~ dark veil ~

~ dark veil ~

A Poem by Pax
"

~ open to all discussion, open to many interpretation...

"

 

 

What is right from wrong?

What is worth keeping from what’s meant releasing?

 

From a dark veil you hide

Obligated, you abide

A silent prison you call home

That’s life in this dome

 

Wield by a strong patrol

Withheld by unyielding control

 

Flying has a price

It always has, a bounty to arise

 

Dominated,

Cultivated,

Motivated

By a driven force

Subside our hunger course

From the will to adapt

For what’s just right, we tap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

.

. 

:my Quotes:

Some things are our guidance, but it doesn’t mean to withheld us from swimming.

 

© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
credits to the talented photographer: pr13s7
--363623545

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

It must be eye opening to go from where you grew up..to where you live now…
Not hiding..but to wear the niqāb, is modest for Islam… In America we are such a mix…I have seen it worn here…but to be in a country as you are…it would very hard..I would think… but once you learn a culture then you understand and can respect their way of life…
I remember a flight I took once ( a very long one) sat next to a fellow..I thought he was a bit grouchy..until I realized..he was not unfriendly .. he was muslim..that is why he did not look at me..or speak..he even brought his own food.. I tried to give him space..because i am sure having to sit next to a uncovered woman was uncomfortable for him..especially one that smiled at him when I came on the plane…lol... How I wish we could have visited a wee bit…to open worlds… Great thinking write Paxy !

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thought provoking , religion should not be burden or a weapon either, yet it is in the hands of men. You ask all the questions . Feel this great write

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What is labeled taboo in the eyes of a free world might just be a norm in her world. Do you think it would be fair if she could pick and choose what country, race and creed she would be born ? The world we now live in is really like a Poker Game. Each of us is handed a card. We don't pick and choose what card are we going to have in life. If you find yourself living in a free world with all the comfort, ammenities and freedom of life could offer then should we have been handed a high card. You have a pair of Jack, a pair of Queen , a King or Ace perhaps. Then should we look with contempt of the person sitting opposite our table ? ( person living opposite our world ) This women has been handed the lowest card and she's still willing to play her role, her part in a world of winner takes all . Would it be fair if she could pick and choose what card she'll be playing, the higher the better, or do you think she just go ahead and fold ? Anyway your winning ...she's trying ...

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dominated,
Cultivated,
Motivated
By a driven force
Subside our hunger course
From the will to adapt
For what’s just right, we tap.

The last lines are what says it all. once again you amaze me . keep up the good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I trust the moral code of ethics but I distrust the people who implement it as a strict law. Religion is our great guidance, but people who used it as a tool of destruction or used it to deceived anyone or used it for revenge or used it as to degrade anyone to the point equality in everyone is a blur. I am just a pawn in this chess game, sometimes we abide not because we like it, but it’s what the right thing to do in the meantime. Indeed a thought-provoking piece, deep and well thought-out!

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

wow, captain my friend... really your words is amazing... it's just what i was thinking as well, you.. read more
You truly amaze me with this thought provoking piece, Paxy...
Your writes always command deep thoughts to ponder...and this one is an open discussion which
leaves my mind reeling... I believe there are two sides to everything.. that which we cannot understand and may view other cultures as oppressive...
Having said that, as a woman, I feel it would be like a prison within the walls of social confinement... built to hinder feminine strength. And yet, the hindrance makes one stronger (under the veil).

"From a dark veil you hide

Obligated, you abide

A silent prison you call home

That’s life in this dome"~ Intense write, my dear friend!~xoxo~


Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

wow, my dear beautiful friend... as a woman yourself, living in this dome, you have no choice to abi.. read more
A really deep contemplation here, Pax, on societal cultural norm in the Middle East...I really in enjoyed reading the insight of your poem. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I am glad you enjoyed this piece my friend, it's really a deep concept i have touch, and i appreciat.. read more
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

You are so very welcome, Pax. :)
To me, this dark veil represents anything that hinder us from realizing our full potentials and i think that the darkest veil that we need and the hardest to overcome is the veil which is sewn by our own selves. however, i am aware of the fact that not all women are enjoying the same freedom and choices that most women are currently enjoying. it pains me so much to see fellow women in a situation that they have no other choice but to obey the standards set by culture and traditions as disobedience would mean ostracism or death.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I know that dark veil so much you mean there beautiful Gab, I feel like it always cloak my progress .. read more
i see this as more than a culture thing, and the costume that is worn...this dark veil is representing being put down...being part of another and losing ourselves...and in the end finally having the courage to break away---we adapt as long as possible..but if we are lucky we leave for what is just right for us.

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

yes indeed, it's more than that... you are very clever to see many things in the piece my friend, I .. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1095 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 25, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013
Tags: hiding deep meaning on rhymes

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Candles of Shame Candles of Shame

A Poem by Pax


cruel to me cruel to me

A Poem by Pax


I flunk! I flunk!

A Poem by Pax