heavy heart #1

heavy heart #1

A Poem by Pax
"

* part 1

"

 

 

 

 

Which is heavier, my body or this heart of mine?

 

The quantity of the heart is much harder to reassure.

Life is full of assumptions and depressing pressures.

Undecided but I’m riding the ocean waves.

Instinct is my driven force, wanting to be brave.

 

I walk in a road where the path has a dead glow.

I kiss the shadow of nothing, to endure - I bow.

Obedient as I am, the ocean is my starting point, down below

       to where I creep and swim in slow-mo.

 

My feet had grown cold doing what he has been told.

The needy feeling had gone old.

 

I open my heart to go bold.

Just another piece of my life unfolds.

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
Photo credits:

Week 27 - I Was A Heavy Heart To Carry
by
anuelestheim

This is the first of the series of poems I made this week.

a series of the heart & Mind:
1. ) Heavy Hear #1
2. ) Vast Space #2
3. ) Silent Scream #3
4. ) ~ Land of Poets ~

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a piece of art... the photo, drawn to gravity, as the body and the words, both make a heaviness of the realm. (but beautiful) there is pain in your words, that always bring the best art above. So admire that. "waiting to be brave?" he? I don't get that line, you "ARE" already, by posting it bro. Many can't are struck in their neurotic silent realms, you are just opening here, opening up. That's courage! uh, nothing but courage!!!!

"Obedient as I am, the ocean is my starting point, down below
to where I creep and swim in slow-mo."

What a beautiful line full of deep thought, as deep an ocean can be, and as we tend to be both water signs, it's you that keeps the head up in this... slo-mo, speaks for "being aware" of that moment, of below ness. You are aware you are swiming slow-mo, so you control your dreamy mind, in thought, to realisation. I know deeply the metaphor is related to your beautiful country and all that is happening there, my heart is with you and yours.

Know I'm on the other side of the world, but my heart is Asian, and living and loving each happening.
Please "let the feeling get "OLD" so you can be there in your beyond ages, and future still for your folk"
You're an artist people need to read, need to live by. You did the best you could with this astonishing write, to reach out, not only for yourself, but for any human being, that's in suffering, you are so selfless, it's giving a golden ray around your picture, ;) aura pax borealis almost ;) instead of aurora borealis ;) xx

- Elisa



Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

ahh, you bring light big sis, thank you for that... always! I can't thank you enough... you words he.. read more

10 Years Ago

You know, bro, I"m just happy and proud of you, that you're always writing, bringing art, living lif.. read more



Reviews

Oh my friend ... now i`m confused, why you think to stop writing?? you`re just awesome at writing and yeah ... i`ve read all the series of your poems and I find this first one`s much more personal to you than the rest ones ... all series are nicely discovered with your humor and I adore this!! If anything I`d to say to you then i`d say that this write`s one of the favorites of mine. Beautiful imagery ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

my wordsmith friend, it is indeed the most personal one, the very first line of this piece is the on.. read more
Wórdsmíth

9 Years Ago

Your welcome, my friend ... Oh well, thanks for answering the question, you`re far kind. Well friend.. read more
Pax

9 Years Ago

*big smiles, the track will be long and hard, that I know off, with your words its felt like it will.. read more
I think I have said this before but I'd like to say it once again; world will forever indifferent to us, but we always have a choice : be passive to social realities or make an act and define own meaning to help create a better world. The choice is yours, but of course responsibilities is heavy as the mountain, how strong you are to carry them? That is the challenge.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

beautifully writen and yet so somber

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such an enticing concept, whether your heart has to suffer the weight of the body it resides in or your body must heave around a heart weighed down by woes and wonders and the pressures of everyday life beating down on it. The way in which you describe the ascendance from the lowest points of the Earth to just the surface adds very rich complexity to the piece, and speaking of the exhaustion that the feet must bear while they look forwards to the path still able to be trod on.
Well done, this was most certainly full of such stunning emotions.

The icon makes the poem seem so much more enthralling, just an afterthought.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Art? hopefully as art has no purpose other than itself, I say this in a nice way as you are an artist although I find it difficult to find a place in poetry for such a thing... forgive me if I said too much as I am new here and am looking to find my way, ;-) Brendan

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is powerful, as if the whole world is trying to suck you down, crush you, destroy you! Just remember, the heart, unlike the body, can always heal, as impossible as it may seem at times. Only issue I am seeing here is " I bow, for one the quotation mark is out of place, perhaps you originally entered --, and the site just screwed it up? As for bow, it doesn't really rhyme with the other words, so perhaps you could rework it for a better rhyme? Anyway, good work here, as always.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So sad this one is. Hearts do take the heavy load of what's been dumped on them so to speak. Sorry for what ever's going on in your country. You might relate to song lyrics that I put up not long ago called, Nonsense Noise. Let me know what you think. We are all here for you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love the way you rhyme, and how every thing you write is deep, and has such strong meaning to it, filled with much emotion :)
Great write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful piece for sure.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you so much my friend...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

864 Views
19 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 14, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2014

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


wounds of my past wounds of my past

A Chapter by Pax