

“Well, I can work on that.” Smiling at my plans, I thought. Oh, I forgot I have prepared something for her to see… “I have prepared something for you to see. The hotel owner has this fancy gazebo near the beach.. It’s a overlooking side of this hotel. Would you come with me. They said it has an amazing view of the ocean.”

“Oh, I know that part but I haven’t had a chance to go there… that part of the island is not allowed, only special customers goes there. And with your connections, no wonder you gain access to it.”

 

“Can we not talk about prestige. I want us to have an ordinary date, like everybody else. Simple and not so fancy.”

 

“Sorry about that. Ok, let’s go… I have been wanting to go there myself, but staff are not allowed there unless if it’s part of work.” 

 

“Let’s go…”

 

 

To be continued… 



© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
to anyone who'd come and read this, hope you like it....
thank you for reading...

I have visited this few many times for editing and re-telling the flow, If you've found some errors, don't hesitate to tell me so...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

what? Its fabulous so far, it's not cheesy at all, exactly how one might act and feel on a first date! ok on to the next :) be right back ..lol

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I am so glad you have read this... I am glad i have push the right button on how to put the date, i .. read more
Corset

10 Years Ago

I like the small touches yo gave to it that made it more realistic like the allergies to strawberrie.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2013
Last Updated on April 8, 2014


Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax