a moment of clarity

a moment of clarity

A Chapter by Pax
"

--

"

 

 

I head back to reality after I manage to see Cassandra walks upon in chef’s uniform. She is still gorgeous, no matter what she wears. I stood up as she arrive and offer her the seat opposite mine.

 

“Surprising as always. What is it you want this time? Is there an occasion I forgotten? Or your having change of plan about the wedding?”

 

“whoa.. Hold those questions… I am not here to talk all about it.”

 

“Then why are you here at such short notice on a very busy night.”

 

“I just want to tell you something important. Hoping you’ll not get mad at me.”

 

“What is it? Wait! Are you having an affair? Is that why your so aloof or somehow bothered this past few days?”

 

“Oh, no, not at all.”

 

“Then what?”

 

“I don’t know how to say it, Cass. It’s a bit complicated. Or I think it is. Please don’t be mad, I kept this a secret from you since I meet you together with my brother. Even Bone didn’t know about this. Actually I have been looking for you in two years, then suddenly I found you besides my brother being his girlfriend. Imagine the shock I hide. Imagine the time you totally didn’t recognized me. So I just pretended it was our first meeting until I found your back story. To why can’t you remember me.”

 

“What? Why are you telling me this just now? There was a time a certain portion of my memories was erase. They said I had a temporary amnesia. It’s a month of memories were gone in a jiffy.”

 

“Yes, that’s what I found out. I did hire someone to do a background check on you. You had a nasty fall in the rocky beachside.  The coastguard  found lying unconscious and bleeding near the shores. They also said you almost drown because there were remnants of sea water in your lungs. Good thing you were brought to the hospital alive. You were in bad condition that you were immediately sent to the hospital. I didn’t know about this because you brought there without any identification. You were in a coma for a few days, I think if I remember correctly it was three weeks until you finally woke up. I was really devastated to found you gone, nowhere to be found. I never stop looking for you.”

 

Her tears falls as easy as I finish my side of the story.

 

“How could not tell this earlier, spine? Much earlier not leaving me all confuse with overwhelming effect of our first meeting.”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“You heard me. I tried to hide the familiar feeling when your around. I tried and keep on trying to fight off the feeling every time you are near. I am honest with my feeling towards your brother. But when your around I have a total different feeling. I am all confused all the time. I hate it, it is almost a slow torture of guilt and pleasure to see you.”

 

“I am so sorry Cassie, I love you so much, that I am willing to accept my fate. I never interfere when I found out. I just let it be. But the feelings were too strong to hold us down. In end I was always drawn to you and we both hurt my brother. I hate seeing my brother that way. He had done so much for me since our uncle Tom died. Please forgive me for not telling you this earlier.”

 

“I think we should just temporarily move the date of our wedding. A pause. I need time to think all this clearly. My head hurts and I keep seeing blank every time I tried to remember that particular incident. I do think now I need my time alone. I’ll stay at the hotel for now. You don’t need to wait for me. Please call our friends that the wedding is held off for a time.”

 

“Wait, Cassie. Let not rush into a decision yet.”

 

“No, Spine. I just needed some time. Aw! My head hurts.”

 

“Are you alright? Cassie!!!”

 

Cassandra fainted……

 

To be continued.

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
I really thought I could not write this, it has been in my mind how Cassandra lost her memory but didn't have the chance to finally put it into writng on how will Spine tell her the said accident...

enjoy...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ah, you continued your "novel", pax. i'll be reading it but I'll give my "real review" when you finish it ;D. By the way, there's this Filipina girl who posted her story online (romantic comedy, very funny) and her story now is a major movie here. Just saying para sort of inspiration mo. who knows...

Posted 10 Years Ago


ahhh so that's what happened and how she ended up with the brother! I was thinking she was a hussy, lol.
Good chapter!

oh no, thats the last one for today :(

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 8, 2014
Last Updated on April 8, 2014


Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax