sudden thoughts

sudden thoughts

A Chapter by Pax
"

-side chapter. Lessie's thoughts after what happened late last night.

"

 

“I cried from my last words. I cried from that kissed of pure bliss. I cried because I can’t accept what I truly felt. I cried because I am afraid. I cry and cried because the truth hurts.” ~ Lessie’s thoughts

 

I cried till I fall asleep….

 

The tingling sensation of warm sunlight touched my bared back, then memories of last night comes in a series flashback. How could I go back to work with this troubling thought of my parents finding out all about this. Specially now the business is not in good flow. I better call the office to cancel all my schedules of today. As all have been realized, I notice the time, it was very late, late noon to be exact. No wonder the sunlight stings a bit. Gathering my phone, it was put into silent, and has 10 missed calls. I scrambled myself fast into the living room to answer phone call.

 

“Yes.. Hello!” I barely make it on time, sigh…

 

“Less, I have been trying to call you, why are you not picking up. Its already noon and you’re not here. Should I cancel your  one o’clock meeting?”

 

It was April on the other line, she’s been my secretary for many years now and also a loyal friend. Yet I haven’t been honest to her lately since the Rio incident. “Yes, cancel all my schedules today and tomorrow. I need to fixed some personal things at hand. I’ll be heading to mom’s place after I’m freshen up. Please just call me if it’s really important, okay?”

 

“But this meeting is important. He is one of our big client. And what is this personal business all about. Hey, it seems like lately you’ve been avoiding me with this topic. And I know it has been driving you crazy. Because your always out of focus as of late.”

 

“Sorry, April. It is okay, I can handle it. Tell mr. Marshal I will see him Friday about the project. Today I am not yet ready for the project to launch. And about my personal business I’ll tell you later when I have time. I can’t talk about it on the phone.”

 

“Alright, but be sure this coming Friday you’ll meet mr. Marshal and you are ready, because this project is been pending long enough. So, when are you planning on telling me this? You’re so secretive as always, Less. Okay, I can wait, but be sure you’re alright, I’ll see you soon.”

 

“Thanks, April. See you soon, bye!”

 

I hung up, then sudden thoughts keeps on flying almost everywhere my imagination could see. The warm shower relaxes my nerves. I enjoyed the warm downpour of water. Relaxing and relieving some stress for a time. But again it is short-lived as soon as I got out of the bathroom. The thought of being such a disappointment to my parents, hurts me.  And the thought of losing their trust, their love for me because I bring down their hard work on raising the company that I put into the lose end. We’re losing some investor now….



© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
---

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the excerpt of Lessies thoughts, it lends such an emotional setting, she's a hot mess she is , lol..men, they'll do that, turn an intelligent strong willed woman into a bowl of chaotic much that can't think straight, you played this chapter perfectly and true to form, Less should be churning and burning right now, full of bliss and confusion. loved it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on April 8, 2014
Last Updated on April 8, 2014


Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax