~ Land of Poets ~

~ Land of Poets ~

A Poem by Pax
"

- series #4

"

 

~ Land of Poets ~

I sit on the stock pile of emotions

with crappy verses of my distraught voices.

 

Fragile words carefully stored

In this land of poets, we concord.

  

I stroke my bleeding pen,

to write away any burden.

 

I am often ashamed,

Uncertainties to blame

With nothing to claim

I hide in the moment I lied

Full of rules and fears, I am fully tied

Can’t escape nor set aside

Just a person riding the tide.

 

 You might think this is word-play,

Too unrealistic to life’s role-play.

Yet I say:

It’s a piece of my screaming heart, conveyed

in a creative way.

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
Sometimes I would think that I should stop writing poems, that I have no future in what so ever in it or stop writing all together. It’s a hobby that can’t feed me yet it feeds my mind and filled my soul with wisdom, that my heart is communicating - somewhat sprinkling bits of pieces he wants to convey. I feel tired you know, there is too many uncertainties I feel, it stings, somewhat my soul bleeds... yet I found a special family of friends here, and that to me is worth enough to stay in this site.

I write from a deep perspective, something that hides behind the rhymes. More often it is just fragments of my soul, scattered in all of my verses.

This was part of my series of poems, the fourth one to be exact.
Here is the others:
Heavy Hear #1
Vast Space #2
Silent Scream #3


Credits to the photo used:
Papercuts by sea-of-ice

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Poetry is a hard life. Writing is a hard life. Art, in any way, shape or form is a hard life. But we do it because we feel it in our souls. We might not necessarily be good at it. It might not be able to earn us a living, and all the words in our heart may threaten to tear us apart, or to overflow and drown the world. It may seem like too much of a burden, to have the power of the pen, to feel like you're drifting out on an ocean of emotions that flicker so quickly past you don't have time to grasp it and put it on paper, thoughts and feelings too beautiful to ever be captured by words. And so many times we want to walk away, to stop, to give up. But I think what makes it worth it isn't the result. It doesn't matter what happens in the end. Whether the words are clumsy or not. Whether anybody publishes it or not. Whether or not anyone else approves, even. It doesn't matter in the end. What matters is the journey. And honestly, for people like us? The journey itself is enough.

Posted 10 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I really admire your words my friend, it really fills my heart with warmth, its breathtaking how bro.. read more



Reviews

'Sometimes I would think I should stop writing poems.'

An impossible mountain to climb. We write because we must; because what is inside has to be be gifted life, no matter.

For every true poet there is, those last two lines say it all.
Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

thank you Beccy, it is indeed, we do it because we must, its part of who we are as aspiring poets..... read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
I write to while away the time before heading off to work.I enjoy putting together very simple rhyming verses about anything,and hopefully if read others might enjoy them too.Really liked this piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

thank you Gee, I like rhyming too... I do that before, I have 30 mins ride heading and going back to.. read more
I have often felt the same way and have cut down on my time here as a result. As you can see, I always come back though. Poetry is a great creative outlet for anyone who enjoys reading and writing it. There is very little if any money so as you say, it is relegated to a hobby. A hit and miss hobby for most of us. But still, an enjoyable one if the writer persists in it. You've explained your feelings well here Pax.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

thank you, my friend. Its been long hard road, no matter how much we thought of giving up, we always.. read more
Relic

9 Years Ago

You're welcome Pax and thanks.
A very intense and strong write on the various reasons we write, and whether or not there is fame, acclaim, or monetary rewards from it, we write because we must. The passion for writing always drives us to go and put into words thoughts, emotions, dreams, and sorrows like it is part of us flowing and creating a portrait on the canvas of life. Your words did this very effectively, and the style is smooth, free, unrestricted. The content pithy and direct, last lines gave a very assertive impact. Title chosen wrapped up the poem perfectly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Ms. Cyn, it so nice seeing you, my friend, wow, that's a great compliment, coming from u, thank you .. read more
cynthiabuhainbaello

9 Years Ago

Welcome Pax -I have been busy with a writing job and with the poetry groups I monitor as admin in a .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
S
I used to feel it, too. I told myself why am I even writing? How can you love something you're not good at? Then I realized, if you love doing something, you just do it. Nothing else matters. :)S

Posted 9 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

thank you, kabayan S, its nice to see you in WC, very glad that you can relate to this, me too, the.. read more
"A piece of my screaming heart conveyed…" Stunning line. Your words illuminate the truth of the artist's existence creating beauty from our pain.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. I'm a visual artist and singer as well as a writer. I've always said that the artist.. read more
Pax

9 Years Ago

wow, you sing too, that's great! me, too, not a singer but somehow a visual artist too, or I believe.. read more
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I've always said, "I'm an artist. That's not something I do. It's who I am."
The "screaming heart", the bloody stroked pen and much of the visualization here is very raw and full of dramatic presentation. I have felt myself in such a state of mind as well... there is a creativity we find in such stormy emotions. You have used your angst to be creative rather than destructive, this creative expression is good I think. This is one of the very reasons poetry is so therapeutic. We can write out the drama without having to live it out in a screaming fit to those around us.
Well done Pax.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

"This is one of the very reasons poetry is so therapeutic." ~ I attest to that. I am grateful with y.. read more
It's amazing how you can describe so many emotions in just a few lines. While reading it it's almost like experiencing everything yourself for a brief moment and when the poem ends you feel lost. Beautiful writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much, pinkcookie.
This is REAL!...

Your emotions are truly relinquished, and I can feel the undulation of your burdened heart.

Nobody writes inner pain like this without some merit of truth.

This is beautifully written, Paxy!~xoxo~

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

thank you very much, hugs... it is nice to see you my friend... I am glad you felt it too, that for .. read more
Writing is love. It is a world where we escape to sometimes. Enjoy the moments we spend on crafting words to give life to unspoken feelings. Like love, writing asks for passion and sincerity... it's not about fame and money in the end.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much my friend, Indeed my friend, I agree more of what you've said... you say such tr.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2444 Views
57 Reviews
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


heavy heart #1 heavy heart #1

A Poem by Pax


wounds of my past wounds of my past

A Chapter by Pax